“Great experience”
Review of Klondike Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Klondike Ranch
Reviewed 29 December 2010

My husband and I traveled to Wyoming for the first time and visited the Klondike. My husband farms, and truly wanted to experience life on the ranch as "one of the gang"...neither of us was disappointed! We loved the simple, laid back daily routine at the ranch; riding, relaxing, visiting the area sights, taking in the natural beauty of the Big Horn Mountains, camping out, and especially being treated like royalty for every meal in the ranch house with our host family. The horseback trip up the mountains provided a vantage point like none that could be experienced driving down the highway through the area. We made wonderful, life-long friends, and hated to see the week come to an end. Our hosts provided so much detail, insight, and historical perspective on ranch life in the area...an added bonus! We would highly recommend the Klondike to anyone interested in actively pursuing the great outdoors!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JMJackson

Reviewed 14 December 2010

After an incredibly busy and stressful year, a much needed vacation was in order for me. When I called to inquire about the ranch, I knew that Klondike would be exactly what I needed. I was looking for a legitimate working ranch experience – one that took in only a few guests and gave an inside view as to what it was really like to live on a ranch – and that is exactly what I got. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like family and incorporated into the daily workings of the ranch. From the exciting moments of “chasing cows” (as I call it!) to the more mundane chores of mending fences, I had the privilege of being a part of it all. The horses were gorgeous, and my horsemanship increased tremendously under the tutelage of a fantastic wrangler. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking, and the long rides gave me the time and space to just be in the moment. My cabin was private and yet still close enough to the main house to not be isolating. The meals held at the family table in the main house were true family affairs where everyone shared their stories over great home cooked meals.

I stayed with Richard and Patty for two weeks, and would have actually stayed longer had the hustle and bustle of my job not demanded that I return to my real life. There really are no words to describe their hospitality. I feel like I was adopted into their family, and I look forward to returning to the ranch again and again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank sfh628
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I had a wonderful experience at Klondike Ranch. Klondike is in the category of a "working ranch", inasmuch as the family owns and operates a cattle ranch, and allows guests to participate in these activities. The cabins are built in close proximity to the main house, so you really feel as part of the family during your stay. Richard and Patty invite the guests to eat at their family table for every meal, which makes you feel right at home.

The highlight for me was the ride up into the Bighorn Mountains for the overnight camping trip. The experience of riding into the mountains on century-old cattle trails surrounded by untouched beauty blew me away. I really felt like I had stepped back in time. Make sure to request the overnight camping trip if you go to Klondike.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CKMFOX
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Wish I could've stayed longer. These 7 days seemed to fly by so quickly. Gathered cattle, chased yearlings, attended the College Finals National Rodeo, had lunch on horseback, rode in the rain, had a delicious steak and shrimp dinner (Thanks Mike!), went to the Mint Bar, listened to western music in Buffalo, became best buddies with my horse Dusty, had the time of my life. That would kind of sum up our time at Klondike Ranch. Overall it was a relaxing and worthwhile vacation. The Tass family is warm and very hospitable. Klondike Ranch seems like a place that develops regulars with their welcoming attitude and down to earth nature. Already planning on going back next year. Thanks so much you guys!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank chiptopher
Reviewed 26 March 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Klondike Ranch on our honeymoon. Because it was spring, we did not do a cattle drive. We stayed in a cabin at the ranch every night and helped move cattle from pasture to pasture during the day. The food was hands down the best food I've had anywhere! The Tass family is so friendly and dedicated to making their guests comfortable. I can't say enough about this place. I have nothing bad to say at all. I loved the experience and can't wait to do it again someday!

• Stayed: June 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chickadee319
Reviewed 10 November 2005

I went in a group of 12 to Klondike ranch for a week. We had a brilliant time. Slept out on the mountain for 5 nights on a cattle drive. Accommodation was in a railway carrige style bunk house on the mountain and back at the ranch 3 great cabins with lovely fires. The horses were very suitable they rode well and were in good condition. The meals were unbelievable even out on the mountain. The group had riders with mixed experience but all managed well. I would totally recommend this ranch for a real feel of how the work gets done from day to day.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank CillDara1
Reviewed 12 August 2004

I stayed at Klondike Ranch in Septmeber 2003, me and two of my friend had the most amazing stay. Loved every scond of it. The Tass family, who are the oweners and have been for generations, are very welcoming and friendly, treat you as one of their own. The staff are wonderful and become friends. Would definatly reccomend this working ranch to anyone who doesn't mind mucking in and wants a true wyoming experience.

8  Thank travel1296