“Very Nice”

Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very friendly staff, clean room, it is an old motel but has been revamped nicely!!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you request a room with an outside window as some of the rooms overlook (and ha...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you kind words and your patronage. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is very complete with a swimming facility and fitness center.....A great restaurant and great room service..... There is a business center; including guest computer and printing service.....There is also shipping and mail service.....We used the shuttle service to the airport; it was very prompt and on time to the airport...They all so picked us up on our return trip....If you need laundry done; there is a guest laundry...... Take the family; the kids can use the Castaway Bay Indoor Water Playland; it's just a great place to stay with all the amenities.....Bring you pet; they are welcome too.....

Room Tip: Just request what you want....
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DLewis_10
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and noticing all we try to do. I hope to meet you on your next trip through the area and plan to have many more improvements to show you in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Well its right off the highway. There are not too many restaurants walking distance from the Hotel that are any good. It does have a inside pool. Its set up for the kids. The front Desk employee was friendly. The inside seamed a little on the old side. The room was nice. The bed was confrontable(soft). The TV was old. You know the one with a big old box behind it. The picture was not good at all. Come on people get in the 21 century and get a flat screen.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank godfather101
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on your last stay in our hotel. We greatly appreciate your words and are continually working to improve our property. And yes all of our TV's are scheduled to be upgraded to larger flat panel TV's this year. I hope to be able to show you all of our improvements myself on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and son, were traveling thru WY, just outside Casper, towing a car on a dolly, the van blew a tire, on the interstate, during the middle of a snow storm, ending up in the medium. Well, I knew I had a free night with Best Western, so called and talked with Leann. I did not remember my number or password, but she was able to take care of all the details for the room for them. She went way beyond her duties. You should be proud of your employees in a role like that.....Very much impressed.........AGAIN, LEANN, THANK YOU SO VERY MICH FOR ALL YOUR HELP. By the way, son and husband, were not hurt, just two different towings needed to be done........
Again Thanks,
Tonya Flint

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya F
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Tonya,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will definitely pass them alon to LeAnn and share them with the rest of our staff. We are very happy that your son and husband are ok and we hope to see you on better circumtances during your next trip to Casper. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife, our college aged children, my in-laws and I have traveled around the world and we have always been treated with respect. We had reservations at the Ramkota for 7 days until Lee Ann, the manager during the day, screamed at my father in-law because he asked her a simple question regarding the room rates. Her inexcusable behavior was witnessed by 10 other guests at the front desk. My father in-law is the nicest gentleman you could ever know and did not deserve this woman's volatile temper. We left after just one night and transferred to a lovely hotel where we were treated with dignity and respect. I wrote a letter to the President of Best Western to let them know of this incident.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank alxs164

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay. I have worked with LeAnn for many years and in fact this is the first negative comment ever made in her direction. I can only assume that there was a miscommunication as neither her nor any of our desk staff can recall an incident but that maybe a joking tone was misperceived. In either case I again do apologize and can only hope you would visit us again on your next trip so that you may see the real Ramkota Hotel.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were driving through Wyoming in a pickup truck towing a 20 foot trailer so we needed a place with easy access of and on the Interstate, adequate parking and a restaurant on the property. We booked on line using a cell phone prior to reading the reviews. After reading some of the reviews, all negative, I thought "Oh, no, this place is going to be terrible." But upon arriving we were very pleased.. There was adequate parking for our vehicle, the staff was friendly and our room was nice. We enjoyed the snacks in the lounge and rather than go to the restaurant we decided to eat dinner there. We ordered a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich to share.. It was okay but tasted like they used left over roast beef rather than fresh meat. But then again, it wasn't Philly where the sandwiches are the best, so didn't expect it to be the same quality.. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which is very nice. Our meal and the service was great.. It was off season, and there weren't very many guests so we got great service. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! My feeling is "If you want everything like a 5 star hotel, then you should pay the price and stay in a 5 star hotel, but if you want a nice clean room with reasonable rates, then stay at a hotel that provides that service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jemts43
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your last visit to our area. We truly appreciate your kind words and your patronage. I hope to meet you on your next trip to Casper!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This place was originally a Hilton about 30 years ago. I can tell you that over the past 6 years this place was going straight into the toilet. I always had to stay there because that's where my employer always booked me. But in the last year or so this place has really turned it around. They've done a make-over on the rooms, and the front desk is no longer populated by couldn't-give-a-damn methheads. Somebody got in there and cleaned house. Good deal. The restaurant, however, needs the same scrubbing. On my last stay I ordered a breakfast meal without onions, the waitress acknowledged the same, and yet it arrived replete with onions. They pro-rated the check to make me pay for everything else but the main item with onions. I couldn't object because I ate everything else, and fair is fair. I would have sent the plate back as soon as I saw it was contrary to my order, but the only waitress in the joint disappeared after serving me and I was too hungry to go to the kitchen to find her. Never saw her again until she brought me the check. And yes, her tip was appropriate. The same manger that turned the hotel around needs to get into Remington's Restaurant and smoke some people. I know it's hard to get decent employees in Casper who don't have Patch-Trash attitudes or aren't meth-heads. But they turned the hotel around. I'm sure they can do the same with the restaurant. Oh, before I forget, the little lounge there is excellent! Great appetizers and really friendly staff. The hotel is great, the lounge is great, just go somewhere else to eat. Have breakfast at the Parkway, they're the best in Casper.

Room Tip: Have breakfast somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Dear Boykid,

Thank you for noticing the improvements we are working very hard on at our hotel. So you know we have just recently hired a new AM restaurant supervisor who has fantastic customer service skills and we are confident she will make your next eating experience much friendlier. I would love the oportunity to meet you on your next trip to our area. Thank you again for your kind words and your patronage.