“Great family-owned establishment!”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Saginaw, Michigan
“Great family-owned establishment!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband and I have been staying at the Z-Bar Motel each summer for 10 years. It is the place where we stage our backpacking trips into the Big Horn Mtns. Terry and Kevin are fantastic hosts. The price is right, the cabins have all been updated, there is always someone around to answer questions, and we are happy to support a locally-owned business in Buffalo, Wyoming. The consistently great environment is why we return. In fact, we've booked our 2013 family reunion here! The Motel is quiet, and the central grassy area with children's playground, picnic tables, and grills provides a great atmosphere for guests to gather. Free wifi is a nice added bonus. If you are coming through Buffalo, don't stay at those placeless chain hotels by the interstate. For half the price, come in to town and stay at the Z-bar!

Room Tip: We often stay in room 29, which is nice, but all cabins are great. Some have kitchens, so ask if you...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_lover_2010a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Yes, of course you could stay at the Hampton Inn, but if you're looking for an incredibly clean room that's quiet and very comfortable, then look no more. My husband and I stayed here with our two young daughters who loved the playset outside. I had the chance to talk with the owners who were very hospitable and helped us find a restaurant when we checked in pretty late. I really liked staying at this independently-owned motel because it supports the local community and makes the travel experience sooo much more interesting! Bravo to the Z-Bar for hanging in there during this tough economy. I would recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011
Lansing, Iowa
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I were traveling through on our motorcycle on the way to Yellowstone and specifically planned our route to spend a night in Buffalo. This is at least the third time we have stayed at the Z-bar motel, the other two times were with our three children. The owner is very friendly and wants your stay to be pleasant. The rooms have been updated since our last visit and are very clean. This is a wonderful location and I love the park-like setting. It is always a relaxing place to stay and can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We have been on a 4 day trip from OR to WI, putting in 8-10 hour driving days: saw the reviews for the Z-bar and then the rates and we were sold. They stuck around past 11pm to check us in (of course, that would happen at any Motel 6 etc. but this is a family run establishment). Got a single queen cabin, had a fridge and micro and a really nice bathroom.
The downside was that my computer wouldn't work with the wifi, but I blame my computer as there were others who were using it no problem...
Kudos to them for being a small hotel with personality and a great price...

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Barboursville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here on our way from Mt Rushmore to Yellowstone. Very clean cabins, wifi worked great, front desk was friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Rawlins, Wyoming
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Clean, cozy and affordable. I would choose this motel / cabins over an national chain any day. Not very modern, but the rooms were functional and very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I accidentally left my I-pod in when we left and they called me to tell me that I had left it in the room and they would happily ship it to me. I tend to think that if we had stayed anywhere else the chances of recovering my lost item would have been slim to none. Also excellent rates for the quality of room you get!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Eyota
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We have stayed here many times and have not been disappointed. Always clean and quiet. Very helpful at the desk. Relaxing to park right by the cabins and sit out on the nice evenings to unwind after all the fun day trips!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family