“A very nice, clean motel. A little overpriced but most...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cheyenne
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed 15 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived in Cheyenne by accident and needed a place to stay. The most knowledgable person about Cheyenne was Leslie. What a pleasure- knows all about the area and sights to see. We would definitely come back and stay at Microtel.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I like to visit this hotel when we want a quick getaway that is still a reasonable driving distance from our home in Colorado. This hotel is clean, has a friendly staff, is reasonably priced and close to restaurants downtown. Worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had an unscheduled trip to Cheyenne on short notice. All of my usual lodging choices (Holiday Inn Express, Marriotts) were full so I decided to give the Wyndham brand a try. This Microtel on the exterior looks fine. It was clean (minus the 5 guests smoking right at the front door) on first impression. Check in was "ok" at best. The front desk staff was far from friendly, she did her job, just not in the most welcoming manner. I had to essentially beg her to look up my Wyndham rewards account. It had been a long time since I have stayed and it started to come back to me why I choose to not stay at these. Got into the room, it is average at best. I do like the refrigerator/microwave combo in the room. The bed is ok, but be sure to bring your own pillow(s). The cable TV is easily rated as terrible. Very poor selection, mostly public access channels. I would like to comment on the wireless internet, but I can't. The primary reason I can't, is because it didn't work inside my 1st room floor. After 2 calls to the front desk, she suggested that I just go to the lobby! She told me it was because of the "weather" why the internet didn't work. This is after I suggested/recommended that the router be reset. Instead of trying that, she found it easier to blame the weather, my computer and my cell phone provider. The breakfast is bare bones at best. Dried out pastries, bread and cereal. A waffle iron that appeared to not have been cleaned since it had been installed. Cranberry was the only juice offered. The orange juice wasn't available! The breakfast area is very small and cramped. I won't be staying
here again. For the price paid and what you get, it is definitely not a good value. I will also be contacting Wyndham Corporate to discuss my displeasure since I can't get a local manger to return my call. I would suggest shopping around Cheyenne if you are in need of lodging.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank sdhockeytraveler
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Flor made our first stay at a Microtel easy and comfy and pretty much guaranteed we would try one again. From setting us up in a first floor room to accommodate my husband's recent injury to giving us directions to every strange place we wanted to visit. Didn't hurt that the room was immaculate, the beds comfortable and the lighting just perfect!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during a cross country trip. $108/night, though more than I like to pay on this type of trip where it's in and out, was not too bad considering how clean the room was. The bathroom was spotless. The linens were crisp, pillows were ok (I travel with my own.) Breakfast was included, but we did not eat as we had an early start and are not hungry at 6am. I gave this place four stars because it is so clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family