“Americana at its best.”
Review of Blue Gables Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Blue Gables Motel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Anderson, Indiana
“Americana at its best.”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Happened across this motel when I decided to drive through town before selection somewhere to stay for the night. I had traveled 12+ hours that day on my way to Washington. It wasn't luxury accommodations, but glad I stayed here. The room was big and the people were very friendly - even the other travelers. The rate was a little more than I expected, but I was so tired I didn't fuss. I'm glad I stayed here and if I am ever back that way will probably stay again. Way better than the box motels close to the interstate.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Great little piece of history, very clean , quite , park right at your door, chairs on your porch to enjoy the cool nights after a hot day on your motorcycle. This is not the Ritz but a very neat little place for a working couple.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We actually stumbled upon this motel because another reservation fell through... and were we ever glad. This is a really cute property. The cabins are clean and very basic but the property and owners were awesome. The grounds are well landscaped with loads of beautiful flowers. The owners are super friendly and obviously enjoy what they are doing.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Blue Gables Motel was everything the reviews said and more- the cottages were really cool looking both outside and in. I got in pretty late and the owners stayed up and were very friendly when I arrived. There is a bonfire pit near the pool and several of the guests were enjoying themselves there.

Hopefully, I will return to Blue Gables again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank luisa1071
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We were passing through Buffalo on the way from Yellowstone to Deadwood and decided to stop. We drove around most of the town, and this was the only motel that looked good - the ones in the town area looked in need of a spruce and the ones on the way to the interstate were plagued by some horrifically dusty roadworks and chain fast food outlets. The owner was a nice guy, although his wife didn't want to know us at all. We stayed in a detached cabin for what we considered was a very reasonable price. At dusk, there was a log fire lit outside for a different ambience than a regular motel.

It was suggested that there may be breakfast in the morning but other than coffee the table was bare, so we were either too early or the food was off.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 August 2009

The Blue Gables is pretty basic. I had a cabin with one rather mushy queen bed, frig, TV and A/C. It isn't the height of luxury, but I saved about $35 over a mainline hotel/motel room. The window couldn't open so I needed to leave the A/C on all night for ventilation. The owners are nice and also run a coffee shop so you can get good free coffee in the morning. Decent WiFi service.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo