“Hell no” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Casper
“Hell no”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Good deal for a working man? Yeah right. The manager banged on my door at 10 am remind you it was two days early. Sounded like the cops. Opened my door he told me I had ten minutes to leave that this room was reserved. I had payed 230.00 for a week. Which was a good deal, but 2 days early to check out when I wanted my two days refunded he would not give them to me. The maids all look like crackheads which I only saw one the whole time I stayed. I didn't get the proper maid service. My room was not vacuumed once I received clean towels once. And when I went into the office to ask for towels I obviously was bothering them. The parking lot looks very dirty and yea all of the cars look broke down. The only reason I did choose to stay in the first place was because everywhere else I went to either didn't have week rate or was full. NO REFUNDS is put up for a reason and not the right reason.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank Tony S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I found thr Royal Inn to be a place to put your head down,it is not a place for your kid's find another place. The owner has so many automobiles that there is no place to park after the evening comes but on the street. For the working man it is a good deal! your safety is not a issue.

Room Tip: Find a differnt place
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank legwarmer

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Scottsbluff, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Do not stay in this motel! Ok, we were driving home for Christmas, and needed to stop for the night. The first warning, should have been the large sign in the window "absolutely no refunds". When we got to our room, all i can say is WOW. Not only was it extremely dirty, it hadn't been updated (furniture, paint, carpet) in at least 20 years. Now, i wouldn't mind if the only problem was that the room was outdated, but there was the issue of cleanliness. Carpet dirty, linens dirty (unknown stains), comforter dirty (unknown stains), hell even the pillow cases were stained!. In hindsight, i would have rather fell asleep at the wheel than stayed in that room!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank pwilliams84
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

Safe Parking, well lit, owner managed and maintained, The linens were clean, the carpet vacuumed, the room clean, bathroom clean. I stayed here for a modest rate about 50% of what is charged at other hotels in town. Older construction and 1960s era. Supply your own shampoo or buy it nearby. I expect fancy furnishings when I pay $50+ more a night at an upscale hotel.
I stayed here repeatedly in 2009 and will stay again if same management.
All guests given option to check out room before paying to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelCAB
casper wy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

I can not think of one good thing to say about this hotel. The wall are very thin, you can here the water running and squeling in the rooms next door. I stayed 10 days, and saw the maid 1 time. My sheets were never chnaged, and it is in the worst end of town, If you stay there, be sure to lock the doors!!! I recieved clean towels one time in ten days. I had to go buy my own toliet paper as the maid was no where to be seen. The internet worked 5 out of the ten days. The TV and other things in the room, had plugs that were taped together, and pluged in. I thought the place would catch fire, before I left. I checked out early, and had paid an additonal 2 weeks, which added up to 500.00, and guess how much of a refund i got? Zero! thats right they got 500.00 after I left and refused to refund my money as the room was not clean. Well, when the maid never shows up, its difficult for it to be celan.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank timepassagescasperwy
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2006

I stayed over the New Year's weekend and found the room I stayed in to be above average for the price and amenities in ANY motel I've stayed in the last 20 years.

This motel was built back in the 60s so be prepared for the thin walls in the rooms next door (if occupied) but everyone is very quiet and the only thing you hear after 11:30 pm is the wind. The motel is run by a small family that lives onsite and does its own upkeep. The amenities were worth more the price I paid for the night ($35.00 including taxes with AAA card) and I was surprised they charged such low rates.

Best of all - Kleenex tissue, Charmin toilet paper, pets are allowed, a sitting area with 2 chairs and a small dining table IN ADDITION to the normal fixtures found at motels (alarm clock, packages soaps, towels, cable TV). The small pool is drained during the winter but there is very reasonable parking. Vehicles with trailers are okay and I'm sure it's possible to park semi's on the street. Other amenities that are sad but better than some places I've been in and paid 2x's this motels price - is the wall heater and wall a/c. Both work adequately to warm/cool the room in a reasonable amount of time. The rooms are as clean as most motels/hotels and check out is 11:00 a.m. Royal Inn offers pay per use internet access and faxing but there are use restrictions due to the limited number of phone lines at the property (ther are 3 lines). Other information is conveniently listed on a double sided laminated page.

Although in walking distance to the library and the downtown movie theatres, the motel is located in a mostly industrial area. To give you an idea of the surrounding neighborhood includes several blocks of small family homes (no cars on blocks), a church mission, and a couple of other motels down the street further away from downtown. Other than your usual self protection, you shouldn't have any fear ladies about walking from the last movie back to the motel.

Don't get me wrong there were problems - the deadbolts don't lock (the doors are offline) and I pushed all the furniture I could move to block it (annoying). Make sure the doorknob is locked and catches properly (give it a couple of pulls) or you'll get a surprise when the wind blows it open a few minutes later. The battery in the fire alarm died in the middle of the night so it beeped until I pulled it out by standing on one of the chairs.

Overall, bring an extra 9V battery, a heavy duty door stop and at $35 bucks a night you're getting a deal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2005

Well, I guess the only positive remark I can make about this hotel (where we stayed because it was the only place in town that had vacancy due to a statewide teacher's conference) is that it makes for good story telling.

We were tired of driving and wanted to catch the presidential debate on TV last fall so we decided not to continue driving. It is a cheap alternative to some other hotels, but as you know, you get what you pay for. The owner was implementing wireless internet access while we were staying there, which was nice.

The location is actually quite near the center of Casper (not that anything within the city limits is especially far from the center), yet it is in one of the worst looking neighborhoods of Casper. It is the kind of place where you wish you brought your own sheets, or better yet, an air mattress. And maybe some extra locks for the door as well.

• Stayed October 2004