Up In Smoke Buffalo's BBQ & Brew
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Buffalo
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Buffalo Wyoming's only organic restaurant! Serving organic BBQ with Texas style, all natural, smoked meats cooked low and slow every week. All food is made fresh everyday and it's all cooked in house for that down-home barbecue feel. We serve hand stretched artisan pizzas & offer specials every weekend. All of our menu items are gluten free and we offer gluten free sandwiches and pizza! Come in and enjoy our full service bar and our extensive single malt scotch selection. Join our Drink307 program by taking home a growler today full of 1 of our 10 Wyoming Microbrews on tap offered out of Sheridan and Tensleep, Wyoming! While you're here try out our selection of distilled spirits from around the state. Our PATIO is open in the summer and we have live music every weekend. We offer a fun, energetic place with a laid back attitude serving great food and cold beer. Can't wait to meet ya!
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Was looking for something quick on our way through- great brews, most of the food was pretty good- good sauce, the eggplant pizza and Mac and cheese were a little bland but still good. Great patio!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The restaurant was busy and we were seated in the window in another side room from the main one. It felt unused and had no atmosphere; there were a couple of other tables with diners, but we didn't feel particularly welcome.

The waitress took the order, brought the food, we ate and left and that was it - no interaction or pleasantry at all. We felt uncomfortable sitting there.

The main course was adequate, nothing special. No offer of a menu for dessert or coffee was made, so we paid and left.

I'm sure there are friendlier establishments offering good food in Buffalo - give this one a miss.

1  Thank Soozee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Many local places were closed on Monday, so we tried this place on Trip Advisor reviews. The server recommend we split the combo plate--it was huge and plenty to share. Downside, we ordered an extra side of 'garlic bread' and received two very tiny slices of very thin garlic toast--for $3.50. Other than that, Q was good and the house sauce was most flavorful. The patio was fun and filled up by 6 pm--so go early.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You won't be disappointed in your meal at UP IN SMOKE. The food is consistently good. The restaurant has a great outdoor patio, a large selection of microbrews both local and national brands and the owners and staff are very accommodating. This is a downtown Main Street Buffalo favorite for residents and visitors.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel recommended the Occidental but I felt underdressed (khakis, columbia long sleeve, hiking boots, knit hat) so I continued up to this place. It's a small bar-about 8 bar seats and maybe 4 small tables. It looked perfect. Ordered a 2 meat 2 side platter. Woman who took my order was very nice. Food came about 3 minutes later. The sausage was cold. The chicken was good but again not hot. The coleslaw was good-light on the mayo. The pinto beans were pretty weak but I was starving so I cleaned my plate-which was not difficult as it was not a lot of food. The owner (a man in his 40s) was a bit cold towards me when I first came in. I brushed it off. When he asked if I needed anything else it was clear he was hoping I would say no. Why? No clue. I was sitting their quietly eating. I replied to texts from my mom, boss, and a friend-it was on mute so no ring or buzz, I was dressed normal, and I was friendly and had made no complaints. He gave me the bill and as I started to pull out a bank card he sneered "we don't take plastic-it's cash or check and the ATM is across the street". There was no clear sign stating as such. In this day, unless I am in a rural town of a third world country I do not expect it to be cash only and if it is for there to be clear notice. He was very snooty about it. Luckily I had money. I noted-smiling and trying to be upbeat-that I would not be getting a growler then for a present for a friend (as was planned) because I had just enough for dinner. I guess he heard wrong because when he came back to slap my change on the table he gave me a beer list-said "this is the beer list" and walked away. By this point I was approaching tears. It had been a long day-12 hours of traveling and the 9th day of a work trip taking me across several states and here I was being made to feel like I was not at all welcome at this place. I sat there and finished every last sip of my water, waiting for him to smile, or ask me how the food has been, something. What I got were some sideways glances like "why is she still here", then he walked by and swiped the beer list-did not ask if I wanted to purchase a growler or not. I say there another few minutes and then got up and walked out-telling him as I did that he was rude and I would be letting people know. Still tipped, though around 18 instead of 20. I wish I had not. He does not deserve my money or my
business. I love BBQ and don't care if it's NC or Texas or wherever-I've been to 49 of 50 states multiple times and love BBQ. Period. this could have come from a fast food style joint as nothing about it was special or especially good. Minus the service issues I would give the food 3 stars-just average-but if I am ever in Buffalo again I would rather go to bed hungry then experience that mans hostile attitude.

1  Thank serval_girl