“Extreme Good & Bad Experiences”
Review of Courtyard Casper

Courtyard Casper
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed there overnight on the way to Montana. We had a really bad experience with one of the staff, Jake. When we made reservation online, we requested to have high floor unit since we are light sleepers and have hard time sleep if there are too many noises up-stair. Jake told us that he only had the second floor available or we would have to wait for a few minutes to get a high floor unit. So we waited for 15 minutes. Then he came to us and told us that we had to wait for a bit longer, we had no problem with it. But Jake left. Half an hour later, nobody came to us, so we went and checked. Nobody knew what was going on and it turned out that Jake put in the computer that we were having a second floor unit, which means that we waited for 45 minutes for nothing. Needless to way, we were not happy at all and we finally settled for 3rd floor unit. Sure enough, there were kids running on the hall way on 4th floor....

However, the girl who helped us, named Sommer, was trying very hard to make us happy. She helped us move in the third floor and was making the bed herself so we did not need to wait any longer . She also offered us free breakfasts the next morning, usually cost arms and legs, and we did appreciate that.

What really made us mad was that when we checked out the next day, I talked to Jake, and he persisted that he told us that we would be on the second floor, which made no sense. When I complained that he took off without letting anybody know what was going on, he stated that he had to be off or he would be written up. That made me wonder why the Marriott even kept him.

Enough about the bad staff, there are good staff there as well. Besides Sommer who I previously mentioned, Hope, who was working in the breakfast area, was absolutely wonderful. She was pleasant and very responsive, and treated everybody with respect. She made sure that everything was going well for us.

As far as the room, it was OK. The refrigerator was a "super mini" refrigerator, about half-size of the regular mini frige. You can only put in two 8X12 containers and that would be it. There's only one mug for the coffee maker so my husband and I had to share it. The bed was not very comfortable. The shower, however, was pretty nice.

I have a mixed feeling about this place and I would probably stay at Holiday Inn next door if I ever go this way again. One bad staff just ruined everything.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get Jake or you won't get what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

I thank you for your review and I am very sorry that the experience that you had during your stay with us was anything but fantastic. I will be speaking with Jake about this situation, as I am a bit perplexed as to why your request for a high floor was not properly addressed. We assist guests with small requests such as this on a daily basis and there is no reason that this shouldn't have been taken care of for you.
I am thrilled that the ladies were able to take better care of you. Providing exceptional service to our guests is very important to us, and I am very sorry that your experience was not proof of this.
Again, I thank you for your review, as it is very important for me to hear about our guest's experiences.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We spent one night at the Courtyard in Casper before vacationing in Wyoming. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. After spending most of the day on planes or in airports the Courtyard was a good stop to rest before driving to our next destination.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you were able to relax at our hotel after a long day of travel. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the staff. It always makes us feel good to know that we have helped our guests enjoy their travel experience!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Big mistake. Helping daughter out with government paperwork. She needs a place to study and write a term paper and a good night's sleep before dealing with Uncle Sam. No Hyatt in town so go with quality brand name.

Beautiful hotel, great facilities, excellent room - only one really big problem. I should have walked out but my East Coast brain didn't pick up on it until I was lying on the bed decompressing following a three hour drive. Asked for best rate available at check in. Quoted $179. Ask AAA and get quoted $169. Too tired. Ask for upper floor and room away from elevators. She says OK, gives me keys and says "we are not very full tonight so if you want to change rooms just let me know". If the place is empty why am I paying full rate? Too tired to argue. But not happy.

Room Tip: South side (away from Interstate), away from elevators, upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MCM92101
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a nice stay at the Courtyard with the family. It was quiet, clean and exactly what we needed for our one night stay in Casper. The only thing that would have made it better was free breakfast. The restaurant in the hotel had an OK breakfast that cost $16.70 (2 adults- kids ate for free) but the tables were not child friendly, they had nice water glasses, coffee mugs, etc. already on the tables so it was hard to bring a high chair up to the table. Just an observation: There seemed to be a lot of business travelers staying at the hotel. We would stay as a family again but I would skip the breakfast and eat somewhere else. I love that they have Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies at the front desk!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for training the rooms were very relaxing! The breakfast was good but it's not free! The rate was 99.00 not sure if it was a group rate or what. I really didnt check out the pool or hot tub. Nice and peaceful stay and safe area. Close to a mall and about 2 miles away there is plenty of nice places to eat then catch a movie a 10 screen theater is right next to the places to eat. Overall I enjoyed my stay Exelent customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Traveling133
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I've stayed at Marriott hotels for a long time, all over the country. My husband and I were in Casper for a sporting event, so the hotel was booked with parents, athletes, coaches, etc. Perhaps it was due to the full capacity and maybe the housekeeping staff was overwhelmed, but there were hairballs (not either of ours, thank you) behind the bathroom door, no bath mat which made stepping out of the shower a bit exciting and the towels were pretty tired and thin. We paid $160 plus tax...for a very average room with some cleanliness issues. I've paid much less at better quality hotels for clean rooms with fluffy, new towels and spotless bathrooms. Guess I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott in Casper, Wyoming is the only property in Casper that is part of the Marriott chain of hotels. Although I don't like the Courtyard properties' policy of a separate paid breakfast when many competitors offer free breakfast (especially for elite level guests), I chose this property due to a Marriott bonus points promotion, and having stayed here with points a few years ago while on a road trip. Although not brand new, the hotel is clean and well-maintained. I used the business center a couple times to print documents: it was easy and always available. The staff I interacted with were friendly and professional. The room I had was nice, with a very comfortable bed and a heating/cooling unit that kept the room the exact temperature I needed. The flatscreen TV had a good number of HD channels available. The in-room mircowave and mini fridge were a bonus. There were a few issues I encountered during my stay: the internet speed was very flaky, at times it was so slow it was unusable, other times the speed was fine. The pool or hot tub were each closed in turn during my week-long stay, with a note stating that maintenance needed to "balance" the chemicals. All the towel/washcloths provided in the bathroom were very thin - a poor choice of linens.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business