“No way was this worth the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First, it's not a hotel, it's a MOTEL.
Doesn't make a big difference to anything other than expectations.
Location was perfect for the rodeo. Nice to see a fridge and microwave in the room, but in honesty, that's where the plus points stop.

Bed was comfy enough, but sheets smelled musty, as did the towels. Bathroom had damp stains everywhere.

I paid 150 bucks for this place for a night, they must have really hiked their prices to cash in on Frontier days visitors. Tbh, I'd have been disappointed if I'd paid 50.

To be fair, front desk staff were nice enough, and it did the job for 1 night, but I'd have been gutted to have booked this place for longer on a vacation.
I don't think I'd stay here again, given the choice

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I have been traveling and staying in over 15 different hotels in the last three weeks and this place was without the worst we have ever stayed in in years. To begin with we had a reservation for two nights (one on points and one paying) and they gave us a room on the second floor (no elevator) and told us we would be changing rooms for the second night. I told them that was unacceptable and canceled the second night. The room--- the floors had not been vacuumed, we could see lint when we arrived. The air conditioner froze up and we had a young attendant (very friendly) come and thaw it out with a heater. The tv had no major channels, only TLC, TNT and minor channels. The outside needed major repairs. The walkways were chipped, the walls needed a lot of work and the steps going up to our room were not in the best shape. I do have to say that most of the staff were friendly except the manager when I checked in. He tried to blame Choice Hotels for making us change rooms but I reminded him that he knew we were coming for two nights and he could have put us in the same room. The breakfast was adequate, nothing outstanding. The room they gave us was next to an outside door that slammed all night long.

Room Tip: Stay away from this Rodeway Inn
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I normally stay at 3 to 4 star hotels but needed to save a few dollars so thought I'd take my chances here and was pleased enough to reserve a second night. I recommend the top floor and a room facing the pool. The room was clean, the Internet worked, and the pool was a nice large outdoor one. The breakfast was light but adequate. I'd stay there again. Well worth the savings!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peg_184
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a MOTEL... But keeping that in mind, It was much nicer than I expected. It had fridge and microwave, laundry, little foods and such to buy in lobby, and the staff was very accommodating. I was much more impressed than I expected. Much better stay than any other cheap inn in Cheyenne.

Room Tip: Pick your battle. On one side you have the pet park and the other the parking lot. If you can get...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here on two occasions a couple of nights apart.

The first night was fine, nothing to complain about although other people in my group were less impressed with their rooms.

My room was clean and tidy. Basic but it did the job.

On the second occasion I was given a room that either already had someone in there or it hadn't been cleaned. There was breakfast stuff on the desk and the bed had not been made.

I went back to reception where they were very apologetic and have me a different room. This room had been cleaned but it could do with a lick of fresh paint to make it more inviting.

The breakfast was fine and was standard motel food - cereal, waffles etc.

I didn't feel particularly safe there at night though and made sure my door was firmly locked.

I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I blame myself for not taking the time to read through reviews on this property, because if I did, I would have spent a little more and gone elsewhere. We arrive to what appears to be two high school aged kids in t-shirts and jeans behind the front desk checking us in. They were friendly and got us checked in, but seemed a bit out of place. We got to our room, and it was horrible. I'm kinda used to the musty motel smell, but this room took the cake. The carpet had stains on it and didn't look like it ever got vacuumed, the tub and toilet looked dirty, and the extra lock looked like it was about to fall off, as if it was previously broken into? Thankfully nothing happened. On the plus side, the free continental breakfast was pretty good, enough for me to change my 1 star vote to 2.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The office is also the transient bus stop and a homeless person ate at the breakfast buffet the first morning of our stay. He ate for quite some time before getting on his bicycle and riding away. I guess that is better than wasting the leftover food, but I was not comfortable at this hotel. The room was not clean--with some sort of prescription medication pill cornered in a pile of dust & dirt behind the bathroom door. It was a pretty quiet place and the bed slept ok, but I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family