“Loved it at Paradise Ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Paradise Guest Ranch
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just returned from our first trip to Paradise Ranch. We felt so welcomed and cared for, the staff makes a point to make all feel at home. Highlights of the week include beautiful and scenic trail rides, we usually rode twice a day and never repeated a trail. The food was amazing, more than I could have ever asked for or imagined. We have 2 kids, our 8 year old loved the riding program, she had lots of attention and improved her skills greatly in just one week. Our littlest one is 4 and she participated in the kids program that was very well organized and led by enthusiastic and well trained staff. Lastly, the accommodations were just right. Enough room for us all (5 adults and 2 kids), comfortable and just right. We'd go back in an instant!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Primokel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you like horses, this is your place!!! I grew up riding western at camp and visited several dude ranches with my family. When my kids were 8 and 10 I wanted them to experience the outdoor, western life. Our friends asked us to join them and we have never looked back. I cannot rave enough about the horses, wranglers, food, staff, and cabins. The horses are well maintained and well behaved. The wranglers are fantastic, and the scenery spectacular. The rides are based on level - which allows experienced riders the option to excel. New riders are kept together and well guided on how to handle their horses. The kitchen staff was beyond accommodating to the special needs of my severely allergic daughter. The family evening activities are great fun for all!! The kids make new friends from across the world and so do we! I cannot say enough about our family time here at the ranch. I cherish the time we get to spend here, and count the days until we can return. This place is perfect for families looking for a fun, free, camp experience together. I think Paradise is top notch perfection!!

Room Tip: All the cabins are great! Rustic but clean. We have stayed in three different cabins and liked them...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This truly is paradise. Whether your hanging out with the horses, or cocktails by the pool, this place is Heaven! I was lucky enough to find Paradise, and spent my week enjoying the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYWHERE!! The staff are the magic that makes the ranch a true Paradise. The scenery is amazing, they call it "God's country" for a reason. Horseback rides are the best I've ever been on, and I've been riding since I was a toddler! Even if you don't really ride, you will enjoy a relaxing atmosphere with a friendly face at every turn. The food was like eating in a 5 star restaurant in NYC. Even the cabins are spacious & comfy. Definitely a trip to put on the "MUST DO" list. I can't wait until next yr.! I had the time of my life & I can't thank Leah, Clay, and the entire staff enough!! You will feel like a million bucks every day you are there!!

Room Tip: All the cabins are great. If you have a family, I suggest the Virginian Cabin, it has a washer &...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank EricaBarkley44
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is an amazing place, nestled in a gorgeous valley outside of Buffalo...Paradise, indeed.

The owners, Clay and Leah, are just the nicest people, they run this place with ease and experience.

The number of repeat guests when I was here was unheard of. One couple had been staying every year for 30 years! This is the kind of place that does that to you.

There were guests from Sweden, France, England and all over America.

The normal stay is for one week and by the time it's up, new friendships have been cemented and people agree to come at the same time next year to catch up again.

I only stayed two nights, catching the the last night of a week-long stay and the first of the next. An interesting thing to see, strangers who had become fast friends and those who would be by the end of their week.

My 'cabin', Wagon Wheel, was a complete two story family home with full kitchen, laundry, two bedrooms sleeping four, living room with fireplace, dining room and outdoor decks. There was one full bathroom and a guest restroom.

However, there is no TV, my cell had no service and the WIFI was hit and miss. So come here ready to unplug and get out in nature.

Everything is included in the your stay: three excellent communal meals a day, horse riding, children's activities and everything you could want to do on a ranch holiday. The wranglers are all excellent with the guests, patient and educating in an easy way.

It was a brilliant experience and I would come again and spend the whole week next time.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Paradise Guest Ranch certainly deserves its name. The location is fantastic. Located in its own valley in the heart of the Bighorn National Forest, overlooking Fan Rock with the horses grazing on the open hills around you. Clay and Leah are excellent hosts and it all feels like one big family with the Wranglers and staff eating with all the guests at mealtimes. The waitstaff are brilliant and the food hits the spot. Everything moves at the pace you want it to - if you want to fish or hike (or just potter about) instead of ride then all is provided for. We chose to ride. We were a family of mixed ability in the saddle and certainly no experience of western riding but it couldn't have been easier. If we wanted lessons they were available but we decided to learn "hands on" and just jumped up and set off. The horses were fantastic and pitched absolutely right for our respective abilities (we filled out a form before we arrived outlining our experience). The Wranglers were even happy to change horses if there was a problem - my husband actually "upgraded" as his ability and confidence increased. Animal welfare is also a fundamental priority at the Ranch and we actually had our horses changed when one had thrown a shoe and bruised its foot and again when my horse also had a sore foot. All the horses were very well looked after, bright eyed and friendly and we were able to bond with them through un-tacking and post ride grooming sessions! We were very happy with our saddles but some others did change them if they were not quite right and the Wranglers were very happy to oblige. Jace and his team were very polite and accommodating. We had a daily choice of rides covering all the paces; walk, trot or lope (canter) and each ride has a maximum of 8 and is led by a very experience wrangler (sometimes with their dog tagging along). We did a ride one day with just 2 of us as our daughter (16) decided to go with another group at a faster pace. My son (12) needs a bit of extra support and everyone was so helpful and made sure he was ok in all the activities he took part in. They position the kids behind the Wrangler so they can keep an eye on them and give them hints as tips as they go along if they have a problem. Rides are timed so there is plenty of time after breakfast or after lunch to relax before getting back in the saddle. They also offer two all day rides during the week. We went on the Friday all day ride and spent a fantastic day roaming the woodlands and open hills of the Bighorn Mountains. We were able to make up our own packed lunches from a great selection so there were no complaints about what was in the sandwiches when we stopped for lunch! On the rides we saw antelope/deer, golden eagles, osprey, a snake (eating a mouse!) and were lucky enough to spot a moose (and a "moose-cow" but that is another story!).

The evening activities were well pitched for the - during our week - mainly family guests and we had sing-alongs, swing dancing, talent night and square dancing plus an evening picnic and cook out around the BBQ. The weather did affect some of the activities which would normally have involved access on horse-back (the teen camp out and the whole ranch cook out in the hills) as storms were forecast but alternatives were seamlessly arranged and everyone was happy. There was a swimming pool, hot tub, small basketball court, games room (pool/table tennis and the only TV on the Ranch - which had a wide selection of DVD's) and there were many games of "Ultimate Frisbee" and volleyball on the lawn. The saloon was also available and the hub for the evening activities. There is wifi but it is only available at two hot spots in the Ranch and is turned off during meal times (yipee!). There is no phone signal (although we did get it at the top of a hill on one of the rides!).

Dress code is casual - jeans, shirts and cowboy boots but you can dress up for the swing/square dance if you want (maybe some sparkles on the cowboy shirt for the ladies!). We chose to embrace the western dress code for riding but there were a few who were in the "english" riding attire of jodhpurs, half chaps and hard hat and may had brought a hard riding hat for their children to wear. You need to take this with you as they will not supply them. Other highlights (in the arena) included poles and barrels; team penning (cutting and hearding 3 young steers from one end of the arena to a pen at the other - avoid "The Golden Calf" he's feisty!) and the Kids Rodeo (with bonus silly games for the adults!).

As well as all of the above, the most precious things we will take away from our fantastic stay at Paradise Ranch are the memories and the fabulous friends we have made. We feel we have made friends for life with our shared experiences and the sense of being "one big family" for one of the best week's of our lives. I can see why so many guests have returned year after year to experience Paradise Ranch, and we hope to add our name to that list too.

Room Tip: The log cabins are a mix of smaller single storey 1/2 bed rooms or the larger two-storey 2 bedrooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 222DJA
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My first time visiting Paradise Ranch was in 2006, and seven years later, I'm glad to say the rides, food, and activities are still top-notch.

I'll start with the cabin. I was travelling with my family (4 including me) and the cabin left (nearly) nothing to be desired. The beds were very comfortable, the couches and deck relaxing, bathrooms always clean, and laundry machine + dryer very convenient. The only complaint I have here is the fact that at 5' 11", the shower head was a full 3 inches too short, but I noticed other bathrooms did not have this problem.

Next comes the rides. If you are a beginner/intermediate rider, the rides will exceed your expectations in length and speed. However, if you are more of an advanced rider (like myself and my family members), it might be necessary to remind (some) of the wranglers that you desire more loping, but overall the riding experience was great. My horse was very responsive, and he looked to be in great health. The terrain in and around the ranch is exceptional for diverse and interesting rides.

The food at Paradise is superb. Not only does it taste good, but it is often very healthy, it always arrives on time, and it never fails to satisfy you.

At 16 years old, I had a very good experience at the Ranch, I found a couple of friends my age and it was by far the best week of my summer, and I would definitely recommend it to all ages.

Room Tip: Cabins with more space are consistently more fun to be in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank winwawro
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Many of our friends had been to Paradise over the years. They always came back raving about how wonderful it was and that we should try it. This year we did and it was everything they said it would be and more. We have 3 boys (6,10, 12 ) and they are begging to go back. The ranch is set in Big Horn Mtns. providing just beautiful scenery and allowing for plenty for everyone to do such as riding, hiking, fishing and relaxing. The staff was wonderful and very attentive and make the experience very personal. This is a must do vacation whether you are frequent horse back rider or have never ridden it will be a trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family