This us the second time we've stayed at the Hampton in Buffalo WY. Situated in Johnson County (we read the guide book!), Buffalo is a charming cowboy town, small but with a strong community and traditional values. The Hampton is a reflection of the town; straightforward, friendly and welcoming.
Our room - 202 - was large with a seating area; important for a 10 day stay. The bathroom is on the small side but the wash basin is in a separate area, outside of the bathroom, which works really well. There is also a sink/fridge/microwave area that gives further flexibility.
The hotel doesn't have a bar or restaurant, in line with similar US hotels but there is a spacious breakfast area which serves as a general sitting/meeting area after the self service breakfast service closes. Breakfast itself is "American" and there is plenty of it!
The swimming pool and whirlpool bath are clean, spacious and well temperature controlled and the gym is well equipped, if a little small.
The location of the Hampton is close to a couple of restaurants and I think at least 5 fast food outlets, as well as being just off the highway. And a few minutes drive into the town.
In summary, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful creek-side location, at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains. New property opened April 2010. Exceptional staff combined with award winning cleanliness! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Buffalo
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Hotel Buffalo
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Wyoming