“very poor management”

Fort Caspar Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casper
Fort Caspar Campground
Moore, Idaho
“very poor management”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I made a reservation 3-4 week in advance of my intended stay at fort casper. I have stayed there several times before and it was ok...nothing to write home about but it was convienent to the location we were visiting. When I made this reservation it was for 4-5 days to honor the birthday of my wife's 90 year old mother. I checked with them several times before showing up and they had my needs on record from previous stays and specifically asked if I wanted the same...39 ft motorhome, towing harley trailer, 50 amp service, puul thru....I said I did for sure. When I arrived they had my reservationn and checked me in....then the manager pointed me to a back in narrow slot that would leave my motor home sticking out in the roadway a bit...not to mentionn no place to park the trailer anyway near that spot. I told him what I had reserved and that I would need a pull thru...his response was this is where I put you 3 wks ago...I can refund your money if you want....I told him the reason for the visit and he had put me in a real bad spot....his only response was to say again I'll refund your money....he made no effort to look over the reservations and see if he could work something out....and we were checking in around noon...so it wasn't busy. I said I had made my reservation on his website form and he said "oh, I don't check those you're lucky you followed up with a call....he was pretty much a jerk. Would not ever recommend this campground and would not stay there again....lucky for me I was early in the day and the local KOA had one space left....they could not have be nicer people to stay with.

Room Tip: If you are an RV'r go right to the KOA @ Barr Nunn right near casper.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank trvlnsis

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 July 2012

It is a gravel parking lot with hook-ups, plus a decent laundry facility, a nice bath-house and a great location. We used it anticipating that we would just sleep there and were pleased with what we got. The area was clean, the bath house was nice, and the morning coffee was excellent. Great launching off point for a lot of great places to visit during the day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ayup Y
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This place was terrible. Had to call someone to sell us a site when we arrived at 10 pm. Sounded like we were next to a landfill, people beside us were loud, and it houses folks long-term. Would not recommend this for camping.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Don't stay here. It is a gravel parking lot with long term seasonal workers staying here. If you can stay somewhere else, do it..

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Redrubicon
always moving
Reviewed 8 August 2010

With wonderful views of the mountains, this could have been a nice campground but the owner has let the junk trailers take over. The middle of the campground is reserved for the overnighters. Really just a gravel parking lot with hookups. Few sites have picnic tables. You wouldn't want to sit outside anyway as everyone is all crammed together.
The periphery of the park is lined with old, ill kept, junk trailers with assorted junk cars and trash. Not the kind of place you would want to bring your family. It seems to be more of a work camp, poverty stricken retiree sort of campground.
Very disappointed when I visited in July. The owners have squandered an opportunity to have a very nice place.
Let the pics speak for themselves.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple