“Botched reservation, rude staff, inadequate parking”

La Quinta Inn Casper
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed 26 May 2012

A big disappointment after a 700 mile drive. I had made reservations a month earlier and specified a handicap-accessible room or a room on the ground floor near an exit door. The room I was given was in the middle of the building, a long walk from either the front or side entrances. In addition, the way-too-small parking lot was packed with cars. I had to park in the lot of a closed restaurant next door and walk a very long distance with luggage, a large dog, and a bad knee.

The room itself was small and not well maintained. It was clean enough, but not typical of the La Quinta chain. I didn't stick around for breakfast -- I couldn't wait to get out of there. Both the evening staff person at check-in, and the morning staffer who gave me my receipt without a "thank you" or "was everything all right" looked like they didn't enjoy their jobs and couldn't be bothered with basic customer service. I won't be staying there again -- there are plenty of other choices where I feel welcome and appreciated as a customer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I would compare this hotel to the higher priced ones I have stayed in. The beds are extremely comfortable, the pillows are great, the rooms are refreshing. I would reccommend staying here to all who asked. Breakfast in the morning have a large variety of options, everything was fresh. I would have liked to stay here longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We have stayed here twice. Everything is satisfactory. The front office people are efficient but not terribly friendly. The rooms are very standard, and the complimentary breakfast is quite good, including hard-boiled eggs which you don't find everywhere, but lacking the waffle iron which has sort of become standard.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were greeted by friendly desk staff who called after a few minutes to see if everything in the room was OK. Our internet cable was missing but they had no problem giving us a replacement. Good cookies in the lobby. The breakfast room was 'closed' in the evening but we were told we could go in and get hot water to make tea. The breakfast was well stocked and had a good variety. We had expected it to be noisy because of proximity to the freeway and the trains but we had no noise at all.The parking is all out front so you should try for a room on the back. Shortly after we got home La Quinta emailed us a survey so they appear to be striving to be a good hotel. I thought it was good value and a convenient location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I had the pleasure of working in Casper for nine weeks. During my time here I stayed at the La Quinta inn. The service I received was top notch from Vanessa at the counter to Rusty and Theresa the managers.
If you have to stay in Casper stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Clean, nice rooms. Would stay here again. Breakfast was good and had a good variety of food. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Casper hotels
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 21 in Casper
Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center
Best Western Plus Casper Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Casper
Hilton Garden Inn Casper
Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25

Been to La Quinta Inn Casper? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Casper

Address: 400 W F St, Casper, WY 82601-1329
Region: United States > Wyoming > Casper
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Price Range: £56 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn Casper 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Quinta Inn Casper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Casper Hotel Casper