“Comfortable room Uncomfortable stay!”
Review of Courtyard Casper

Courtyard Casper
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Wyoming, Michigan
“Comfortable room Uncomfortable stay!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I called my wife to ask where I should stay? She said CourtYard so I did as she suggested. I was so impressed with my room I sent my wife some pictures. The staff was very professional. So what's the issue? I travel for a very large corporation Casper is in my territory now and I will be there every two weeks. The hotels I choose are home away from home that feeling is important to me. So professional is not always personal which you are not. Honesty is important so why was I not told no hot tub or pool. The rooms have nothing that says welcome no water no mints nothing. If you want water buy it, a cup of coffee buy it, breakfast buy it. My issue is your not warm or comforting it's like be taken at every turn. This is most definitely a corporate strategy. I do not know if it's new to Marriott or it has been around a while. If the market in Casper is strong you may survive with this approach towards customer service if not you will suffer. I can only speak for my self. This approach is not for me. I can stay any where else in a high end hotel and get all of the above mention items. Even Hilton Garden offers breakfast or points. So think about it I would love to pay for the quality of room you present but traveling is my life I have to have some of the other items as well. I am a long way from home!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David E
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review David E. I am very sorry that you did not find your stay with us to be comfortable or welcoming. I thank you for your feedback and we will do what we are able to change this feeling for our guests. We want all of our guests to not only find our rooms comfortable and relaxing, but the overall feeling with us to be like a home away from home. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My main reason for writing the review is to let you know about some things to do around Casper. I’ll mention some things about the hotel first.

The front-desk staff were always very kind and provided me with whatever I needed. The bed was very comfortable.

Corporate Marriott has made changes to include new contemporary furnishings which includes a smaller sofa. The sofa bed is more the size of a chair and a half bed. So really the king suite is more for 3 people vs 4 like what I reserved.

Corporate Marriott has also taken out the coffee bar in the lobby. This was a huge disappointment for us! The dining area has also been changed by Corporate. It is a “Bistro”, which means no breakfast buffet for approximately $7 where kids eat free. Now it is approximately $10 for an adult breakfast and $4.50 for children. So a $15 meal for 4 is now $30. We did try the breakfast one morning and it was good.

There is a washer/dryer on site which is very modern and the front desk will provide detergent/Bounce sheets.

Some of the housekeeping staff could stand to have a refresher course in exactly what they need to do to prepare a room. It was always a gamble on whether or not my toilet would be cleaned or shampoo replenished.

Things we did in and around Casper:
Ayers Natural Bridge: This natural bridge is about 45 minutes along I-25 South to exit 151. You will exit and then drive about 5 miles on a paved road to the park area. Take a picnic lunch, enjoy the views, climb a small steep path to the top of the bridge, take a volleyball and play some sand volleyball, or throw a frisbee or football in the open areas. There is a small creek flowing under the river that makes the best water "noise".

Garden Creek Falls trail to the waterfall on Casper Mountain: To get there take Wyoming road 151. When you get close to the mountain, the road forks. Stay to the right (the road that does NOT say this way to Casper Mountain). Soon, you will see a brown sign that says Wildlife Viewing. Turn left here and you will soon see a sign for Rotary Park. You will find picnic tables and paved parking. You can walk a short easy path to the bottom of the waterfall. You can climb the mountain to the top of the waterfall, which is what we did and had a blast!

Wind River White Water Rafting in Thermopolis, Wyoming: Thermopolis is a little more than 2 hours away. The only town to stop at on the way is Shoshoni. Between Shoshoni and Thermopolis is where you will have the most beautiful scenery as you drive through the canyon on the Wind River Reservation. My trip was worth it just for this 20 minutes of beauty! We did the scenic float down the river and it was scenic for part of the way. I probably wouldn’t recommend the scenic float. Their white water rafting trips go through the canyon that I mentioned previously with the gorgeous scenery.
We also visited the hot springs pools with water slides in Thermopolis. There was one outdoor slide that made the stop worthwhile. My kids rode it about 20 times. The indoor pools smell pretty bad.

Places in town where we ate:
Old Chicago pasta - Fantastic! Definitely would recommend if you like pizza or calzones. We ate here twice!

Fire Rock Steakhouse - Fantastic! Found out after eating at both that they are owned by the same person. This is a pricey steakhouse, but a delicious one! The bacon wrapped filet was great and the mac and cheese is to die for!

Outback - Don’t waste your money. We had a horrible experience.

Applebee’s - the food and service were both good.

Room Tip: The rooms that face I-25 can hear the traffic noise at times.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review miamivice2011. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the new Courtyard concept. We love to hear what our guests think of the changes made.
I am very sorry that the housekeeping service you recieved during your stay was not consistent and I will make sure the housekeepers are reminded that fresh shampoo and clean toliets every day are a must.
I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent in and around the Casper area. There are so many wonderful things to do and see and I am delighted that you got to experience some of them. If you should find yourself between Casper and Thermopolis again, might I suggest stopping at Hell's Half Acre. It is like a mini grand canyon and such a beautiful sight!
Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family again sometime.
Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Newly renovated, this Courtyard was excellent. Clean, beautiful hotel and the rooms have comfortable bedding. Towels were great and our room was spotless. Very comfortable sofa in our room, perfect for watching tv. Did not use, but there is a microwave and small refrigerator as well as a coffee station. Also did not use, but had a very nice workout room. Love the Starbucks in the lobby and the location was perfect. Easy to find and in a great location for Casper. Will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn Swartz S
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us here in Casper. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next one!
Denver
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard May 16/17 and the construction seemed to be complete by that time. It was obvious that the hotel had just been remodeled. It was beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable. We had a good nights’ sleep and found the room to be quiet. The hotel is situated off of the freeway and provided good access for getting on and off the freeway in addition to multiple shops along the mall area.
In addition to a comfortable bed, the shower provided enough force to be relaxing as well as a long-lasting supply of hot water for an extra-long shower. The shampoo, conditioner and soap were Marriott quality. Very nice bath products. In the lobby, we were able to get some Starbucks coffee and bring it back to the room while we were getting ready to leave.
I felt as though we had a Marriott experience at Courtyard prices. That is a nice combination and I would recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel has one side facing the highway and one side faces the mall area. I was concerned that th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is absolutely the best Marriot I've had the pleasure of staying at. The staff are so pleasant and willing to help with anything you need. Its so refreshing to come in after a long day of work and be greeted by all the staff here at the courtyard. Jack and Vicki work the night shifts, both of which are extremely professional and always willing to go that extra mile. I always feel at home when I stay here at the courtyard. Other staff to mention are Cameron and Somer; both of them are always extremely positive and greet me with a smile whenever I come in. I've stayed here fairly frequently for work. I enjoy how the staff takes the time to get to know you. The Courtyard Casper never fails to give that personal touch. This is exactly why I will always make the Marriott for my choice here in Casper. If you're ever looking for a top notch hotel, I would highly recommend the Courtyard as a first choice every time. Thanks to the staff for all their hard work and ability to make everyone feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel almost exclusively in Casper 4-6 times per year. The rooms are nicely done (particularly nice after the renovation) and are relatively quiet. The renovation did not apparently include new towels. They all appear to be dingy and fairly thin...at least the ones in our room. The biggest change with the renovation is the breakfast accommodations. The lobby/breakfast area used to be a very inviting, comfortable space. There was a breakfast buffet that used to be available which was nice because you could enjoy a quick hot or continental breakfast for a reasonable price before you left for the day. Now there is a Starbucks Bistro where you can order breakfast. We ordered breakfast one morning and while it was delicious, it was the slowest process. We stood in line and ordered 2 regular Starbucks coffees and 2 eggs and bacon breakfasts. It was 20 minutes or more before we got our breakfast and that even includes our regular coffee that they pumped from a pot into a cup to deliver. The whole "breakfast" set-up is very inefficient and very slow. One morning my husband witnessed a couple of employees complaining about their supervisor to each other while he was standing there waiting for his order. That is very unprofessional. I wouldn't say the new breakfast offering is a good option for kids unless you want to buy them a yogurt or a pastry. The decor is very modern and business-like. It appears to be catering more to business clientele than families. They used to have free regular and decaf coffee available in the lobby all day. We were unable to find it if they still offer it. One morning we used our regular coffee packet in our room and housekeeping did not replace it when they serviced the room so the next morning we only had decaf. This has happened more than once. They obviously are pushing the Starbucks sales. The addition of the Starbucks coffee is a nice touch but in my opinion, if you're in a hurry don't wait around for breakfast if you want something other than a pastry.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorie M
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your review Lorie M.
I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Yes, our biggest change with our remodel is the addition of our Bistro. I do apologize that your Bistro experience was less than outstanding and that you were not made aware of our children's menu that includes entrees such as French toast and scrambled eggs. I will also be speaking with the Bistro staff in regards to the comment overheard by your husband while you waited. This type of inappropriate behavior is unacceptable and will not continue.
Again, I do apologize that you stay with us was less than satisfactory and we would love the opportunity to show you a better stay next time.
Ashley Arnold, General Manager
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel was nice, but I called down to the front desk multiple times late in the night because other guests were so loud. The front desk seemed annoyed and said they are just kids having fun. Why would I spend any money to stay overnight that is so loud that sleep isn't even an option? The staff simply just didn't care.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank R1verotter
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review R1verotter. I am very sorry that your stay was not as quite and relaxing as it should have been. I will be speaking with the front desk staff in regards to how to properly handle a situation such as this in the future. The situation should have been taken care of at the time you first reported the noise and the front desk should always care to make sure all of our guests are taken care of. I do apoligize that it was not the case. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to get in touch with me. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
-Ashley Cosman