“Very Good”
Review of Courtyard Casper

Courtyard Casper
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This fairly new Courtyard is quite nice. Friendly staff at front desk, clean rooms, good
bed and good shower. Close to I-25. Several restaurants nearby. Would suggest a drive
on Second Street 5-10 minutes towards downtown to eat at Johnny J's Diner, a neat
1950's style place. Downtown seemed to have a lot of restaurants, but they were
closed on the Sunday night that we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review Buzzy1! I am delighted that you enjoyed yout stay with us and the time you spent here in Casper. We hope to see you again sometime!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Casper

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We arrived late and tired (8/28/13), but the excellent staff (Sommer) greeted us with great hospitality and helped us with ice water and even went to the kitchen to look for an orange for our 8-year-old! She made us feel truly welcomed! Our room was spotless and spacious! I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in #319 and it has a small balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad that Sommer did such a wonderful job helping out you and your family, she really is great and I am so thankful to have her on our team. I will be sure that she sees your review and gets the recognition she deserves. I thank you for staying with us! Come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

When I rolled in late Sunday night, I was greeted warmly. The room price was high-$159-and having no discounts to apply made me a little miffed. I'm a Marriott member for cripes sake. When does that count for something?
Anyway, the room was clean and comfy and all the staff with whom I interacted were very nice. They went out of their way to be helpful to get me to my next destination, because there's just no easy way to travel from Wyoming to anywhere.
Breakfast was good, too. I had cooked-to-order eggs plus fruit & yogurt. Everything came out quickly and as I wanted it. The coffee was just ok. It's free. If you've read anything else I've written, you know my motto is, "You get what you pay for."
I'd stay here again because the service is good and the rooms are comfy.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review!
I am pleased that you enjoyed the time that you spent here with us. It is our pleasure to ensure each of our guests has the best experience possible. I do apologize that you feel that we are overpriced and I do thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member. As being a Marriott Rewards member you do recieve special perks such as points toward free nights, priority room, and late check out just to name a few. Unfortunately a discount off the room rate is not a benefit of the Rewards program.
I thank you for staying with us! We hope to have you back again sometime!

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel on our way to Yellowstone. The hotel was clean and updated. The staff was very accommodating. We had a room fridge, microwave and food bar area. It was in a good location if you would like a quick stop off. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your review! I am extremly delighted that you enjoyed the time you spent here with us. It is a pleasure for us to be able to provide our travels with a comfortable stay. I hope you had a fantastic time in Yellowstone and we hope to have you back again sometime!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

While driving from Chicago to Jackson Hole we needed a place to stay.....way to go Courtyard by Mariott. Super friendly staff at check in. Nice, clean room, staff gave recommendations for dinner. Fresh baked cookies at the counter. Very affordable as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for chosing to stay with us during your travels! I am delighted to hear that your time spent with us was enjoyable. I hope the rest of your time spent traveling is safe and you have a fantastic time wherever you end up next.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went to Casper for training on Sunday the 14th as my company was paying for a weeks stay here. I checked in Sunday night around 9 pm and the gal behind the counter was saying this was her first night alone. Well as luck would have it, they could not find my companies c.c authorization paper, and even though they had the c.c. number in the computer they would not allow me to check in. So I had to use my personal debit card to check in. She told me that she would only put a pre auth of $20.00 on it for the night until Monday when we could get ahold of my corporate office. I agreed and initialed a form they have to do that. Once in my room, the shower was dirty, they had left a bar of soap from the previous tenant with hair on it and there was a large clump of red hair stuck to the shower wall. I cleaned that up and took pictures to show them, then I notified the front desk the next day only to get a " sorry we have new maids". Well Monday came and my company sent the authorization. However, by the time they got it, the Marriott had hit my card for a pre auth of 380.00, which overdrew my account. My bank notified me and I went to discuss it with the front desk, only to get the front desk clerk to say she was sorry, I told her that was not good enough and I wanted to speak to the manager, she would not come out of the office and talk with me. I had to get back to work so I told the clerk I would be back around 5:15 and wanted to talk with the manger then. When I returned the manager had just left. In the mean time, they had tried to hit my card four more times for amounts ranging from 169.00 to 197.00, which was declined by my bank. I came in on Tuesday on my lunch hour which took two hours of my time to be on the phone with my bank and at the front desk getting the auth codes from the manager who still wo7uld not come out of her office, leaving the clerk to take the brunt of my anger. They kept telling me that they didn't have one for 380.00 and my bank was on the line telling me they did, finally the manager made a phone call to the front desk and they found the number conveniently, because I was becoming more upset. So we get this taken care of so that my car payment that was due to come in would not be sent back nor would I incur a over draft charge. I left there thinking everything was good as they had my companies card for two days now.
well Wednesday, my bank called again and told me that they just hit my card again for 40.00. I was furious by this time and went to confront the clerk at the desk, it just so happen to be the gal who started all this mess on Sunday. I raised my voice and demanded that she call her manager and get her down there to get this code and get this off my account. I was informed that she would not do that. I was then smugly and with attitude told that "see where you initialed this card" "I can hit your card for any amount I want to." I told her that was only for one night and she said my company did not authorize incidentals on the c.c. authorization so they used my card, even though I did not charge anything for three days to the room, nor was I going to. I found out today there is no such place on the form, so I was lied to and jerked around. Long story short, I was extremely upset and was taking loudly but not yelling, there were other people in the lobby and none of them heard me, but I did curse at the girl and she told me she was going to call her manager, I said do it, let me talk to her, she went into the office and came back out and said to me "if you don't like what we do here I think its time for you to leave", I said excuse me? She said" my manager wants you out of here and you have 30 minutes to pack your stuff and get out or we will call the police". I said I wasn't going anywhere and went up to my room. Fifteen minutes went by and there was a knock at my door, it was an officer, I said I was expecting him and to come in, the next thing I knew there were three officers in my room. I said my goodness what did she tell you to warrant three officers? Well I told them what happened and they couldn't believe what they just heard, they rolled their eyes and chuckled, by that time it had become comical. So we talked for a few minutes and I told them I would be out in twenty minutes and I was. When I came to the lobby, I was met with laughter from the girl and the young guy behind the desk. I asked her to check my room as she had told the police that I might destroy it. She proceeded to go check it and upon her return she would not even look at me, she told the guy it was fine, I said excuse me was it satisfactory? She replied it was, I asked for a final bill for both cards and walked out the front door where two officers were waiting in their cars to make sure I left. I can honestly say I have never been so degraded, humiliated, and stressed in my life, nor have I ever had a hotel stay this horrible. I fought for two days to get unwarranted and unauthorized charges off my card, only to have them slap me in the face and do it again. The attitude of the manager was appalling, the young kids behind the desk were smug and ignorant and were not helpful at all, and I can say that I have never had such a horrible stay anywhere in my life! NEVER again will any Marriott get my business or my companies. Stay away from the Casper Marriott!!!!!! They charge 197.00 a night and don't even serve a continental breakfast!!!! they charge you 8.00 dollars for a continental breakfast, there is no restaurant there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank rhonda r
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

I thank you for your review. I do apologize that there was so much trouble with the required authorizations being placed on your card and that perhaps the authorization form may have been misread, or misunderstood. Although it may be inconvenient at times, we do require a signature for all credit cards that are charged to protect the card owner from fraud. When there is no form on file, we must hold funds on the individual’s credit card at the time of check in to ensure there will be some form of payment provided if the form is never returned or completed. I do apologize that I was not available to speak with you regarding your concerns when you came to the desk. The only time I was made aware of your request to speak with me, I was handling a different situation. By the time I had that taken care of you had already left back to work. Yes, I did provide the numbers to the front desk staff to give to your bank, but the level of your anger did not have anything to do with the timing. I simply was looking at the wrong date for the correct code. At no point did anyone in the hotel intentionally do anything to try to upset you. It seems as though there was a rather large misunderstanding between the front desk staff and yourself as to how the hold process is executed and I do apologize for that. I have spoken with the individual that checked you in to make sure that she is explaining the hold process more clearly and thoroughly to avoid a situation such as this in the future. As for the cleanliness of your room, I am very sorry that you experienced anything left untouched in the room. As you were made aware, we do have a new housekeeping staff, but there is no excuse for anyone being checked into a room that is not 100% clean and ready. I have been working with the new maid staff in order to ensure nothing further is overlooked. If you did report the cleanliness issue to the front desk, I apologize that it was not immediately taken care of for you and that you felt that you needed to take care of it yourself. I will be addressing this issue with those who should have taken action. As for calling the police, we do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Unfortunately the circumstances and dramatic escalation of this situation led me to believe this was the best option for everyone involved. I do not take chances when it comes to the safety of my staff and guests and could not let the verbal assault persist. Again, my apologies that your stay here was not a reflection of the product and service that we strive exceptionally hard to provide to each of our guests. I do wish you better luck with your future travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Love the new Courtyard layout. Remarkable lobby experience, nice open air comfy seating in the great room by the fireplace and big screen, saw kids enjoying the pool. Asked the front desk staff for a restaurant recommendation and we were hooked up. Starbucks about 1 mile away. Clean room, nice helpful, engaging staff.

Room Tip: Get the city view, even numbers look at city, odd numbers look at the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimvet1826

I thank you for your review and am thoroughly pleased you enjoyed your time spent here with us. It is our goal for each and every one of our guests to have the most pleasurable experience possible and it makes me extremely proud of my staff to hear such fantastic things from our guests!