“Don't miss this one.”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Lusk, WY
“Don't miss this one.”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean, very nice motel. Skip the name brands and come downtown. Walking distance to a gorgeous downtown district filled with shops and cafés. Don't miss this place. Great hospitality and great location. The owner of the establishment was kind enough to ask if I was a veteran. For this I received a discount.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JEMELLOTT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. I was surprised how well I slept being away from home. Great location, you are just a short distance from the old downtown district and the Clear Creek Trail is just a block behind the motel. Trudy is great, loaned me an iron and ironing board and didn't even give me any grief when I locked myself out of the room. I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BRM1001
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After reading the other reviews I was shocked to arrive at the Big Horn to find the carpet stained and someone else's hair on my pillow. It was late by the time I noticed the soiled pillow case, so I just didn't use that pillow. Trudy friendly and kind, and I loved her pottery. Aside from the minor issue of the pillow it is a nice little motel for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Trudy S, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
This review makes me sad. I only wish the guest would have contacted me immediately so I could have made this right for her. We really do care to do our ultimate best in cleaning and customer service. Obviously we missed this when we changed out the bedding. The only consolation I can give now are my word that every bed has clean linens every time and my sincerest apologies.
T. M.Schoonover
Owner/manager
Big Horn Motel
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

And expect to get what you pay for your expectations will be exceeded. What a lovely warm welcome we received. The room was clean and bed comfy. We had the best nights sleep of our holiday so far. Bathroom small but serviceable. Wi fi worked brilliantly which is important for us.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Slimjudith
Lewistown, Montana
Reviewed 25 July 2013

And this is certainly true in how Trudy and the Big Horn Motel leaves weary travelers. Stayed here the weekend of July 20th. Drove down after work and Trudy was nice enough to not only hold the room late but also warned me to watch out for deer in the dark! When I arrived she honored my request for a place that was a little out of the way and quiet. In the morning sat outside with Trudy and a neighbor enjoyed while enjoying a cup of coffee and sharing car buying experiences.

I think the thing I liked the most is that you immediately feel at home with Trudy. The place is nicely decorated, clean, and you are treated like a family member. Will stay here on all my journeys that take me through Eastern Wyoming!

Room Tip: Rooms 119 or 120 are separate from the rest of the facility and quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PetroliaLarueda
Phoenix
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I just stayed at this hotel and it was such a great experience that I thought I should thank them by posting a nice comment here for them. Wow! I guess that everyone else thought they were very good too because look at all these comments. Awesome.

Honestly, I was going to drive on to Sheriden where I was facing an expensive room at a motel 6, yes! even the motel 6 in Sheriden is expensive. Everything is there. But sweet little Buffalo was very affordable and I liked the owner alot.

Trudy is a nice lady and her warm personality makes all the difference. And she's an artist - so, what can you expect? Artists are the best. Clean room, friendly service and a great location. Thank you for the human connection and warmth on a long trip, it made my day much sunnier and my heart lighter on the rest of the drive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan M
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed two nights. The beds were extremely comfortable. Even the pillows were comfortable. Normally hotel pillows are flat and you need two or three to be comfortable. One pillow was enough. The room was clean and the staff was awesome. It was also reasonably priced. The location was central to the area as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family