“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Littleton, Colorado
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I used this hotel this week for a one night stay as an overflow hotel to a rally we were attending. The desk staff were very accommodating. However, our visual welcome as we made our way to the room was alarming. The carpet in the elevator was heavily stained and dirty. We looked down the hallway and the cleaning and soiled linen carts with soiled linens on the floor gave a cluttered and unkept appearance at 5PM. A refrigerator was outside the door of our room and we were informed that it was in fact removed from our room. Both room keys did not work. The housekeeping staffer let us into our room, which at first pass looked ok. My wife immediately noticed long black hair on the floor in the bathroom. It was brought to the housekeeper's attention and corrected immediately. We stepped out for dinner. Upon our return and while removing my socks sitting at the desk, I notice a metallic glint in the carpet near my foot. It was a sewing needle. upon further inspection we found gold foil, a clear plastic tag tie and a rather large toenail clipping on the carpet and sticky dried soda on the desk. We were on our guard the rest of the evening. The following morning, I brought the items to the desk managers attention as we departed-stating that the room was not within our experience of Holiday Inn quality norms. Again they were congenial and concerned. Later in the day, we were contacted by phone by the staff. They informed us that our bill had been adjusted and apologized for the condition of the room. They stated that the issue had been addressed with housekeeping. Would we stay here again? Possibly-but we would ask for a room inspection before taking a room here.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, inspect it prior to accepting it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 1Goldwinger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am truly delighted you found our staff accommodating. I am disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and apologize for the conditions of the room and level of cleanliness. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and rest assured, these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Charisse V
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Thankful to get in - had called about two hours out and made reservation. When we arrived there was no record of our reservation but thankfully there were rooms available. The rooms were fine, the pool was nice and warm. It was very easy to get to coming off of I-80.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Didn't go to college and want to experience a Dorm Room? This is the place to go. I don't know how this can be the same company as the Express chain. Bed is uncomfortable, very noisy and scary clientele. Not in best neighborhood either. Go somewhere safer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Shannon F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly regrettable that we were not able to meet your expectations when it comes to room accommodations. We take all comments, whether positive or negative, into serious account as this helps us improve on our services. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information and follow up on your experience.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Panama City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We decided to stop in Cheyenne during our road trip from Peoria, IL to Cuchara, So we pulled into Holiday Inn, off the interstate. As we were checking in we were asked about our IHG number which we couldn't remember so Amber at the front desk pulled up our account details. We had a few separate accounts that we hadn't used in a while. When we arrived at our room Amber called us and informed us that she managed to get the points all pulled together. It was a wonderful surprise and has convinced us that future stays at Holiday Inn are a certainty. Thank you Amber.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hookstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was okay for a one night stop. I felt it was overpriced for all there was. Breakfast was bought in their restaurant, service was okay but the breakfast bar had few options. Dinner in the restaurant was fine, they even made variation to their sandwiches to accomodate my food allergies. Service was good but meals were overpriced.The only plus to this hotel is that it is situated right off of I 80 and just a short distance from the Cheyenne major attractions that I was interested in!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear rosie1051,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

When I looked online there were some disparaging reviews. They made me concerned. Nothing else better was available, so I booked and stayed. I have no idea what where the negative reviews came from. The one deficiency I found is the same one I complain about regularly: I just don't see how you can be a 3 star hotel without automatic front doors.

Check-in was in a large and spacious lobby. The clerk was efficient and competent. The elevators were in an odd location, and the signage could have been better, but given the layout of the hotel, it was not a major inconvenience.

The room was spacious, the decor was good. The bathroom was clean, the shower was good, hot water was plentiful. The a/c worked well and was quiet. The bed was comfortable, the linens were clean. The room was quiet with no noise from outside.

It was a good hotel. I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Veritas666
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Although the hotels is a little old, the room was nicely updated, well lit and very clean. My room had probably one of the best showers I have had in a hotel. The carpet showed signs of wear that would be expected from a little older hotel. The staff were extremely friendly, professional and personable from check-in to check-out. The hotel restaurant is quite dated. The food was good, but not great. The restaurant staff were friendly enough, but I have encountered better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business