“Another great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Rigby, Idaho
“Another great hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I had no problems at all during my three-night stay at this Hampton Inn. It is a newer hotel, clean and in very good condition. The room and bed were comfortable, and breakfast was good (if you've been to a Hampton Inn recently then you know what to expect - they all serve the same breakfast items). I find that the Hampton Inn breakfast is very similar to Holiday Inn Express, but a bit higher quality. The internet was fast and free, the HDTV was nice, and there was an indoor pool and spa (I did not use them however).

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This Casper Hampton Inn is operated like all good Hampton Inn's -- very clean and good value for your money.

We had one issue with the property. We left the property one morning, came back at about 1:30 p.m. and our room was 1/2 cleaned - i.e., sheets and towels taken, duvet piled on the floor. We went to the front desk explained we had an event to attend and needed the room finished ASAP. 30 minutes later, I asked the same front desk person the status -- she said "still cleaning"....another 10 minutes later and I went to investigate -- the cleaning people just arrived at our room to clean it -- I made it clear this needed to be an immediate priority (i.e., get it done now!). Another trip to the front desk -- now I was upset and asked about the "Hampton 100% Guarantee or the night is free" -- the front desk person apologized and got on her walkie-talkie ASAP. The room was cleaned in 10 minutes (i.e. we waited a total of 50 minutes of which 40 was a waste of time -- and missing an important event).

Check out -- the same front desk person. Again apologized but said we had the "Do Not Disturb" on our door -- a flat out untruth and I told her. She said well you should have contacted the front desk if you need your room cleaned by a particular time (sure good idea - but not even consistent with the situtation). At this point I asked to the hotel to step up -- I asked not for a free night but some compensation/discount. The same front desk person took off the bill one night -- good gesture. However, I had to ask for it.

Two travel tips -- 1) I have heard too many times (now at this hotel and many others), "you had the do not disturb on your door" -- call them on it; and 2) If you are not happy at a Hampton Inn demand compliance with their written guarantee.

Room Tip: See tips in review -- as a frequent traveler, be assertive, ask for a discount when the hotel screws...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 1BlueSkyTraveler1
hgicasper, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Casper, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor with a comment on our property. We always enjoy hearing from our guests. I apologize your room was not cleaned in a timely manner. There is no excuse for this, and I am sorry you were missing out on a prior engagement. I have spoken with my housekeeping team and hopefully we have a solution that will eliminate this problem in the future. I also want to apologize that my staff didn't offer the 100% Guarantee to you versus you actually asking for it. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Olympia
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

While on my way from New Mexico, I took the advice of Tripadvisor, and reserved a room for the night via cellphone.

Reservationist easily handled my request and the room was ready upon my arrival. I had a room across from the swimming pool, next to the fitness center and it was designed for the hearing impaired...hall doorbell that activates a bright light when the button is pushed.

I was dog tired and wanted to go to bed early. However, the TV in the fitness center was blaring. I called the front desk and complained. Within 2 minutes it was handled. In another 2 minutes I was called and asked if that was satisfactory and that I could be relocated if I wanted.

The room was very clean and well appointed. The pillows were comfortable and the air conditioner was quiet and efficient.

And, despite it being Saturday evening with plenty of children in the pool, I didn't notice ANY noise from that direction.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Townsend_Flash
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I travel often for work and ALWAYS stay at Hilton hotels most often Hamptarusha usually quite pleased. The hotel itself same as all Hamptons except that when taking a shower the tub faucet wasn't connected to the wall so couldn't at first get it to turn on. The front desk clerk wrote the wrong room number on our card first the key would not let us into the room. My son went down and let the front desk clerk know and she gave him a new key, when we finally got into the room it was not what we had reserved. I called the front desk and she told us she mistakenly put us in the wrong room. I sent my son down again for another key. After checking out I left my wedding ring on the nightstand, called to find out that of course nothing had been turned in and the front desk clerk acted like I was asking something ridiculous for her to go look around the room before it was stated in again. Her reply to me was that I was more than welcome to come look myself. Why would I have checked out and still be 12 hours later be still hanging around Casper??? I have reservations with a Hampton again tonight let's hope for better but as far as the rest of my trip I will be finding another hotel chain.

• Stayed August 2012
hgicasper, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Casper, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I’m very glad you were able to get your correct room squared away and I apologize for the miscommunication between you and our front desk. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. I’ve spoken to the front desk regarding your experience when looking for your lost wedding ring. I know how upsetting that must be and I’ve reminded our staff of the great hospitality we’re known for. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again to show you what we’re really like!
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'll just trumpet what most others are saying. Stayed 1 night on a 3 week family road trip camping and hotels. This hotel stands out for many reasons, professional staff, large clean rooms,great breakfast etc, etc. We will definatly make this our home away from home next time we are up that way.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kratour
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The room were very clean! Beds were extremely comfy! Workout room had new equipment and was clean. Breakfast was yummy and went beyond the usual free breakfast that most hotels offer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kristinmomof3
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I usually stay at Courtyards but due to the local Courtyard being sold out, I tried this Hampton Inn -- wow, I'm glad I did. I haven't stayed at a Hampton Inn for several years and if this hotel is an example of where they are today, Marriott is in for some challenge.
Hotel seemed quite new; beds were firm (great!); good sized room with a sofa and a desk. Air conditioning was an individual room unit but positioned so it wasn't constantly blowing cold air at the bed.
The staff could not have been friendlier and more accommodating from the front desk to the housekeepers - smiles and a cheerful attitude reigned.
The coup de grace however was the breakfast -- omelet or waffles accompanied with grapefruit slices and the usual selection of cereals, yogurt, breads,.... All again served with a smile and in a sparkling clean dining room. I usually skip the "free" breakfasts as they are rarely worth very much but this one is excellent. Will stay there whever I pass through Casper.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple