“best value for the money”
Review of Hitching Post Inn

Hitching Post Inn
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
“best value for the money”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hitching post inn provides very spacious rooms for the best price anywhere in Cheyenne. OK, the exterior needs some work but it is under renovation but the outside looks just fine while I'm sleeping inside. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is friendly and the price is right. Next time you're paying through Cheyenne and you want a place to stay check out the Hitching Post I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank skooter84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Everett, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed one night and that was too long. The minute we arrived, the gal at the front desk was rude, going on and on about no smoking, which we don't, and then stating it wasn't her fault if someone was smoking outside and made our room smell like smoke...well, okay, whatever. Anyway, the place looks terrible and run down outside, because it is, but our room was acceptable (except the bathroom ceiling was very moldy). Then, when we went to bed around 9pm, arguing between two women in the room next to us, accompanied by a LOT of door slamming ensued. Then after about 30 minutes of that, one of them left and then the head board banging began...that was delightful. Don't even want to know what that was all about. I did NOT feel safe here at all...it is by far the WORST CHEAP HOTEL experience of my life. There were a lot of other motels with character on this street that looked clean and charming. I would recommend the Wyoming Motel..it had no vacancy, unlike the hitching post, and looked extremely well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl W

Travellers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Dont believe the reviews where they say the staff did a good job and the staff was excellent. Those reviews were written by the staff.
I booked a room after being told repeatedly by a different booking agency that this was a classy place, but when we arrived the whole place starting with the parking lot looked horribly dirty and broken down. The lobby was horrible, and only some of the staff speaks English. I wanted to leave immediately but my wife wasn't going to wait for a better place to stay so we paid for a room. The room we got stank of old cigarettes, had paper thin walls, had loud Spanish speaking construction workers on both sides of us playing Mexican music. The trash cans outside were old 55 gal drums that were overflowing with garbage and empty 12-pack beer boxes stacked around them. The room AC was ancient and noisy, the bathroom had two towel bars broken off the wall, and a 80-yr old looking tub/shower.
Cheapy cheap bed spreads and towels and sheets perfectly complimented the 1960's outdated decor.

Oh the staff did give us extra towels after they understood what I was asking for. We got up earlier than planned in the morning just so we could leave this miserable place sooner.

Room Tip: Dont stay here ever
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kirbyramz R
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My brother, my husband, their coworker and myself booked this room for 5 days. We are moving and had to leave our apartment earlier than we anticipated. So we came here expecting friendly people and decent service. WRONG!

My brother went to the front desk to ask for a few plastic bowls and forks since we are staying for a few days, the lady at the front kindly said take what you need (she knew we paid for 5 days and we're planning on staying for another week). So my brother took what we would need, to avoid having to go and ask for more. The other front desk lady YELLS at him and says "do you really need all of those?", obviously she didn't know how long we are here for. To add to her rudeness, he gets a call from this hotel while at work, it's the GM. This man begins chewing out my brother for the things we asked for, and DEMANDS HE BRING THEM BACK. What the hell kind of place does that? We took $2 worth of plastic plates & cups.

Oh and don't get my started on the deceiving pictures of the rooms and pool. First there is no pool, the room is semi - true to the pictures we found on this site. The beds are uncomfortable and pillows go flat in 5 mins.
Come to find out, the rude front desk attendant has caused people to LEAVE and cancel the remainder of their stay. She is combative, unwilling to accept responsibility for mishaps, and by far the RUDEST hotel employee I've ever encountered. The GM ISNT MUCH BETTER. However, there is one attendant that was just the sweetest woman ever.

JUST AVOID THIS HOTEL, find another one and spend the extra money for a better quality place. We won't ever come here again, and will spend our remaining time in Cheyenne somewhere else!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Isabelle M
Grand Marais, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

After readingmany of the reviews for this hotel my wife and I decided to stay at this INN. The looks of the open field around the hotel gave us a little concern but when we entered the registration area we were greeted by a very pleasant lady and later by (I think ) her husband.Shown to a very large room on the main floor. I do mean large! As we were only staying for the nite and then traveling further north, we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel, I did need to get somethings at a mall and after asking for directions was given a home made map with very clear instruction. After a nice visit to the mall and some dinner we returned to the Hotel (thanks to the map). As soon as we entered we were greeted by staff and asked if needed any help. Nice jester that made us feel that they really did care about out our visit. Next morning went to the lobby area where a spars breakfast was offered (cereal, pastries toast, juices and coffee). It did the job. Checked out and on our way.

Room Tip: Stay on main floor and on the north side of hotel that is away from the train track.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sunriver, Oregon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The weather forced us of the road in early dec.2013.
I was being a cheap and went for this low end dive,what a mistake.
The fire alam went off multibel times thru out the night,and could not be silenced untill the fire dept.
did a full inspection. The false alarms continude throu out the night. When confronting management
i was told (WE ARE NOT A CHAIN AND CAN DO AS WE PLEASE. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE)
At 3 am. and snowed in what are you going to do. At 4am. we left with having aprx. 1 hr. of sleep
found an all night dinner and stayed untill sun up and roads where clear. If you think my review is harsh.Please contact the Cheyenne Fire dept. 307-637-6311 and ask them for a review. Now lets talk about broken box springs,shreded furniture,crummy shower head, the list is to long for this page.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room for quick departure in case of emergency. park in front of room so you can...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank bentravelen
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2013

No rooms at our usual stops, so we tried this. The outside appearance is poor. But they friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are dated, and a little worn. Our room was clean and everything worked. Price reasonable.
It appears to be a mix of travelers and apartments.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business