“Same Place...New Owners”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Went there tonight for the first time since the new owners took over. The inside of the restaurant still looks nice. The new owners have made a few changes but nothing drastic. We started with the steamed dumpling appetizer. It was not good. The texture was very chewy & unpleasant and if it wasn't for the dipping sauce it would have had little to no flavor. Very disappointing. However...our two entrees were fantastic! We had the Wild Pork & the Kai Sub & both were wonderful....especially the Kai Sub. That's a dish we will have trouble not ordering when we go back. It's one of those dishes you could really get hooked on! There are some items that are no longer on the menu which is kind of disappointing. We really like the sun dried beef appetizer and a few of our favorite entrees are no longer available. We are looking forward to trying the new dishes they have to offer though. This Wyoming Food Girl can still say that Lai Thai is one of the best restaurants in Casper. Sure hope their dumplings get better.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

If you have never tried this and you like Asian soup with a bit of a twist, along with being interactive, request to be seated in the back section and order the Shabu Shabu!! AMAZING!!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I am a Thai fan and Lai Thai does not disappoint. I went on a Tuesday and there was no crowd. It is a large restaurant and I felt a little alone and isolated. But the service was quick, the food good and the prices fair. I had the steak Thai salad. It worked for me.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Lai Thai is a little out of the way, but that's the only shortcoming of this place. Well, that and they didn't serve Singha beer! In the grand scheme of things, minor quibbles...
I enjoyed the chicken kapuao, nicely done with a good balance of heat and faintly sweet notes. Service was punctual and efficient, and pricing was quite reasonable for the very good quality and better than average atmosphere. Casper dining has come a long way in the past ten years, and I believe Lai Thai is at the top of the many options for Asian dining in the city.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Being used to traditional Thai restaurants, I was hesitant when I saw the upscale decor, the extensive wine collection, and the non-Thai staff. My hesitancy lingered as I perused the menu and saw many meat-based dishes. But one bite of my vegetarian yellow curry and I was sold! It was the best I've ever had. However, it was far spicier than the one chili pepper symbol on the menu suggested. I like spicy food, so I was fine with that, but if you're not a fan of spicy, you might want to ask that it be toned down.