National 9 Inn Casper Showboat Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Inn(Casper)
Topper Motel(Casper)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesmorning girlcinder blocka great stayroom was cleanolder hotelnonsmoking roomroad noisestaff was friendlykathrynjordanmicrowaveprotein
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2009

After checking around Casper I settled on the National 9 Inn. I had no problems and the front desk staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was better than most. It is an older property but its clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 September 2008

I was in Casper for a soccer tournament with my 11 year old son. If I would not have had a touch of a stomach flu when I checked in, I would have immediately checked out, but I was too sick to deal with it. The front desk staff was pleasant enough, the bed was comfortable enough, and having the continental breakfast was nice, but that is where the good stuff ends. There was a cigarette butt bucket propping open the outside door next to our room. There are cigarette burns in the carpeting (this was a non-smoking room). The toilet was not even securely bolted to the floor! It was a balancing act to use the bathroom. The shower curtain was torn and there was mildew and dirt in the corners of the shower. There is no outlet anywhere near the bathroom, I had to use a power strip behind the tv under the credenza to dry my hair. (Bring your own iron and blowdryer because the rooms don't have them). There were no tissues in the tissue dispenser, so toilet paper is what is used to blow your nose. The fabric surrounding the box springs on the beds was horribly stained and only made me wonder how many pets must've lifted their leg against the frame of the bed. There was exposed plumbing piping with dangling pieces of tape going all the way around our room. The walls were 1970's mobile home style paneling on one side and painted cinder blocks on the other two walls (like a prison cell). This all sounds like an exageration, but this is the honest truth! The heater was so rusted and damaged looking that my son did not want to even lay his soccer socks on it to dry them out. I have never paid so much money to stay in such a questionable establishment. I left management a letter requesting even a partial credit on my card. I even had to go to the front desk and ask for paper because the desk in the room had no paper, pens, etc.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KeepersMom4
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We stayed at the Showboat on our way back home from Yellowstone and Salt Lake City during our honeymoon. We weren't looking for anything fancy, just a nice, clean place to sleep. We didn't get any of the above. As we walked into the motel the first thing we noticed was how old the fixtures and carpeting was. The clerk who checked us in was nice. When we entered the hallway to our room we noticed how dirty the floor was. We thought it was odd that it wasn't carpeted. Our room left much to be desired and we even considered leaving, but since we couldn't get our money back from Priceline we stuck it out. Our room was carpeted, but it might as well have not been with how old and nasty it was. Walking barefoot was out of the question. The towels were smelly and the bed wasn't comfortable. In the morning we had continental breakfast which tasted good, but was very simple. We expressed our concerns to the front desk upon check-out, but they were simply ignored and we were told to have a nice day. I wouldn't stay at the showboat again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZEB E
Reviewed 21 August 2006

don't stay here unless your a hunter or a rigger. not made for the weak at heart, dirty, smelly, had a non smoking room that I think someone just put the sign on the door when I had paid for the room. Poor restaurant selection, but coffee and breakfast was good, would I stay there again? In a pinch maybe. 70.00 us. 80.00 cdn.

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank donco
Reviewed 29 July 2006

The reservation I made was for a 2 queen size bed standard room and was booked for a single bed. I had my 25-year-old son with me and so we returned to the front desk and the clerk was checking in an oil field worker "representative" of a group who were sitting in the parking lot drinking (right outside the office door) when we first drove up. From the sounds of it she was about to book the last 2-bed room so I interrupted as I had already paid after making a reservation through hotels(-). I told her that if she is giving away the last 2 -bed room I needed it and that it was what I had reserved and paid for but was glad to wait. I was soon after solicited for sex by that man, right in front of my son and the clerk - who did nothing.

Then when we finally got a room we had to walk completely to the end of a very dark room to find a light that would turn on. Out of 4 lights, 2 worked. Neither of the bedside lamps worked so in order to have light there I moved a desk out from the wall a short distance and found a cluster of wires that would be an electrician's nightmare - there was a 9-outlet outlet extender plugged into the regular outlet (not secured as it was wobbly & the light I was going to unplug, the tV, and the refrig that was also plugged into the same outlet, all were flickering off and on while I was moving the desk). I first tried taking the light bulb out of that lamp and put it in the bedside unit, and it still did not work.

Strike #1 - 2 electrical units not working. (The light switch inside the room was taped in an "on" position with a note to keep it in the 'on" position.). Maid should have reported it.

Strike #2 - I do NOT appreciate being solicited in the lobby of a motel while I am obviously checking in - or at any other time - during that visit. And the clerk HAD to know they were out there drinking as the man inside was very drunk.

Strike #3 - A 9-outlet plug-in, unsecured and wobbly, with everything in the room that was electrical and operated except one light and the bathroom light, plugged into it. (I hope the picture I post comes out - I had already removed the lamp from the cluster.

Strike #4 - I needed an elevator (disability & handling luggage - thankfully son was with me to take care of that) and I was told there was no elevator. (And no bars in the bathroom for safety, and the "grip strips" on the bottom of the tub were quite worn out.

Strike #5 - There was not so much as a clock in the room, let alone an alarm clock. And I was unable to get hold of the clerk to ask for a wake-up call before falling asleep.

DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED and intend to request my money back.

Stayed: June 2006