“New-ish Hampton, could improve...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Casper
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Hotel still looks new, and is only 3 yrs old. Front desk staff was not welcoming & not personable.
Some rooms are smoking, which results in encountering smoke (that we would much prefer to avoid) in the building and at the entrances to the property. Our room was large enough & had a relatively quiet a/c unit, but had no micro & no refer. Our room had noise from people above us stomping repeatedly (over quite a period of time) above our ceiling, and TV noise from a room next to ours was annoying. Next time, we will look into staying elsewhere, maybe the nice looking Hilton Garden Inn that is directly across from this Hampton.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigTXN

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 4 nights while attending a conference at the Casper Event center (walking distance). Most hotels in the area were sold out, and the Hampton was booked solid. I was assigned a smoking room, probably a result of my booking the room through a government travel service. The Hampton could not find me a non smoking room, but removed all the bedding, including pillows and comforter, and put in "non smoking" linens. They also gave me some sort of ozone machine to remove the smoke smell that I ran when I left the room. They couldn't have been more responsive. The room was quiet and had a small fridge/microwave/sink/counter area. The wireless was definitely slow. The lobby was lovely, the breakfast had just about anything you could want - including a lot of protien choices - eggs, sausage, yogurt, peanut butter etc. Any type of bread or muffin, lots of fruit, a variety of interesting choices every day. Tons of newspapers, and a nicely appointed lobby where you could work or just read to get out of your room. The hot tub was very clean, and relaxing in the evenings. While there, don't miss the Trail Museum just up the hill - it is first class. Also Gigi's Bistro for dinner.

Room Tip: 4th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank susan_0002
Reviewed 20 September 2011

After driving through some shady neighborhoods to get to the hotel, we were pleasantly impressed with the hotel cleanliness and quality! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The kids loved the pool. When you're in town, stop by "Johnny J's Diner." We had a great one-night stay as we passed through to Yellowstone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The first time I went to the Hampton Inn in Casper I was told the room I had booked was not available and they would cover my bill at another hotel. So they sent me somewhere else, who sent me somewhere else, and eventually I got a room. However, the Hampton refused to pay the bill at the hotel they sent me to and ending up charging me $160 for the night I didn't even stay there.

I called the Hampton manager who at first refused wrongdoing but eventually conceded the point. The manager is not a "customer is always right" type of person, which I respect. He is cordial and professional but won't take abuse from you. Once he understood what happened, he refunded the charge and gave me an additional night's stay at the Hampton to use at a later dat.

I just stayed there last weekend and it is a nice hotel. The rooms are meticulously clean as is the lobby. The pool area is kind of sterile looking-- not really relaxing but it is a pool and hot tub. The pool is too small for laps but good for plunging after the hot tub. The Wifi works fairly well but is slower than is needed for any real business (on the 4th floor at least). Breakfast was just OK: ubiquitous waffle iron, cereal, danishes, bagels, some sad looking fruit, and some sad looking egg and sausage products. The breakfast staff was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bdw02c
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This motel had the most uncomfortable beds that I have ever spent a night on. Pretty much everything else in the Motel was good, but overshadowed by the poor quality of the beds. The free breakfast was OK, mostly carbohydrates, as are most free breakfasts in the USA, but did have one hot item every day. The first day it was biscuits with sausage gravy, and the second day, it was maple flavored sausage patties (which I found not flavorful).

1  Thank jboerding
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel was first class in all ways. The staff is friendly. The hotel rooms comfortable and immaculately clean. Across the street is a terrific jogging/hiking path. The pool/whirlpool area is first class --- very enjoyable stay for us!

2  Thank anonymous005
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had a very pleasant stay at the Hampton. Room was similar to what I've seen in other newer Hampton properties. . . clean and comfortable. Location was very convenient for us, as we were just passing through the area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only negative was that my daughter forgot her toothbrush, and they didn't have any on hand to replace. But the front desk clerk did look around quite a bit and apologized for not having one. Also gave us directions to a restaurant on the other end of town. Overall, a very nice stay.

2  Thank mntwinsrock