“Live the life of a Wyoming Rancher ~ Beautiful scenery, Well Trained Horses, Amazing People”
Review of Klondike Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Klondike Ranch
Barnard, Missouri
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My husband and I stayed with the Tass family for a week in August 2012. The Tass family allowed us into their lives to see how their ranch operates and to enjoy beautiful scenery from their horses. If you want a guest ranch where you get to be part of the family and without strict schedules, choose this one! There is plenty of delicious food. We had the opportunity to tent camp in the Bighorn Mountains and it was the highlight of our trip! All of the rides take you into beautiful and varied scenery. We greatly enjoyed our stay in an authentic cabin built in the 1920s. The hot tub and Patty's history tour are other great things from our trip. We hope to be able to visit again someday. I would love to tell more about our experience to anyone that is interested.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gapulley

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have had a dream of being a cowgirl and my week at Klondike Ranch made that a reality.
Patty, Richard, and their family are a warm, welcoming group of people who not only make you feel like part of the family, but are there to share their knowledge of local history, the workings of a cattle ranch, and their dining room table for amazing home cooked meals.
The horse I was pared with for the week, Stormy, was a great match as she was gentle and responded well to my attempts at proper commands. Throughout the week, we had the opportunity to ride around the ranch as well as in the mountains with the cattle. I have not seen anything more beautiful than the views around Klondike ranch and loved ever minute of my week there. The hardest part of my week was leaving to come back to reality.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AED01
Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week on this Ranch in June 2012 and I can honestly say it was the best holiday of our lives. My partner has ridden regularly and I had only had a couple of hours on a horse yet with over 15 horses to choose from the riding was never a problem. We could do as much or little riding as we liked and with the big horn mountains in the background the scenary was truly stunning. I wanted to experience what a real ranch was like and this fitted the bill superbly. The wrangler girls were just great and the family could not have been more welcoming. Just to top it off the three cooked meals we had a day was probably the best food I have ever had. I would love to go back one day!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alex J
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 July 2012

If you want to ride horses everyday in beautiful country, then this is the place for you. None of our group had much experience riding horses, but by the end of the week the wranglers had us moving cattle and riding like pros. The staff at Klondike could not have been nicer or more accomodating. The food was outstanding and there was plenty of it. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dusty P
San Francisco Bay Area California
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I have visited this ranch twice and dream of it every day in between and since. You just cannot get a more authentic experience than staying with this wonderful family and working with their ranch hands, cattle and horses. Don't plan you're vacation here if you're looking for spa treatments and pampering, plan it here to step into the lives of the Tass family and to find out what it means to live and work with cattle and horses under the most beautiful Wyoming sky in one of the prettiest places on earth. The cabins are rustic, clean and well supplied. The food is authentic "ranch" and served family style. It's worth every penny; memories to last a lifetime.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ereves
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 August 2011

being at klondike has been one of my best holidays i've ever had! it was so awesome: moving cows, being with wanglers and real cow-boys, and enjoying a real american live style!!! i had so much fun in being there!!! klondike is da place to be!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank fourniergaspard
Esbjerg, Denmark
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I don’t know how to describe Klondike ranch other than, the best vacation ever.
We travel all over the world and the last 4 years we have been traveling all over the States, but this time we have had the best time ever.
We didn’t know what to expect, but we were hoping for an authentic western cattle drive vacation, and it was exactly what we got.
We stayed in a cabin from the 1920’s, which was amazing and a plus for the experience.
The Tass family is a really warm and welcoming family, who really made us fell welcome. Also the younger generation who took us on the mountion doctering cattle, and one saved us in a thunderstorm. So we are grateful to every Tass family member.
We were involved in planning our days and we tried a lot of different things.
We were on different riding levels and that was not a problem, there were horses for us all.
The wrangler Sarah was fantastic and she took really good care of us. And when we weren’t riding, she and the cook Jena were really nice to show us the town.
The cook Jena made some amazing food, so You might plan to put on a few pounds while you are here. But it is well worth it.

When I have to sum op all of this, all I can say is that all of our hopes for this vacation came true.

So if You are looking for a authentic western cattle drive vacation, this is where You should go.

Room Tip: Best vacation ever!