“Not fancy but I would recommend”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I price lined this motel during our cross country trip -- we arrived very late and the owner very kindly waited up for us. Additionally, when she found out that we were traveling with our little boy, she gave us a king sized bed for no additional charge so that we'd be more comfortable. The owner is extraordinarily kind and helpful -- this is obviously a family owned motel and their attitude is really what makes me recommend this place.

To be clear, this isn't a fancy motel. You will not find flat screen TVs, fancy toiletries, or coffee makers in the room. The decorations are minimal and the furnishings are dated. It's like going back to my childhood in the 70's with roadside motels in my memory. I did see that they will loan you things to make you rmore comfortable (like a coffee maker, etc) -- so, if that's important to you, there's a way. Okay, so now that I have explained that this isn't a fancy place, let me tell you its assets: you park right by the door, it's VERY CLEAN, the staff obviously caters to families/real travelers and not riffraff, and the staff/owners are on the premises. It was absolutely perfect for a night stop-over.

There was also a lovely outside pool -- but we arrived late and left early.

Overall, this was a clean and safe place to sleep with a great owner/staff -- so if that's what you want, this is a great deal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you so much for your warm and complimentary review! We do our best to make our guests happy! Thanks for the kind words and your recommendation. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising! :)

Thanks again,
Tamara

Guest Relations (and the one who checked you in!)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here spur of the moment while on a cross country road trip. Rate was cheapest in the area which is why we picked it. When we saw the hotel it wasn't exactly the nicest. However, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. She reassured us that the hotel was clean, safe, and had updated rooms. It was a perfect place to sleep. Easy in/out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to show you how we take care of our property. Your review is incredibly appreciated! Your kind comments about the staff makes me very proud of them. Please come see us again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

i didn't want to spend a grand amount for just me,and always found rode way inn clean and comfortable,m so i gave it a try.iLOVE parking and walking in the door, the room was spotless, no speck of dirt anywhere,and I had six pillows for my one head. everyone was so nice to me. i asked about a steak restaratnt. and the suggested bozeman trail rest and bar offers the best prime rib that i have eaten in 20 years....the only thing some might not like is th ac hit that is the older kind of window unit and is qute noisy, when trying to watch tv. but is great for sleeping because it drowns out all noise. i slept like a baby..coffeein office is tool go eat breakfast at hotel occidental restaurant over the little running river..also. awesome. Cheap but not scuzzy.it is super clean and neat .

Room Tip: a great place to bed down and spend the extra money on the prime rib at the bozeman or winchester r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank moosekebear
vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a "how we did" in such detail! Your comments are greatly appreciated not only by the hotel staff and management but by fellow travelers like yourself. We appreciate your business greatly and hope to see you next time you're in Buffalo.

Thank you!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The outside looks like a 60's motel however the inside has been completely updated. Very clean and nice touches. TV is new and remote a little tricky to work. Definitely would recommend this for a clean stay and good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clh140

Thank you for your review of our property! We are working very hard at maintaining the fundamental and historical aspect to the property while providing sheek improvements. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here on our way to Montana. The motel is old school, but turned out the beds were more comfortable than any chain we stayed at our whole trip. The people running the place were awesome.
The only downside was the pool was closed when we got there for repairs. It would have been nice to take a dip after the 10 hour drive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bryan R
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We are on a cross-country trip, looking for clean, reasonably priced, Mom & Pop places to stay. The Wyo was great! Clean, quaint and super comfy beds! We will stay here again if we travel this way in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank cgbeck
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I love this place. It was only a tiny bit more expensive than other places I stayed on my cross country drive but the owners are super nice, the room was clean, clean, clean and the bed was very comfy. I'm on my way home now and hoping to get a room there tomorrow night! Yes, I mapped out my trip to be able to stay there again 'on the flip flop'! They also have pet friendly rooms. Yep, I love this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo