“An experience transformed into poetry.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The TA Guest Ranch

The TA Guest Ranch
New York City, New York
“An experience transformed into poetry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

From beginning to end, one is made to feel comfortable and at home in this authentic and historical setting. The real deal!

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank jamesmontero

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We spent three nights at the TA, and had a wonderful time. If you love horses, western skies (with the Big Horns in the backdrop!), beautifully restored historic buildings, great food, and new friends the TA is for you. We rode sure-footed horses with very helpful and friendly guides (wranglers) all over the ranch. It was the first riding three of us had ever done, but everybody loved it.

They were very flexible, and happy to accomodate our interests. We went on a tour of spectacular Crazy Woman Canyon, and also did a little fishing at the reservoir on the ranch. The food and fellowship at meal times made you feel like family. And we loved learning all we could about ranch life, and the history of Wyoming settlement and range wars in the area. Our children (9 and 12) loved it. And the whole family can't wait to go back. Thanks everybody at the TA!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Boilerfan1
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

As my mother always said "if you can't say something nice.." but in this instance I really feel like I owe others a heads up about the TA.
First, everyone at the ranch was very nice and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. But, I feel like the website over promises and the ranch doesn't deliver. Specifically some of the activities offered, Living History programs, day tours, hiking the Bighorns were never mentioned or offered. Looking back my guess is that these are activities the guest can do on their own but don't expect a list of available activities provided by the ranch.
The food was very good and I didn't miss a meal but I’m not sure I'd call it gourmet or cowboy sized portions.
The TA is located in the prairie so other than the trees around the ranch buildings you won’t see one again for miles. I should have broken out Google maps to see that it wasn’t located quite at the base of the Sawtooth Mtns. My fault - not theirs.
I won’t go back. Sorry, but for the price it just wasn’t worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Oak Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

We thought a couple of days on a ranch would be a nice way to break up a long trip west, but were not very pleased with this choice. The ranch has an interesting history and the buildings are centered around a beautiful grove of cottonwoods. We stayed in the bunkhouse where the beds were reasonably comfortable but the sitting area was not. We would have loved to enjoy some time on the porches but they were covered by dust, debris and bird droppings, making sitting there a less than pleasant activity. Breakfasts were good, but the other meals were not. My grandson had his first riding lesson there, he enjoyed it and I thought it was well done.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2004

I stayed at the TA Guest Ranch in May of 2001 and what a wonderful experience it was Barbara and Earl were fanstatic host Them and their staff treated me like Gold I enjoyed thier food Lois is a good cook I would only not recommend her if ya didnt want to get fat LOL They will show ya how to ride horses 1 on 1 and show you around the area. This was my 1st time out west and it was everything I thought it would be and then some and I will defintly go back to The Great TA Guest Ranch if the opprunity ever presnets it self for me I still remember the experince after 3 years like it was yesterday unlike some vacations ya end up foget about in just a few months. So I would recommend to you The TA Guest Ranch in the wonderful town of Buffalo Wyoming