“Good for price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Melbourne, Australia
“Good for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The motel appears to be new or refurbished. The room was clean and comfortable, nothing special though. Breakfast served in the lobby was good, with a good variety for continental breakfast. The staff looked disinterested or tired, and did only what is required to book us in. No extra effort, perhaps because they are working behind a glass barrier. The location is next to the highway and railroad, however, there was no noise in the room.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Millieandme
Elizabeth K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for the review!
We are one of the cheaper motels in town compared to the quality if one was to look around. You would never know this until you come look inside at our rooms. That also includes an indoor pool and hot tube. Some of the motels have the same Quality but more expensive without the pool so check us out some day we look forward to those who do.
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed 1 night on the way home from Yellowstone. Room was very clean, room had ceiling fan, telephone next to toilet! Despite being close to railroad tracks, the room was reasonably quiet, firm bed, enough towels for 2 people. Check-in/check-out was easy. Only complaint was we had a lot of things to carry to the room and they had no luggage carts.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tex_Travelers
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Thanks to the great staff we owe most of the work to them keeping this place clean and nice. See you on your next trip.
montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed here while in the area for a wedding. Very nice place with a great breakfast. Just the kind of place we look for while traveling, nice but won't break the bank. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mtgal2travel
Elizabeth K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thanks for the review!
We try hard and many people tell us in these reviews hope to see you soon.
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

sign #1: there is a sign at the check in desk "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"
sign #2: its typed in that cheap commodore 64 like computer program
sign #3: the check in desk itself has a glass barrier around it
sign #4: If you pay in cash (as i had no choice but to do since all my credit cards were stolen) there is a 50 dollar extra damage deposit you get back after thorough inspection upon check out
sign #5: the indoor pool (in the same building just down the hall) is locked and you need to sign in and request they open it at the front desk. You also get your towel there as well.
sign #6: The rooms necessities were bare minimum; a soap, shampoo and conditioner dispenser IN the shower itself, labeled with a p-touch label "soap" etc.
sign #7: when asked "how many people will be staying in the room", I was sternly looked at, telepathy style, as if they were daring me to lie to them.
sign #8: the other reviews were right-on, you do have the feeling you are being watched in this place. "sing-sing syndrome" took second place here, (first was the comfort inn and suites in hawthorne NY -see my review for that jail cell)
But wait; notice my "average" rating, this place was not all that bad. I paid the Wyoming Green book rate, so I cant complain, but I would not go over 55 dollars. The room itself is not to bad, comfy bed, good tv and working a/c. Even a ceiling fan! The bathroom was bare bones basic. Yes there is a train, however it was not to bad and pretty manageable. Lets face it, the pool, felt like it was in some garage, with metal poles supporting the structure. The hot tub, though nice and refreshing, was the size of a bucket. Thank god no one else was in there with me; I got in and the water rose to the top already! I had visitors 'poking' in from time to time, one were a group of random people im assuming from the parking lott outside thought they could get in to the building that way and even gestured to me to open the door for them (creepy!), the other were the front desk people peeping in the window I suppose to make sure i was not running or diving in the pool. I dont know if I would call them wardens, but it is clear the people running the joint are either afraid of litigation to the extreme, have swinging axe's over their heads from their superior, or just are looking for some action, any action in this godforsaken town. They were however, very nice, and despite the fact I caught the overnight lady sleeping behind the desk she was very helpful during this stressful time of the storm and had a full house to deal with. I did not try the breakfast, though the lobby was very basic as well, all tv's tuned to the weather coverage. After check out and "inspection" (conducted by some guy, a specialist it seemed, who i never seen before) I was off to.. nowhere, roads closed and trapped.
Its not a bad place, I wouldnt spend to much to stay, it serves its purpose. Staying in a place like this for summer camp instead of some youth hostel or YMCA would have been a treat, but I wouldnt make this my honeymoon hotel by any means. I did not get a suite so I can not comment on that issue like half the reviews on here seem to do.

Room Tip: i guess, ask to see the "suite" first before you buy, as always.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank speedotorpedo
Thanks For The Review!
We are speechless and really do not know how exactly to respond to this review. The check inn area is in glass because when we took over the front desk was not 24hr therefore they locked the check inn area up at night. We have since opened the check inn to 24hr so we removed some of the glass and intend to remove it all in the future.
No one has to sign in to go into the pool area, although we do give pool towels out at the front desk?
We always ask how many people are in your party, doesn't every motel?
We get complements all the time about our hot tub pool I guess he is a loner?
Our Laundry is on the way to the pool so the Laundry Lady can't help but look into the pool area since it is right there?
We like the town and it is not Godforsaken God is here and he likes it to.
The night shift is slow and the Clerk may get bored and rest some but never sleeps just dozes?
Yes we do have a few security cameras throughout the building but all places have them don't they, I would think that would be a good thing!
YMCA seems to be this guests most comfortable place to stay as he states the other motels are not very good either?
What else can we say?
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

There was a snowstorm that passed through the region earlier in the day and most of the hotels in Cheyenne were booked. America's Best had only suites available which was unfortunate for me as it was only me travelling and would have preferred a regular room at a much reduced rate especially since I was checking in at 1:30 in the morning and left at 8:30 that same morning. It was not their fault but felt at that time of night, they could have given me a slight discount. I did not stay long enough to try the breakfast or other amenities so cannot speak of them. The room was clean but as stated by other reviewers, the suite is really not a suite but rather a larger room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cameron, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here 3 nights. Beds are very comfortable with good pillows. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast was also fine. It is fairly close to a train track which could be heard at night but they have done what they can with good windows etc. to keep the sound down.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DJBEnnis
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Don't be mislead by the hotel's room descriptions ("sofa bed in separate sitting area"). A Family Suite is not a suite - it is only a room with 2 beds & the most uncomfortable sleeper sofa ever imagined jammed at the end of the room. In fact, the sleeper sofa was so uncomfortable that my teenager preferred to sleep with his legs hanging off the arms instead of folding out the bed.

The room description also indicates that a hair dryer, iron & ironing board are in the room. They are not. Luckily, we noticed no hair dryer before taking a shower. For those who like coffee first thing in the morning, there is no room coffee machine either.

Breakfast was mediocre. There were a couple of cereal choices, plain bagels, a few yogurt choices & waffles.

Overall, for the price, the experience was disappointing. The room was dark & cramped - the absolute worst "suite" that we have stayed in. Luckily, we only had to stay 1 night - had it been for a longer stay, I would have switched hotels.

(I sent an email to corporate America's Best about the misleading room description. Corporate emailed back to say that the franchise owner is suppose to address issues directly. One week later, and I have heard zero from the hotel owner).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C B
Elizabeth K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you were so unhappy and that your suite wasn't what you expected. Sorry about the sofa couch, they are not like a regular bed with a thick mattress. All our websites including TripAdvisor show pictures that clearly show our family suites and also states that hair dryers and iron & ironing boards are available at front desk on request. We serve fresh brewed 24 hour coffee in our lobby along with tea also mentioned on our web site. Sorry if you were misled but it is all stated on our web site for everyone to read before booking. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast we don't offer any cooked items but we do have a large variety of other things such as three different kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, 3 types’ of bagels along with cream cheese. White and wheat bread, frozen waffles, yogurt, donuts, coffee, and juices.
We are always are willing to move people into a different room if they ask but in this case we did not know until checkout they were unhappy?
Our suggestion is for people is to look more closely at the web site and read everything about our rooms and look at all pictures before booking, maybe even call us directly to ask questions. We are very conscientious about our rooms and wish only to please our guests.
$75.00 is not a very expensive rate for a suite that sleeps six with New Carpet New Furniture and 5 star Beds to boot!
Elizabeth
GM

Travellers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels