“Very poor treatment”

Snowy Mountain Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Centennial
Snowy Mountain Lodge
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Sadly we had to cancel our three nights at the lodge as my husband had been told to stay close to hospitals while there was a danger his infected appendix would rupture. We phoned to cancel but received no reply and so left a message on the answer machine. No reimbursement has ever been given in spite of emailing and then writing. This is quite distressing.

Stayed: June 2008
6  Thank poetryeuropa

Reviewed 2 April 2008

I attempted to plan an event at Snowy Mountain Lodge and ended up moving it. The staff were difficult to get in touch with and frequently did not return my calls or follow through on things they agreed to do. When I was able to speak with them, they were unhelpful and at times even rude. It was almost as if they did not want my business. Perhaps not a good place to host an event?

Stayed: January 2008
7  Thank Midwesterner81
Reviewed 9 December 2007

I had found the web site for the Snowy Mountain Lodge, and called them about staying there with 11 others. We were on a snowmobile adventure. The new owners were very polite and helpful. We found the place in great shape. Could have a few more places to hang wet clothes but besides that we had a great time. We stayed for a some of 3 or 4 days. There were 8 of us in the large cabin and 4 in one of the smaller cabins with no running water. We found bottle water there a waiting our stay. There may have been mouse turds, but these cabins are in the woods. What do you expect!!!!
We had so much fun and enjoyed the Lodge that 7 of us decided to go back again in Feb. of 2007. We found our second trip to be as pleasurable as the first. We even stayed longer the second trip. The owners of the lodge remembered us from the first trip. We traveled around 8 hours to the Snowy Mountain Lodge and found every thing to be "A Rustic Lodge In the Mountains of Wyoming" I would attach some pictures but they are all on cd at this time.
My Dad, Brother and I went back in March of 2007 for but not least another adventure to the Snowy Mountain Lodge. We had a late lunch and was going to stay, but the owner advised us of a bad storm coming in. Knowing that we had to be back, he thought we had better leave that day. We did not get to enjoy an overnight stay, but we did get to eat one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. We did not eat a lot at the Lodge, but when we did it was always very good, and at a reasonable price. Thanks Snowy Mountain Lodge. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2007

Stayed in one of the large cabins for $220 a night. We booked for 2 nights but checked out after one. I talked my sister and her family to join me in hiking up in the Snowies during our trip out west. I even bribed them to join me by picking up the tab for two nights. I looked for the best place I could find in the area and was looking forward to our stay in the rustic cabin in the mountains.

I was embarassed by my selection from the moment we entered the front door. The cabin was just plain dirty. My sister had to clean the bathroom before she could use it. When they went to bed they discovered mouse turds between the sheets. By this time, the office was closed and there was nothing to do about it. I got into bed without even checking the sheets cause I was afraid what I might find. The cabin was a duplex; with paper thin walls. We heard every conversation our neighbors had as well as all the extraneous noises that people make. Next morning, I went to make coffee, coffee pot had not been cleaned out and discovered more mouse turds mixed in with utensils in kitchen draw. My brother-in-law, who has asthma, had problems breathing due to al the dust. He started cleaning the place to make it more livable for us. At this point, I decided I didn't care if I got my money back or not, we were checking out of here. We cut our stay in Wyo short and it put a damper on our trip.

The one positive thing is that they didn't charge us for the second night.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2007

A wondrful experience!! Cabin was clean and roomy. The food at the restaraunt was wonderful, especially after a long day of exploring. All of the staff made you feel like you were at home.
We arrived with 3 kids and a dog; the kids and the dog were able to play at the creek and after dinner start a camp fire right next to the cabin.
It is located in the national forest so there are critters. It could be a bit overwhelming for someone who is not use to the greautdoors.
We will definetly return!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank campfam
Reviewed 17 September 2007

For a $220 a night, there shouldn't be mouse droppings in the silverware drawer. We had an infant with us, and the place was disgustingly dirty. Though advertised to sleep 8, there were only four chairs at the dining table, and only enough silverware, cups and plates for four. We had seven adults and an infant.

The oven didn't work, and we'd planned a family birthday dinner party and needed the "full kitchen". The oven wouldn't heat to over 150 degrees. The handyman tried to tell me the oven wouldn't fully heat because we were using some of the burners on the stovetop. As if!

The one saving grace: the cooks in the lodge restaurant were very helpful, and allowed us to bring our baking to the kitchen, which we did. Instead of spending the evening with my family, I spent a large share of it in the lodge kitchen monitoring my daughter's birthday meal.

A very, very disappointing experience. Way overpriced; way too much deferred maintenance; a misleading website. The place is much more rundown and crummy than it's made to look online. Don't waste your money. Don't waste your precious family time.

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank F650Rider
Reviewed 26 July 2007

This "rustic" lodge is located in a beautiful area. But there are no curtins or blinds so the morning sun comes right on in. They do not provide enough towels so you have to share. The light on the porch was out and even after we comlained, they never changed it so beware in the dark and carry a flashlight. There are no closets or hangers so don't plan to hang up any clothes. The kitchen has a microwave but the plates and cups are all camping metal type so you can' use them in the microwave. Of couse no TV, telephone or internet. The heater didn't work either. Not the best value I think for $220 per night.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank TravelAgent34

Been to Snowy Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!