Z-Bar Motel
Travelocity
Quality Inn(Buffalo)
US$63
US$64
Big Horn Motel(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$68
Rodeway Inn(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$51
All reviewssingle cabinthe ownerindividual cabinscabin roomssmall cabinrefrigerator microwaveanswer questionssmall coffee potshort walkfront officenice folksthe main dragair conditioningmain buildingcharming towngreat place to staythe big horn mountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2012

First off I was taken aback by sign in kitchen telling me I better not leave dirty dishes or I would be fined $100!!!! WOW.

Then there was the horribly loud a/c!! And the one in the unit next to ours was just as loud that the room was vibrating.

I was afraid to use a plug as most were very loose and wiggly. The beds were ok, it was quiet until 6 am when trucks started up. The room had a musty smell --

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Situated near downtown Buffalo, these cabins, were clean, newly remodeled, equipped with fridge and micro wave. The grassy area in the middle was so nice for restful reading and had tables for picnicking as well.Very economical. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveller1624
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed in the "motel" which is really just 5 rooms in a structure next to the cabins, but the whole place was charming and a wonderful change from chain-hotel interstate traveling. As others have noted, the couple that runs the Z-Bar are friendly and helpful - Mike helped us pick a restaurant on a Monday when many places are closed. Terri happily changed our reservation on very short notice, when we realized we'd get to Buffalo a day earlier than planned. It's pet and smoker friendly (limited rooms for that), and our dog was very pleased with all the exploring he was able to do. The motel is in walking distance to the main drag, including the museum and Nate Champion memorial. It doesn't look modern from the outside, but our room was quite comfortable and modern, with a microwave and fridge. I noticed particularly that the bathroom had been either freshly caulked or cleaned within an inch of its life, either of which was fine with me. Lovely town, too - so glad we stopped in Buffalo.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PopStop
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We liked almost everything about Z Bar Motel. The couple who own it are really nice and helpful. The cabins are very cute with knotty pine and very good beds and bathrooms. The one-bed unit we stayed in was a little small and there was nowhere to put our bags, but it was still a decent stay and a good deal for the price. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trekkin_1956
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Sometimes, I plan to get away from America's chain hotels and try an independent hotel or motel. Thus, and because of the good reviews, I found myself at the Z-Bar Motel in Buffalo. We had a cabin, very different from a room at a Hampton Inn, but as always seems to happen, I found myself wishing I was in an anonymous chain hotel. The owners at the Z-Bar couldn't have been more welcoming, including Millie the dog, and the cabin was clean and nicely furnished. But it was small and dark, the air conditioning noisy, the bathroom miniscule, the patio dusty and the car parking space weedy. And I've stayed in many a less expensive chain motel than this. But it was fine for a night, something different.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple