“Quiet but not real clean” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
WI
“Quiet but not real clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Quiet place but the spilling over trash container at the entry door was a turn off. It was like that for 3 days. The maid did not clean my coffee pot or leave coffee 2 days in a row. I stayed 5 nights and they never changed the sheets. Free breakfast was decent and the lobby is nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank glrbob
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and giving us feed back on what we can work on. We have done a lot of work in this last past year to ensure our guest enjoy everything we have to offer! Our staff is the very best! Everyone works so hard to ensure that the property is very clean and that they have done everything possible to make your stay divine. We try to think of every detail but we understand we may miss things too. We recently went through a complete renovation to our property! This included all new carpet, paint, drapes, bedding, lamps, furniture, and every room has a microwave and refrigerator in it!

We hope you will come back and discover all the hard work my staff and I have put into this property!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

This is the first time I've stayed at an AmericInn Lodge. Was very pleased. As others have stated in previous reviews, it offers a lot for a moderate-priced hotel. Our room was clean and roomy. The pool area was also very fresh and clean. I also agree that the breakfast was one of the nicest ones I've had compared to other hotels."Continental Breakfast" can mean just about anything a hotel wants to set out for you-watered down orange juice,cold cereal, not -so-fresh donuts purchased the night before-I've endured it all.
I was hoping for hot waffles at the very least. To my family's surprise! AmericInn also had
hot scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels,toast, yogurt , several cereals, oatmeal, sweet rolls, & fresh fruit! Hotel staff was very attentive and made sure food was always replenished. Everyone was very friendly & pleasant.
Whole family enjoyed a wonderful stay.
Only two very tiny nit-picky cons: 1.) "Game Area" advertised on their website (Wisconsin Rapids, WI location), consisted of two sad looking video games sitting in the corner of the pool area and neither worked. (maybe the humidity in the pool area?). There was also a useless never-can-win crane game with stuffed animals so over sized & heavy that I doubt even the most skilled person could get the small crane to lift them. And a pool table - next to the pool, probably for lack of any space. This really didn't bother me at all because I didn't have to listen to the kids whine to play & it saved me some money.
2.) The fireplace in the lobby looked beautiful & inviting. It would have been so cozy if it had been turned on. The night we arrived was windy and damp. I never saw it on both nights we stayed there.
Like I said, very nit-picky. I would not hesitate to stay there again and most certainly will next time I come through that way again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank imbuddha1
Thank you! What a very nice review! It makes us so happy that you are enjoying our property in the way we have hoped everyone would!

I am so glad that you mentioned our extras!! We provided a wide range of extras, here are some examples: Heated Pool, Heated Whirlpool, Hot Home-Style Breakfast which includes scrabbled eggs and sausage, Wireless High Speed Internet, 24 hour fitness center a couple miles away, business center, laundry room, convenience store, 24 hour coffee bar, 24 front desk services, and much more!! We also have done a lot of work in this last past year to our rooms and lobby area! We had a complete renovation to our property! This included all new carpet, paint, drapes, bedding, lamps, and furniture!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!! Hope to see you in the near future!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

This was an excellent hotel for its moderate price. The room was quiet and clean. The breakfast was the best of any of the seven similarly-priced hotels we stayed at. They also had an on-site guest laundry. I'll be watching for AmericInn's for future travel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank IdRatherBeBicycling
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review! We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay.

We really do go above and beyond as much as we possibly can. Knowing that we could accommodate your breakfast needs really pleases us! We want to make sure everyone has a good breakfast before they start their day that is why we offer such a variety of items to choose from! That is important to us!

We continually train our staff on service and as you have experienced, they are doing a wonderful job. Thank you for noting it!

Until then, have many beautiful, happy days!
La Crosse Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

Originally I was booked to stay at another motel in Rapids that had disgusting feedback. Thanks, TripAdvisor, for getting that together! I asked the people who booked my stay to read the reviews, and after they did, they booked a room for me at the AmericInn. I was very glad they did so. The room was quite large and very clean; the tv had good channels; the clock worked fine; the chairs were comfortable; the bathroom spotless; and the amenities were more than adequate. The mattress was firm, not a soft one that provides no back support. Each bed had three comfy pillows on it, so for the first time I did not need to ask for extra pillows to support me. (I need to sleep nearly upright as otherwise I get a migraine during the night.) Before retiring I enjoyed the hot tub. In the morning I really enjoyed a hearty breakfast in the breakfast nook: scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles with honey, orange juice, and coffee. What a joy!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank BluffCountryArtist
Oh yes, after a long day of traveling nothing like a wonderful lodge to check in to with a Pool, whirlpool, very comfortable beds and a hot home-style free breakfast! We are so glad that you enjoyed it all!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It makes us so happy when we know we have provided a wonderful stay in every way possible!

Until we meet again, have a great day!!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2005

My company usually tries to let us stay in Hampton Inns, however there is not one in Wisonsin Rapids. I was pleasantly surprised, wifi internet access, indoor heated pool with a large fireplace in the foyer. Also, they have a waffle machine for breakfast! Good channels on the TV. If you are flying into Wisconsin I would recommend flying into Madison, its about 2hrs from Wisconsin Rapids, but I would eat before leaving Madison if you want a sit down place to eat. There isnt much but fast food from Madison to Wisconsin Rapids. Oh and watch out for deer.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you! What a great review! It makes us so happy that you are enjoying our property in the way we have hoped everyone would!

I am so glad that you mentioned our extras!! We provided a wide range of extras, here are some examples: Heated Pool, Heated Whirlpool, Pool table in the pool room, Hot Home-Style Breakfast which includes scrabbled eggs and sausage, Wireless High Speed Internet, 24 hour fitness center a couple miles away, business center, laundry room, convenience store, 24 hour coffee bar, 24 front desk services, and much more!! Please stop by and enjoy what we have to offer!!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
#4 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!