“Road trip to Wyoming”
Review of Mansion House Inn

Mansion House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at the Mansion house during a weekend getaway in mid-April. I had a very good experience and the room was clean and comfortable. The husband and wife management/owners were very nice folks and they gave me lots of advice on tourist destinations. This hotel is a pleasant 3 block stroll from the historic downtown. I recommend this hotel for anyone who loves history and wants a good value for their money. They have several different theme rooms and I stayed in the "Hole in the wall" room. I will definitely return and try some of the other rooms.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Hole in the wall", but the Laurel Ave. looked very nice. I think I will t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed in Jul 2011. Enjoyed the beauty of the historic mansion. Stayed in the main house with our children, who thought it was very cool. They enjoyed looking into the other rooms that were vacant. Our room was comfortable, nothing fancy, but clean and cozy. Beds were "ok". Had Wifi-thank you. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! My son fell in love with the scones, as did I. The folks who owned & ran the place were delightful & very helpful with directions, and what-not. The kids enjoyed meeting and playing with the little dog that lives there as well!

Room Tip: Stay in the mansion.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jjaannee66
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Mansion House was listed as a Bed and Breakfast but is more like an econo motel. The bed was really terrible, hard and older and pillows also not great. We chose the Ella room, cute on website but faces main street so is loud, wish they would have mentioned this.
(looking in other rooms they are nicer and quieter). Bathroom very small and not a real closet. Breakfast limited as they don't have a license to cook, so it wad continental buffet style. We asked for a couple of extra pillows and were told they had none, but almost all the other rooms were vacant, would have liked them to offer a few of those. Small towels, plastic cups in cellophane, no extras like tea, snacks etc made it feel like a budget hotel. We spent over $100 for the night, not worth it and disappointing as we only had a few days of vacation to enjoy. On the positive the downstairs furnishings are pretty, friendly family esp the teen girl at the desk, but it all could be SO much more with more care. I am a fan of supporting the local businesses but would choose Holiday Inn if we pass through Buffalo again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Our first experience in a B&B!. We were given the charming downstairs bedroom with an ensuite bathroom.. This is an old historic mansion (as name implies!) It is owned by a family with everyone pitching in to help!. Desk clerk, reservations, baking and preparing breakfast, even giving advice for dining!. The teen (oops, young adults) work along with the family in the housekeepings chores. They made us feel as if we were guests in their own home, not just "lodgers". We met repeat guests, so it is a place where people do return. ( they have WiFi) I don't know anything about the motel units across the parking lot which from the outside look very 50ish motel design, so I can't review. We had a quick tour of the second floor of the main house where there is a "reading, sun room" . From what we could see the rooms looked spacious. I would call in advance to actually speak to the owners for more information since we don't know if upstairs has shared baths or ensuite. Also, our " pet "is a service dog so I also don't know if their pet policy is usually only in the motel units. . . .

Room Tip: Call in advance to see what kind of room to expect and especially if you are traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amarcorose
Reviewed 22 September 2010

If you stay here and don't mingle with the locals, Shame on You.
When we checked in, we had an opportunity to chat a while with John, the co-owner.
We never feel the need to posture and condescend as many B&B'ers do. (We were slumming it in the motel anyhow).
You can learn so much if you "just use your listening muscles".
As a result, our stay in Buffalo was way too short. John made a call and got us a sweet table at the Virginian. It was inside the old vault! Beforehand, we enjoyed drinks at the historic bar, and when we told the bartenders where we were staying, they treated us like long lost friends returning home.
We hated to go "back East" and leave all the great people we met.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelsmyth
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The average traveller these days, used to modern properties with every amenity known to man would probably recoil in horror at this type of place, but we found it charming and considerably more than "acceptable". Main house was built in early 1900s and has been beautifully refitted and restored. We stayed on the motel side, with a bathroom straight out of the '50s, but spotlessly clean, and very comfortable beds. Prices were very reasonable, and included a nice continental breakfast with homemade pastries and such. The owner and his family have obviously put a lot of effort and love into this property, and it shows.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tumbleweedColorado
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I thought this was a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place with friendly owners.

I stayed in the motel type unit beside the main mansion.
Comfortable beds, new carpet, nice washroom even though the tiles date from the 60's. It was quiet and I slept well.

The big bonus was that it was a short walking distance from the Historic Occidental Hotel which has jam nights on Thursdays. I was able to eat and stay for a few drinks at the Hotel and then walk back to my room.

If anything could improve it would be their wireless internet. It was slow and weak but this may be a product of their internet provider and not the Mansion.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo