“Kid friendly/Pet friendly.”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Kid friendly/Pet friendly.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent a week in this property so I think I can give a fair assessment. Please understand that this is not meant to be a negative review. The staff here was most helpful and very accommodating. The property seems to be well maintained for the most part.

If you are a family travelling with kids and or pets you will probably like it here since there are lots of both. The room did have a slight pet odor, but that is to be expected. Everything was clean and the room was comfortable. (On a side note, I have found hotels that offer smoke-free, pet-free rooms, if that is your thing. I enjoyed them). There is a kiddie pool that is strictly for kids. It's 3.6ft deep and features water-slides, basketball goals and a life-size alligator. If you have kids, they will love it.

I was travelling on business and business travelers tend to look for certain things in a hotel. I usually look for a business center. I did not see one here, but the directory says you can get copies and fax service at the desk. That is a bit out of the ordinary in this price range. Business travelers that spend a lot of time on the road also tend to look for a fitness center. Fitness center is listed twice in the directory, but there is nothing here. There is a room with two broken treadmills with "out of order" signs on them. There is also a small, old, tube TV and a water cooler in the room. I'm not sure what you could do in there...I chose to run outside in the cold. Last but not least, business travelers expect a continental breakfast. You can get it at a forty dollar a night motel. This property has a full-service restaurant. However, if you're on business, you probably don't want to wait for your order, and wait for a check. You want to grab a bagel and some coffee and head off to your morning meeting.

I do not wish to disparage this property. They treated me well. However, if you are on business, there might be better options to fit your needs.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the pool if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you thought our staff was helpful and accommodating during your stay! We work hard to train our staff to be customer service orientated. Our staff does their best to keep the hotel maintained and cleaned for our guests. We are currently in the process of a complete property renovation... something we are all very excited about! We do have a business center located in our front lobby but have big plans to redo that and make it larger/more accessible for our business guests. Our fitness center will also be moving. We have a crew working on renovating a larger room currently and our General Manager has also ordered all new equipment to fill up the room. I have no doubt that the fitness center will meet absolutely every guests need. Until then... we do have gym passes at the front desk that the guests are welcome to use at a local gym just down the street we have a membership with... and a free shuttle to take you there and pick you up if needed! While we understand that not having a free breakfast is inconvenient for some guests, we have a full service restaurant that offers more of a variety for our guests. There is also the option to order a delicious "express breakfast" for those who are in a hurry. Children do love our pool... it is a great asset to families who have been traveling all day and need a way for their children to get all that cooped up energy worn out! I do hope that you give us a second chance to prove we can meet all of your needs as a business traveler! Especially with the renovation that is happening and will be completed in 6 months. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
PNW
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Not happy for two substantial.

1st - I called to reserve a room in advance, told the girl who answered the phone that it would be my wife and I plus our small dog. She acknowledged that we had a pet and gave me the choice of a pet room with 1 or 2 beds. I chose the single bed and she quoted me the price. I agreed to the price and gave her my credit card number and told her it would be a late check-in. When I arrived I was then informed that my pet would be an additional $20. Since I had already given her my card and held the room for a late check-in I could not cancel. That was dishonest and a $20 fee for a pet is stupid expensive anyway.
2nd - The room and hotel was typical Best Western but our room was an interior room, boiling hot (estimate just under 80), no AC, and not even an outside window to try and cool it. Was told that AC had been turned off for season. My wife and I were unable to sleep due to the excessively hot room.

Take the $100 plus they charge you here and go up the street and stay a couple nights in a room that you can actually sleep in.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you were not told while making your reservation that there was a $20 pet fee. I am also sorry that you feel that this was dishonest but it is simply a cleaning charge... We are currently in the process of renovating our entire property. Something all of the staff is very excited about! I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again so that we can prove to you that you can have a wonderful stay with us! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any of your needs!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I actually never even got to stay in this hotel, but that is because when I called to reserve a room the lady was rude and seemed to have an attitude when I would ask about certain things. When we finally got around to me reserving a room over the phone, I asked the woman to hold on so I could grab my card out of my purse. When I got it, I said are you ready and she hung up on me as if I took so long to get my card. When I called back I figured, hmm...maybe my phone lost its service or something, well when I called back she was rude once again and said she hung up because she had other customers to assist. I didn't say anything, but I told her I have my card out and ready if she wants to take the numbers now if she isn't helping someone else, and once again hung up on. Finally I called back a 3rd time and talked to a different woman and she was nice, I got my room reserved and done with. When we got closer to check in time we were still about an hour away, so I thought I would call and tell them I may be a little late and if it would be ok. I called and had the same lady from before. I asked if it was ok to check in later because we weren't quite to Casper yet. She let out a hard sigh and once again, I was hung up on. I called back, once again, and had someone else to talk to and I cancelled my reservation and stood somewhere else. There is no reason she had to be rude to me especially when I was calling to let them know I was going to be a little late. So, I am rating this a 1 with TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE service.

1 Thank AT9113
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had while on the phone with our staff! I would like to try and track down exactly who it was that you had been talking with in order to take of this issue personally. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests on and off the phone. I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me directly to discuss this further at your earliest convenience! I hope that you do give us a second chance to prove to you that you will have a wonderful stay with us! Feel free to contact me directly for any reservation needs as well.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Ramkota Best Western Inn is a very friendly and comfortable place to stay. The food is good and the beds comfortable. Be careful to ask for a room not by the pool unless you like the noise of kids and splashing water. The pool is open until 10pm and it can get a little loud. I will stay there when ever I go to Casper WY.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! We have gotten in new mattresses for some of our rooms and are working on switching out the rest. Once our total property renovation is complete we will have new amenities in each room to even further satisfy our guests! I do apologize for the issue with the pool noise. I will make sure our evening staff knows to keep a closer watch on the pool to keep the noise under control! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!!

Bismarck
Reviewed 4 October 2013

After checking out of the Parkway Plaza hotel (see that review, its LONG) We contacted the BW. I was in town for business and needed a suite for 3 days to conduct meetings. At 10pm the night manager offered to tour my daughter and I around the hotel, explained about the HUGE renovation project happening, was so nice, personable and friendly. We reserved the room we chose. Ended up coming 1 night early due to the situation the the Parkway Plaza (again see that review). The room is CLEAN, LARGE, very night and very suitable for the meetings I need to hold. The manager offered to help up move into the room, it was after 10pm. Was so helpful and offered anything we could have needed. I am so glad we ended up here. Diana (night manager) is amazing. The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable and competent. I couldn't be happier! I will stay here each time I come to Casper for business of leisure. Thank you for showing me that there is STILL some customer service and places that truly appreciate their customers.

Room Tip: The suites are awesome!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that we were able to help you out to your satisfaction! We work very hard on giving each of our guests a "home away from home" experience at our property. Customer service for our guests is our number 1 priority! I will be more than pleased to let Diana and the front desk staff know of your wonderful compliment to them. All of us here at the hotel look forward to providing you with another amazing stay in the (hopefully) near future! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very pleased with quality of the Ramkota - esp. the dining room food where food quality and service were excellent. I had baked salmon for dinner and the complete hot breakfast delivered to the room in the morning. Room was immaculate, well maintained and great towels in bathroom. Only complaint was the oddity of finding my window was actually a sliding door opening into the ballroom. Fortunately nothing was scheduled for that night. Dog-friendly rooms are allocated in a wing at the back of the hotel. There is ample walking area in the back and across the street on the east side of the hotel. I like the fact that I can trust the quality of a Best Western property even sight unseen. I booked through a call to the Gold Crown Club reservation number from a rest stop on the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us! We have been making changes all over our property to better accommodate our guests. Currently, we are also in the process of renovating the entire property to update all of our amenities. Some of our dog friendly rooms are "pool side rooms" with only a door opening to the inside. I hope that you choose to stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is old, has a horrible design that means you have to walk a long distance to get to the lobby area, and doesn't offer free breakfast. It would be fine for a one night stay if you need somewhere to sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room near an exit so you don't need to carry your luggage a mile.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us more. We are currently in the process of renovating the entire property... something we are all very excited about! Unfortunately we do not offer free breakfast because we have a full service restaurant on site. If at any time you need help taking luggage to your room, we have bellman standing by who would be more than happy to help you! I hope you choose to stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!