“Bait and switch”

Motel 6 Casper
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Casper
“Bait and switch”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have a computer printout from Motel 6.com with a quote of $55.95 for one night. When we arrived, after showing them the reservation, they said the charge would be $64.95. Said we should have called them directly to make the reservation. We have always used Motel 6.com and probably stay 10 days a year with them; first time this has ever happened. Clerk said to take it or leave it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KatieRalph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Murray, Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for a few nights for a weekend event. The price / value was incredible. For a weekend stay it was just under $100. My room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Check-in was painless and easy. The bathroom worked great and the air temperature was comfortable as well. The motel is also close to the freeway and major attractions (including the Casper Events Center).

Sadly, though, I slept very poorly. There just seemed to be a lot of riff raff in and around the motel which made it difficult to sleep. Either it was some bozos gunning their diesel engine trucks for half the night (and subsequently peeling out) or loud music that lasted until midnight. Granted management was pretty attentive to the noise problem when I complained but they really need a security guard making sure people are behaving and not disrupting other guests' sleep without having to call the front desk.

Despite the awesome price, I wouldn't stay here again. I slept so poorly because of the other noisy guests that I left rather frustrated and cranky.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Saint Cloud
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The bedspread had stains all over it and we kept feeling like we were getting bit all night. We woke up without any welts but we are thinking they were mites in the bedding. There was sunflower seeds behind the bathroom door and on the bedspread which is a tell-tale sign that cleaning isn't top notch. You get what you pay for and we got a few hours of sleep before we hit the road again. We were on the opposite side of the hotel away from the highway and it was quiet. No problems with loud people or cars. We had a room on the second level as well so no creaking of the floor above it. The room served it's purpose (a place to sleep for the night).

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was supposed to be driving from Bozeman to Laramie but a snow storm stopped me before I could make it to Laramie. I stopped for Casper and spent at night here. You get exactly what you pay for - and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's an inexpensive nights stay. A smaller room but comfortable enough for a single nights stay. The showers are warm, the room was clean, everything was stocked, and the tv worked. When I was checking out the next morning I let the front desk know that the lock on the dorr of my room kept sticking - which was okay if you are in the room and can lock from the inside. Immediately the girl called the handyman and it was being fixed. I appreciate that in an establishment!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

While moving Daughter from MT to Laramie... decided to stop dealing with black ice for the night... but had three folks... 2 dogs... and two trucks/uhaul... stuffed to the gills... Motel 6 was the cheapest that would take dogs. 2 beds... non - smoking = $60. Motel room was 200° and wouldn't decrease... so turned off the unit and opened the windows and after a few hours wasn't bad... let the cool air AND the parking lot noise in... BUT THE BEDS/ROOM WE'RE CLEAN... Shower was welcomed...and Misty at the front desk was kind. It was $60... not bad

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bdmillerfs
Powell, Wyoming
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed here many. many times in the past. Whenever I have had appointments with the doctors in Casper, I have always stayed here. Sadly I will never again. In past experiences, the motel has always been great. The only great thing about this time was the front desk clerk was fairly nice.
Now on to the problems. I have always stayed on a different end of the hotel. This time however I was on the end of the motel facing the interstate. Now this would not have been a bad thing if the road noise was not able to be heard through the door. I think there was a major problem with the sealing of the door. A gap could be seen along the entire length of the door even with the dead bolt in place. If I pressed against the door it sealed the light around the door and the road noise ceased. This alone would not have been a bad thing. I figured that I could sleep in the bed furthest from the door and everything would be ok. Boy was I wrong.
The bedspreads looked like some small dog had been on them with slightly muddy feet and not been cleaned. I pulled off the bedspread and figured that it would be fine. Once again I was wrong. I did not realize until later in the night that the heat in the room did not work. So I was freezing all night. I was tempted to pull the covers off the second bed but knew I would get charged for a second person in the room. I also did not want to have to get out of my pjs to go down to the desk to request more blankets. So I just dealt with being cold.
Now back to the noise. Since the door did not quite seal I was able to hear conversations outside. So there were drunks that were very loud at two am and then a family getting on the road being very loud at about 4. So once again I got a horrible night of sleep.
This ALL would have been ok... if there had been hot water in the morning to take a shower. Sadly after trying unsuccessfully to sleep all night all I wanted was a hot shower. But I was dissapointed. I called down to the front desk to see what was going on and was met with someone who did not care about my plight and said that the repairman was coming and would be there later. I explained that I had a conference to attend. I was never even offered a partial refund which would have made me at least ok with no shower. The manager was not even called in to deal with unhappy customers before their shift was set to start. Furthermore, when I was checking in the couple ahead of me was complaining about a lack of hot water in their room, so the hot water problem did not happen overnight and could have been delt with FAAAR before the morning.
There needs to be some major changes that happen here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank breeannw

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I spent one night here as we travelled from Cody to Denver. We stayed here because it was convenient to the route we were taking and the price was right.

Our expectations were more than met. The room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom and sink area had clearly been remodeled recently. It was very nice. There were plenty of towels and the room was nicely appointed. The room was a nice size with a queen bed and a table. The bed was comfortable and our stay was quiet. In the morning there is coffee available (at no additional charge) at the check -in area. There is absolutely no reason not to stay here if you are passing through the area and would like a clean, quiet place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple