“Brunch -”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Wonewoc
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro....Simple meals, modest setting. We are small and cozy. Everything is fresh and from scratch. Join us for dinner, we'll make you feel at home!
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wonderful Brunch on Sundays. The smoked salmon on dill cream cheese bagel was excellent. Coffee via french press also very good! Very nice way to spend Sunday morning.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Kelley’s Woodfired Bistro is new (just opened in May 2014) and worth it for many reasons. The food is wonderful, especially the roasted beet salad with feta and greens—with a delectable citrus fresh herb sauce that had me wowed from the first bite. Their entrees are cooked in an authentic wood fired oven, a great taste enhancer, and even the lowly sweet potato I ordered instead of rice or white potato had a deep richness rare in that vegetable. My salmon was tender and more moist than usual, with a delicate sauce and flavor.

The end of meal surprise was dessert, something my husband and I rarely select, but the mention of fresh (locally sourced) raspberry mousse had a ‘come hither’ sound. Oh my. The taste was (here comes the cliché) to die for. I think we would plan a trip of many miles just to taste it again. Served with lovely local whipped cream and a large dollop of homemade raspberry sauce, we oohhed our way through. (It was enough for the 2 of us.)

The end of meal coffee arrived, just made, and served at the table in a French Press that I pressed! Loved that. After the meal the delightful owners, chef Brian and his wife Ellen, make the visit a real event. We had a little kitchen tour and explanation about the wood fired oven, and learned about their painstaking transformation of the old historic building into a working restaurant. Tucked in the small old village main street next to the Baraboo River and close to the Sparta Tomah trail, Kelly’s offers an epicurean delight of freshly sourced veggies and delicious entrees with an authentic vintage and antique décor. Not completely finished inside, but since the chef is something of a Renaissance man, being a builder and woodworker too, no doubt in time, it will be. Have a seat in the comfy leather chairs by the windows. Do try to make a reservation ahead. We didn’t and just lucked out that there was a table available on a Friday night. They only can accommodate small parties of 6 or fewer because of the wood fired oven, and the night we visited, all the tables were full of patrons.