“The Goose is Cooked”

Goose Egg Inn
Ranked #108 of 179 Restaurants in Casper
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went out wit friends Friday night. Arrived only two others eating and our group of four was I guess it for the evening.

The wine selection was suspect as it he only wine they had came out of a box. The mixed drink I had you could hardly taste the liquor.

It was chilly in the dining room. The fireplace was not on I guess to save money.

The meal itself was kind of a joke. My deep fried shrimp were rubbery. I think they nuked my baked potato as it was not thoroughly cooked. My wife got three teaspoons of masked potatoes and gravy with her dinner.

We asked for coffee and had to wait while they brewed a pot. My wife said it was bitter.

We me an my wife did not say anything about the experience or lack there of as we were guests of one of the others with us

The service was ok. But for what was paid the meal the quality did not meet the price.

Back in the day we had pretty good experiences there. People rave about fried chicken night.

Is the Goose a Egg Inn a one trick pony or has it lost its luster.

My wife and zi will not darken their door again.

1  Thank Gary D

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Longtime locals rave about the Goosegg Inn but have been there in many years. The wife and I tried it out for Valentines Day expecting a quaint romantic old fashoned dinner. The setting is quaint alright, but the service was poor. Drinks were served in a 6 oz glass and refills were so slow in coming. My dinner was served 3o minutes after my wife received hers. Perhaps there's a reason locals remember it fondly but don't frequent the place.

2  Thank zerofog
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I selected this restaurant as it was locally owned but other than that I knew nothing about it. It was a wet, rainy evening and I arrived forty five minutes before they opened for dinner just as the waitress who happened to be the great granddaughter of the owner arrived. She invited me in out of the cold and set a table for me next to the fireplace (which seemed to burn pellets ) where I could get warm. I enjoyed the ambience with the moosehead above the fireplace, cloth napkins and floral draperies. A relish tray with homemade ranch dressing started the meal then came homemade biscuits so fresh from the oven I had to wait for them to cool before spreading the REAL butter and honey that came with. The ribeye steak was done to perfection and was accompanied by real mashed potatoes. Portions were so large I took part of the steak and ordered a piece of homemade chocolate cake to take back to the motel. Everything was just great-service, food, prices,and the "Out West" feel of the restaurant.

1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Our AAA tour book made this place sound really special. Maybe our expectations were raised a bit too high, but we were not that impressed. They were out of filet mignon the night we were there, but based on the quality of the steak I suspect it would be similar quality. Outback Steakhouses have better steaks. The people who work there sort of make the place. They are very friendly and seem like they have been there forever. But, when you an out-of-townee this really does not add much to the experience. I cannot bring myself to recommend this place unless you have run out of other places to go.

3  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is down home, and western food and for Casper... about as good as "times gone by" can get. Wed. nights they have all you can eat fried chicken. If its western hospitality you want, and great food you crave, you'll appreciate The Goose Egg Inn.

3  Thank TSR01

Been to Goose Egg Inn? Share your experiences!