We booked several rooms for a cross country meet. The rooms were dirty, and smelled terrible. We booked non-smoking rooms and all of the rooms had no-smoking signs posted in them, but the rooms reaked of cigarette smoke and had ash trays on the table. There were also burn marks on the sides of the tub from cigarettes.
The sheets on the beds were dirty and full of hair.
Our smoke detector was disconnected.
The bathroom had mold on the walls and ceiling. There were urine stains on the walls by the toilet. There were cracks in the wall above the shower and there were bugs coming out of the cracks.
The floors were dirty and sticky. Your white socks turned black. Also, the chairs in the room were filthy.
Some of our group got switched to other rooms, but found the same conditions, no improvements.
We had two towels in our room and we paid for four people. We requested more towels and were told to pick them up in the morning from the office. The office was not open by 10 a.m. and we had to purchase towels at a local store. Check-out was at 10:30 a.m.
We checked in late and there were no other hotel rooms available in town. We were unable to change reservations due to committments the next day. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Maples Motel Wisconsin Rapids