“This was the trip of a lifetime!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Paradise Guest Ranch
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We visited Paradise Ranch with my extended family to celebrate our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. When they told us that we were going to a Dude Ranch, we were a little anxious because we did not know what to expect! We are city folk and had hardly been on a horse but, we found some cowboy boots and hats and drove to Wyoming. After one amazing week there, we didn't want to ever leave!

The owners, Lea and Clay, are some of the most kind and gracious people I have ever met. All of the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are having the best time ever. Our entire family was so impressed with all the staff. They are well trained and very fun to be around!

There are so many things for all ages to do at the Ranch. You can do horseback riding, fly fishing, team pennng, barrel racing, massage, hiking, steer roping, or just hanging out and relaxing! My father-in-law enjoyed two full day fishing expeditions. My 13 year old and his aunt tackled an 18 mile hike one day. My husband, 11 year old son, and I loved riding our horses. We can now lope! That was fun to learn. The staff was so great to us as we "attempted" to complete the team penning and we wound up laughing hysterically as we learned it is much harder than it looked! My teens enjoyed the Rec Room and went on many rides without us. They enjoyed hanging out with their new friends. We so loved working wth the horses. You get to ride the same horse all week and even remove the saddle and brush him down in the evenings. My youngest, 11, fell in love with his horse, Bob. He talks about him all the time!

The Ranch does an excellent job of offering special dinners for the children/teens and activities after so that the parents can have some dinners alone. We enjoyed having time to visit with our adult family for a few nights. The food is wonderful and everyone enjoyed all of it. We especially loved the gourmet night! The guests and staff become like a family and we had so much fun getting to know everyone. After dinner, we would head down to the French Creek Saloon and enjoy some dancing and fun times.

One of the things that we really loved (besides everything else) was watching the wranglers drive the horses from the pasture to the stable in the morning and back into the pasture in the evening. I can't think of anything that is more breathtaking to watch then witnesses 100+ horses running through creeks and lush grasses. I will never tire of that!

The cabin that my family stayed in was great. We had a two bedroom / two bath cabin with a small kitchen. We didn't really use it much except for coffee early in the morning. Why cook when the food is amazing and cooked for you? It had plenty of room for all of us and we loved sitting on the porch and looking out onto the amazing valley that the ranch is in. It also had a washer and dryer and with three boys that came in handy! The housekeepers were fantastic and so appreciated.

I would highly recommended Paradise Ranch. Our family relaxed, bonded, laughed, reconnected, and loved every minute of our stay. We can't wait until we can return!

1  Thank DavisKristy

Reviewed 20 July 2010

My 9 year old daughter and I just got back from our 6th consecutive visit to Paradise ranch. I cried when we left. A trip to Paradise is so much more than a vacation. It's a place which heals your soul. It's a visit to see great friends. Many (maybe most) of the guests have been to the ranch multiple times before. It's a place to curl up on the sofa with a good book in front of a big fire in the fireplace--or take a long horseback ride with friends and see spectacular scenery. It's a place where you can dance and sing and play and be free from responsibility. It's restful and peaceful. But when you are tired of that you can exhaust yourself riding, hiking, fishing, or exploring. You can spend lots of time with your family--or not! There is so much for everyone to do--alone or with others. Activities galore--great music, talent show, sing-along, cook-out, kids overnight camp- out, to name a few. It's all very classy and authentic in a western way. Chances are you will come away with some really great new friends. It's a happy place. Our trip to Paradise is the most fun we have all year. Leah, Clay, Travis and Cade along with a host of wranglers, waitstaff, housekeepers an kid-keepers will make sure you have the time of your life.

1  Thank KateLafayette_LA
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We just returned from our 5th year at Paradise. Paradise is a piece of Americana where you can reach back in time (with almost all the modern-day conveniences) and experience the "Cowboy West". Enjoy the most beautiful country you will ever see. Ride, hike, fish or just sit on your cabin porch and relax. You can let the kids run and forget about all the down-mountain headaches (no cell coverage here!). This place is perfect for the entire family: young kids, to moody teenagers, to persnickety adults. Leah, Clay and the entire staff will do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. I am convinced "no" is not in the Paradise vocabulary. We will be back again, and again, and again . . . .

Reviewed 13 July 2010

Paradise Guest Ranch…
It’s being filled up by the Big Horn Mountains.
It’s the horses. The personalized rides in every kind of setting—mountains, forests, mesas, meadows.
It’s the children’s program. Forming quick bonds with kids from all over the country. If they are not riding--it’s games on the grassy lawn and in the rec room, hiking, fishing, swimming or bottle feeding the calves. Out the door making your own fun. Not ever missing TV or technology.
It’s the fishing. The incredible rivers, creeks and lakes and the fish waiting there.
It’s making friends with wranglers and staff from all over the world who keep coming back each summer to work because they love it.
It’s making friends with people from all over the country because of the shared experiences you have. Paradise Ranch brings out the best in people. It pre-selects people who are willing to have fun. Our family keeps coming back year after year because we just can’t get enough.

1  Thank TulsaOK
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This summer was my family's second trip to Paradise Guest Ranch. It is truly one of our favorite trips and we have already booked for next summer! The staff was awesome and they were are all very accomodating. They ALL knew our names! The food at the ranch is really delicious, too. The kids' program is WONDERFUL! Each day, my younger children got to ride ponies, feed calves with huge bottles, fish at the ponds, and were free to just run around and explore the ranch with the assistants and just be KIDS! Our kids could drop in at any time, so we were able to spend plenty of time with them or enjoy a morning or afternoon ride knowing they were well taken care of. We were first drawn to the ranch for the climate and beauty of the mountains, the peace and quiet, and fly-fishing (you are free to roam or go with excellent guides). I was not a "horse" person. But, the wranglers helped me gain confidence on a horse, and with simple instruction, I have learned to love riding and can't wait for our trips there in the years to come. There are plenty of levels of rides to choose each day - if you just want a walking ride for an hour, it's available. If you want to go for 7 hours with lunch, it's available. This place has plenty of returning guests, and I was happy to see many of them again! The rustic cabins make you feel like you are "back in time" and the simplicity of it all is very appealing. The family atmosphere there is addictive and we love getting to know everyone during the meals and rides. The family that runs the ranch is SUPER special - it feels like coming home! Thank you Clay, Leah, Cade, and Travis for a wonderful trip- again!

On a side note, I did have some obligations to take care of back home every morning- they have added a "cowboy closet" with a phone you are able to use 24 hours a day. Also, WI-FI is available and I was able to use my computer at the ranch in designated areas.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

What a fantastic place in the world, This was our first visit to paradise ranch but definatly wont be our last, The staff are fantastic right through out the place, the cabins are set in the perfect place to relax amougnst the forest setting, The horses looked in great shape, If you are there when they let them out into the pastures at night is an expirence on its own, the wild life around is fantastic, you can see moose and deer grazing from your cabin, The food is perfect and plenty of it, This place is so well organized from the time you walk in to when you are heading out there is always a friendly face and relaxed fealing, Thank you so much for sharing your special place in the USA with us
Thank you Clay and Lean for a fantastic visit

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2010

This fabulous place has only improved over nearly 30 years that we have enjoyed two weeks each summer. It's a super experience for all ages and the accomodations, the activities, the food, the scenery, the staff, the lodging and entertainment are simply superb. You can swim, sauna, fish, ride, golf at a great course nearby. rest and relax in one of God's most beautiful mountain settings. Every member of my family looks forward to our two weeks at Paradise each year.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family