“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Paradise Guest Ranch
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed an adults only week Sept 2012. Beautiful place. Everyone who worked there was very nice and helpful. Food was excellent and plentiful. The saloon at the end of a hard day riding trails was so welcome. As a beginner I was given a horse named Bonanza that I had a hard time getting to move. I found the secret was to hum the Bonanza song from the TV show! It got him moving every time!

Room Tip: Views from the top cabins are awesome.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lv2gardn01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I went here in September 2006 and it was the best mix of riding and relaxing possible! Food was brilliant and there was a large choice of rides for every level of ability. There are plenty of opportunities for a flat out fast ride or traversing up/down steep hills. All day rides are well organised and you get to see plenty of wildlife.

Since then I've got married and had a little girl but I can't wait to take her on a holiday like this.

• Stayed September 2012
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Paradise was my first experience at a guest ranch. I knew the moment that I entered the property that i had chosen a good vacation spot for me and my children. The week we spent there was beyond any words for what a great experience it ended up being. EVERYONE took pride in what they were there to accomplish for their guests. Food was unbelievable and endless. Every task and adventure was detail oriented by the staff and management. Nothing was overlooked. The rides were magnificent with endless views of serenity and beauty. My children ran up to me and hugged me for bringing them here. The memories that this ranch gave me and my children will be forever embedded in our hearts and our minds. The kids program was packed with activities and met the needs of all age groups. As a single parent, I can't tell you what a great time it was for me to enjoy some adult time knowing that my children were more than happy and fulfilled during their days at the ranch in the kids program. The staff devoted so much time and energy into making sure that each child was having the time of their lives. I have since visited other guest ranches and they fell short of even coming close to offering what Paradise does. This ranch definately set the precedence to what a guest ranch really is all about.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 1234frustrated
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Paradise Ranch has been the most wonderful vacation! We have been there two years in a row and can't wait to go back! Leah and Clay are incredible hosts and the staff was beyond fabulous...the Wyoming country is amazing and Paradise is right in the middle of it..It is truly PARADISE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sherri S
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Our family visited the Paradise Ranch during August 2012. After much research and hesitation, we finally decided on Paradise Ranch and booked our stay. We could not be happier with our decision. When we arrived at the ranch entrance, we were truly in awe. The ranch is completely secluded and well maintained. The horses are beautiful and even made us novice riders appear to be experts. The views, which you will capture from your cabin or the trails, are indescribable. The staff appeared genuinely interested in making our stay enjoyable.

The children’s program at the ranch is great. There are enough activities to keep the children busy, but not too much as to take away from the family experience. Our children (ages 7 & 9) had the most amazing experience, which could never be replaced by any Disney, or tropical beach experience. The confidence and genuine appreciation for nature that they gain while at the ranch is irreplaceable. The ranch serves three meals a day, which are sufficient, and offer a variety. If you would like snacks between meals or late night, the cabins come with an equipped kitchen. We recommend bringing your own snacks/drinks, however; the ranch offers a “butler” service that will deliver items to your cabin for a fee if you choose.

This is our first ranch vacation and we hope to visit again soon. We would be reluctant to select a different ranch as I feel it would be difficult to choose a better location. The shed tears on our final day reinforced this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank VACATIONMC
Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We've visited about 1/2 dozen guest ranches so we have a fairly good basis of comparison. This is probably the most expensive guest ranch facility that we've visited but comes in about the middle of the pack with respect to amenities, customer service and safety.

We thought there was a kids program, but it was only for small children. We thought our granddaughters would get to ride out to their overnight, but they didn't. (This resulted in tears.)

The upside was the washer and dryer in our cabin, the employees were wonderful and the scenery is breath taking. We were also lucky enough to visit during a week where there were many children around the same age; as a result of this there was always someone to buddy around with.

But having said all that . . . . for the most part our granddaughters had a wonderful time and that was the reason for our visit.

If we were to repeat this trip, knowing "then what we know now" we would probably have gone to another facility we've visited in Tennessee. The TN facility has scenery just as gorgeous; it is just as remotely located with a better diversity of trails, a hair less pricey with better amenities, and safer horses. I personally did not ride after Monday, but watched a lot of other folks. Seeing a beginning child on a horse that crow-kicked day after day just wasn't my idea of a good match. Lastly, there were a couple of moments where I felt the owners could have stepped up a bit and we were kind of left dangling.

There isn't quite enough space here to describe our week at Paradise but please feel free to contact me at AnitaJRT@gmail.com. I wanted to wait a week or so to write this so that I could be fair, and I hope that this to be an accurate description of our experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a cabin away from the end where the employees' dorms are located. God love them...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank AnitaJRT
Ivrea, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We came at the ranch after a quick trip to Yellowstone. Paradise Ranch is located inside a national park facing the mountains. Our cabin was very spacious and with a beautiful view. There is no TV so you are sure you'll follow the nature rhythm. WiFi was available at the dining room so we were able to phone via Skype. As facilities there is a nice pool and hot tube to relax after riding that was always clean. The scheduled activities is very rich, they offer various kind of hiking and fishing trips. But the main actors are the horses. They provide the right horse for everyone, so both the less and the most experienced rider may have fun. We took our child of 8 years old that did not speak English at all but anyway she was able to enjoy the well organized kids program, especially the kid's rodeo that was done the last day. We especially appreciated how the crew made us feeling a family from the fist evening. The owners welcomed everyone in the saloon just the first evening, that was a great idea to have the people knowing each other before sharing experiences together. Horse riding is done to different areas that allowed us to see all the beauties of the park, among pine forests, along the rivers, up to the mountains to discover great sceneries. We can honestly suggest this ranch to those families that like nature and horses, it's not such a long travel from Italy, the closest airports are in Sheridan and Gillette, maybe Gillette is better organized. We will come back for sure as one week here was not enough!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family