“Unsafe and Scary Place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Casper B&B and Inns
Western USA
“Unsafe and Scary Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stay in a lot of low rent motels because I pay for my own lodging with my job. I am Ok with things that don't quite work and carpet with small stains on them etc.

That being said, I went to 1st Interstate right behind the McDonalds in Casper and left scared for my safety 15 minutes later.

I tried to check in and the young woman could not find a key to my room for about 10 minutes. They use old fashioned keys. Finally she gave up and called the maintenance man and told me that he would open the door for me. (Really? So I would not have my own key?)

When I told her that was not acceptable, she found another room and gave me the key. I drove over to the room, parked my car getting ready to unpack and something told me to knock on the door, which I did. When a half naked man answered, I wasn't completely surprised. I told him that the office rented me this room for tonight. He said he checked in earlier that day for a week and the same thing happened to him.

I walked back to the desk, left them my key, told them what happened and left this hotel.

The weird thing is that they never asked me to fill out a guest card or took any kind of payment from me. I would have paid them the next day but was grateful that I did not have to fight them for a refund.

This was the worst organized motel I have ever been to. It appears to me that there are a lot of long term residents and between them and the disorganization I would not feel safe to stay here. I am so strong in my opinion on this motel that I had tripadvisor.com find this motel so that I could review it.

I never did see a room so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank JRC417
, Owner at 1st Interstate Motel, responded to this review, 22 March 2017
Dear JRC417,

It brakes my heart to read this. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I do not know who this young lady was that you had dealt with so long ago, but please know that we have a better system going now with better people working here. We are currently remodeling our rooms so we would like for you to gives us the opportunity in the future to give you a better experience.

Taran

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Families