“trip I don't adviser”

Ranked #3 of 4 Casper B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado, United States
“trip I don't adviser”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

every hotel in casper and around was full for 100 miles some rodeo in town. I travel for a living but never a hotel had it this bad not even in my car. So it cost me 129 dollars. Went into my first room barely got our stuff unloaded then this guy pops by to tell us that the toilet was broken and we had to move to another room. loaded my stuff again then was told that room was already spoken for thank god because it had i fowl smell and not just the smoke! Well by the time we settled in wife wanted a fan since they were still cleaning rooms at 8pm thought I would ask. We will get back to you.Never happened! To top it off big mistake leaving my dogs food in his bowl on the floor because it got invaded by ants. Couldn't call the front desk phones didn't work! Please don't even think about this place for one second. So were stuck like chuck and up all night hoping my dog at least gets some rest tonight. I hope other people read this and don't make the huge mistake we made by staying at 1st interstate casper behind micky D's

Room Tip: ask to see it and check out reviews online before making a wrong decision
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank James V
Dear James V,

It brakes my heart to read this. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I do not know who you had dealt with so long ago, but please know that we have a better system going now with better people working here. We are currently remodeling our rooms so we would like for you to gives us the opportunity in the future to give you a better experience.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This place is a hell hole. The laundry service and the wi-fi did not work. Our bathroom door did not shut. The housekeeper warned us of an ant problem. We were not allowed the key to our room's deadbolt, the manager promised break-ins were impossible. I broke into my own room with a debit card in under a minute to prove her wrong. She said the only people who break into rooms are staff members!!! We witnessed several drug deals in the few days we stayed there.
These people are unprofessional and I would only reccomend this place to people I dislike.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mac1157
Dear Mac1157,

It brakes my heart to read this. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I do not know who this housekeeper and manager were that you had dealt with so long ago, but please know that we have better people working here. We are currently remodeling our rooms and soon the rest of the property, so we would like for you to gives us the opportunity in the future to give you a better experience.

Taran

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My crew and I get paid a fixed per diem so we look for the least expensive Motels. I've stayed in some pretty rundown places but this was by far the most awful place I've ever seen. Black mold in the shower. Holes in the towels and sheets and cracked windows. One of my crew mates keys opened all the doors and he had to use it on my door twice as my key didn't always work. Beware!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Hotelveteran06
Dear Hotelveteran06,

It brakes my heart to read this. I am so very sorry that this happened to you so long ago, but please know that we have a better system going now with better people working here. We are currently remodeling our rooms so we would like for you to gives us the opportunity in the future to give you a better experience.

Western USA
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stay in a lot of low rent motels because I pay for my own lodging with my job. I am Ok with things that don't quite work and carpet with small stains on them etc.

That being said, I went to 1st Interstate right behind the McDonalds in Casper and left scared for my safety 15 minutes later.

I tried to check in and the young woman could not find a key to my room for about 10 minutes. They use old fashioned keys. Finally she gave up and called the maintenance man and told me that he would open the door for me. (Really? So I would not have my own key?)

When I told her that was not acceptable, she found another room and gave me the key. I drove over to the room, parked my car getting ready to unpack and something told me to knock on the door, which I did. When a half naked man answered, I wasn't completely surprised. I told him that the office rented me this room for tonight. He said he checked in earlier that day for a week and the same thing happened to him.

I walked back to the desk, left them my key, told them what happened and left this hotel.

The weird thing is that they never asked me to fill out a guest card or took any kind of payment from me. I would have paid them the next day but was grateful that I did not have to fight them for a refund.

This was the worst organized motel I have ever been to. It appears to me that there are a lot of long term residents and between them and the disorganization I would not feel safe to stay here. I am so strong in my opinion on this motel that I had tripadvisor.com find this motel so that I could review it.

I never did see a room so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank JRC417
Dear JRC417,

It brakes my heart to read this. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I do not know who this young lady was that you had dealt with so long ago, but please know that we have a better system going now with better people working here. We are currently remodeling our rooms so we would like for you to gives us the opportunity in the future to give you a better experience.

Taran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casper
Candlewood Suites Casper
Courtyard Casper
#6 of 21 in Casper
Hampton Inn & Suites Casper
Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre

Been to 1st Interstate Motel? Share your experiences!