Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Cheyenne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Historic Plains Hotel(Cheyenne)
Atlas Motel(Cheyenne)
View Hotel
All reviewsolder hotelstayed one nightwill stay there againroom was clean and comfortableclose to downtownlong driveconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was clean and comfortable as with all Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Staff was eager to please. As for the facilities: Room A/C woke me up on heat and cool settings by the fan cycling on and off. Would have preferred one where the fan stayed on all the time. Business center computer would not upload .JPG photos from my camera battery memory. No binder in room listing services provided by the motel and nearby businesses. It would have been more convenient if I could have charged my breakfast to the room bill. Breakfast was nice, eggs cooked to order. It would have been nice to have the checkout bill appear under dthe door as with most motels.

Room Tip: Preferably away from elevators to ensure quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

However, I am sorry to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the air conditioning system and business center facilities. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver the best guest experience.

Your feedback is very important as we rely on you, our guests to tell us how we are doing and how we can meet your needs. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you in the future.

Dhan M

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Please be kind with guests ! The attendant almost had no look at us neither during check-in nor check-out.
Dirty, sticky tables at restaurant. Dirty carpet in room, we preferred to walk with slippers on !
The worst: had a "non smoking" room that smelt cigarette like hell ! We where also provided a room with a tiny bed when we had made a reservation for a double...And we couldn't change because of Frontier Days !
Wake up Holiday Inn, this was our worst by far ! Sorry...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stoullieux

Dear stoullieux,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been and IHG member for about 14 years and began staying at this hotel close to 10 years ago while on business. Never a serious complaint until this visit. This is 'Cheyenne Rodeo Week' or 'Cheyenne Frontier Days'; no property in the area is accepting corporate rates and standard rates have doubled or tripled.

All recent stays have been in thoroughly updated rooms with fridges and a microwave oven. This visit is different. I'm assigned what appeared to be a corner storage room converted to a guest room - quite small. Well worn furniture and no room for a fridge but perhaps a microwave oven on the dresser. Swivel chair had a dead strut and a large toenail on the carpet under the desk. Perhaps its just me but I clip my nails in the bathroom. Even at checkout, the staff appeared to already know my dissatisfaction but was glad I was leaving - hardly a peep out of either of us.

I contacted management and IHG almost immediately after checking in; not a peep from the hotel (3 weeks later) but I did hear from IHG the next day.

The only memorable, positive event of this stay was the Room Service, which was excellent as it has always been in the past.

I wrote a review on the IHG website but it was rejected stating I would have to rewrite it and leave out the name of the hotel (and other details) I transferred to for the following night. This hotel is a favorite with our employees and I'll probably stay here again to see if this was just a fluke.

Room Tip: 101, 201 right up to the top are corner rooms and very small with no chance of a fridge or microwave oven, if required.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joby1956
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Joby1956,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Cheyenne. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Microwave and fridge in room. :)

Stinks, and no windows to open!!! :(

No balcony. Quiet. No free breakfast. $10.95 for an OK buffet (If you eat enough, you may be able to use the money, meats, cheeses, yogurts, eggs, breads, etc).

Air conditioner worked.

Car far away from room, since hotel is big. Restaurant in hotel (we didn't eat there due to lack of time).

Room Tip: Room 328 was quiet. I assume all rooms stink.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear rustyferrel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed one night on route from Denver to Rapid City, could not fault it except for paper cups and plastic glasses in the room.
Room was clean and spacious but breakfast was a bit chaotic as they had some kind of veterans convention going on and they had just about cleaned it out.
But would stay again as 5 minute drive and you are in the center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple