“Great meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Valley
“Great meal”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The motel we stayed at across the street recommended this steakhouse. It really turned out to be one of the better places we ate at on our 10 day trip. The steak was perfect, fixed exactly like requested. Prompt service and a great wait staff. It is on the higher side of pricing but if you don't mind paying you will have a good meal if steak eating. We would eat there again if in the area.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nancy B

Portland
“A gem”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I moved to Wyoming for six months for an internship and to be with my fiance. I was a little disappointed when I was having a hard time finding a really good steak in Wyoming, of all places. People at work kept suggesting that I try the Winchester for dinner, and I am glad that they did!

Pretty low key exterior, I drove passed it several times before i finally found the place. The inside of the restaurant is very western feeling, and seems to fit the feel of the town. I love the fact that there is no TV in the restaurant, and there is a constant din of conversation. This is a GOOD sign for a steakhouse, it means people are enjoying their food enough to enjoy each other.

Steak = great
Seafood = great
bread = great

I'm back in Oregon now, and still think about driving 1200 miles to eat here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cmrscott
Des Moines, Iowa
“best shrimp in the world”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This place has been here for years. It is rated as the best in town and we were not disappointed ...we had the coconut shrimp and they are out of this world. This is not fancy but the food is terrific. Our waitress was nothing special but got the job done.

Visited August 2014
Saint Maries, Idaho
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had ribs and walleye. Both were cooked to perfection, the portions were just right. Service was fast and friendly. will eat there again.

Visited August 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Expensive”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Came here because the hotel recommended it. It was expensive! The onion soup was thick and dark. We had the Tuesday specials because they were about $15 each. Eveeything else was ovee $20 a plare. I had the shaved prime rib. The plate was full of au juice instead of having it on the side and the meat was something I could have purchased at the deli counter (cheap). It came with 2 small baby red potatoes. My husband had the "world famous pot pie". It was chicken and gravy with an odd bun. No vegetables in the pot pie, and again 2 small baby red potatoes. Overall not worth the price you pay and the food was just OK.