“Would not return”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
USA
“Would not return”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We requested, and were given a non-smoking room. Upon opening the door the room smelled very strongly of stale cigarette smoke. Enough that the upholstered couch smelled and we needed to wash all the clothes that were left outside of the suitcase.

Other than that the hotel is dated, but did appear clean. The breakfast was average, but put out in a fairly cramped area.

They do charge for having a safe in your room, you need to ask to have the fee for it taken off your bill if you don't use it.

Considering all of the above I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Wisconsin Rapids. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Our AmericInn has a very high standard and reputation of guest room cleanliness. You were promised a clean, fresh smelling room and it appears we did not live up to that expectation. To more consistently accomplish that goal, we have made some changes to the way in which our guest rooms are cleaned and inspected before being rented to our guests. We also are able to remove the safe fee if you did not use the safe. The fee only applies when our guest need to use the safe to secure their items.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations; exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Kind Regards,

AmericInn Lodge & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mequon, WI
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I always stay at this hotel after having stayed at all the major hotels in town. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The new upgrades make it even nicer. The staff is always friendly and helpful. They also upgraded the off site work out facilities. A nice amenity. I am on the road nearly 250 nights per year and appreciate their ability to make me feel at home.

Room Tip: North and West side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Melissa K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our number one priority here at the AmericInn is YOU, our customers!! We want our entire hotel of guests to feel relaxed, renewed and recharged for the next day. With the new upgrades it helps our guests get there sooner. Fresh new carpeting that feels good on the feet, crisp new bedding, and lamps that have plug-in right there on the desk! How convenient!! We empathize with the on the road workers so we try our best to make our AmericInn a home away from home.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our family of four has stayed here a few times and have always had a positive experience. I was very happy that on our last stay there are now updated rooms (decor). Just makes for an even nicer stay. The breakfast options are basic, but good. The pool is a great size and depth for kids to splash around. Hotel staff has been very welcoming and helpful. We'll be back!

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have lots to haul, ask for a room on the first floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! I always enjoy hearing from our customers!
I was so glad to hear that you and your family really enjoyed the recently remodeled hotel. My staff and I put a lot of hard work and heart into making this hotel stand out and stand proud.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I frequently stay at Americinn for its nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and all the amenities.I highly recommend it especially to business travelers.
I have stayed at this hotel 400+ times (yes!) and for good reason-it is the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so very much for the review you made complimenting my staff and our property. I know that you are a very busy person and I much appreciate the time that you took to let us know that we are doing a great job for you.
I will be sure to pass along your kind words as it helps us when we know we have truly made a difference to those we serve each and every day. You are the type of customer we look forward to helping every day and make our jobs enjoyable.

Kindest regards,
Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We really had a great time with the grandtwins at the Americinn. The room was immaculate. There was no ice machine on the second floor though. The pool and hot tub were a real treat. The pool water was just the right temperature and the hot tub was truly hot and bubbly. We shared our pool toys and left them behind for others to enjoy. The bed, pillows and linen were soft and comfy and we all slept good. The twins gave a thumbs up for the pull out bed. A nice continental breakfast with sausage and eggs, donuts, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal and beverages. We would stay again but only on the first floor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Oh yes, after a long day of traveling nothing like a wonderful lodge to check in to with a Pool, whirlpool, very comfortable beds and a hot home-style free breakfast! We are so glad that you enjoyed it all! I myself have to little kids and so I know how first hand how important it is to get two thumbs up from them!!

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and giving us a great recommendation. We appreciate it!

Please do come back and see us again soon!

Have a wonderful day!!
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business. The rates are very good, and the place is always spotless. They recently remodeled, and everything is new now. I would definitely recommend. They have a helpful staff, and are an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! My staff and I have put everything into this hotel and I believe the remodel really shows that! With talking to my guest I have come to realize most people want 3 main things; Great service, clean rooms and a competitive rate. Everyday we strive to deliver that expectation.
Again, thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel to travelers!

bechtelsville
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I can't express enough how friendly and comfortable the hotel was during our stay..clean, quiet, nice breakfast, all the employees were top notch. Jerry was outstanding in helping us...and all the household employees were friendly and thoughtful. There is no other hotel in the area we would stay, in a return trip. Excellent value !!! Give this hotel the highest rating possible !!
Cathy and Andy, Pennsylvania

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Yes, our staff is wonderful, they are highly trained and we are very proud of them! They have worked very hard to learn to provide exceptional customer service and, as you experienced, do a wonderful job.

We really appreciate the time you took to write the review and your pleasant thoughts.

We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Until then, have many beautiful, happy days!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!