“Nice Super 8”

Super 8 Cheyenne WY
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a reasonably priced Super 8 in Cheyenne, an area where it seems difficult to find a hotel under $100 per night. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the staff very nice. The only drawback is the breakfast which is, to me, just OK. They do have waffles, cereal, fruit and yoghurt but just plain wheat toast and only half the toaster was working. Since I usually only have toast I was fine but if you're looking for more offerings for breakfast, you might be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Cheyenne WY

Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was travelling with my 86 yr old mother, 14 yr old grandson and my dog. A month before travel I reserved a room with 2 queens & a roll-away. When we arrived, they told me they don't have roll-aways. They claimed they never had roll-aways and said I couldn't have booked one. This irritated me but was not the worst part of the trip.
Like I said I travelled with my dog. While returning to the room after taking my dog out, I noticed a 3yr old, followed by her mother, holding the leashes of 2 two small dogs, a mini Doberman and a mix, entering through the rear door. The dogs started barking at my dog and with in seconds pulled away from the child and came at us. I was 2 doors from my room and never made it. They both attached my dog. I reached to try and break them apart and was pulled off balance and fell. I'm 64 yrs old with 2 knee replacements and a herniated back for which I had just gone through CT & MRI along with a spinal cortisone shot. It has been 2 wks since the fall. I've had back muscle spasm, migraines and severe bruising on my back and left leg plus bleeding in the right knee which had only been replaced 6 mos prior.
The hotel needs to stress that all dogs need to be under control at ALL times. Luckily my dog only had fur torn from her neck because when I fell I landed over her enough to protect her and was able to dislodge the mini Doberman & mutt enough that the ADULT whose 3 yr old child let go of the leashes was finally able to grab the leashes and keep them away from us. These same dogs constantly barked in their room, no one trying to quiet them. I called the desk and made them aware of the noise and the fact that they attacked my dog and caused me to fall.
This all happened within 20 feet of the front desk. With all the growling and barking, a definite sign of a dog fight, the person at the front desk NEVER even bothered to look down the hall. I will never return to that hotel. And recommend that all dog owners who travel with their pets, BE RESPONSIBLE and control your pets !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela J R
Becky A, General Manager at Super 8 Cheyenne WY, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

8-19-14

Our hotel was not aware of the guest’s complaint until August 12, 2014, when she contacted the Customer Care Department of Super 8 Worldwide, Inc. We have responded to the guest and have made adjustments with a full credit for the room charges.

Every person who enjoys the love and companionship of a dog, knows that every dog has a different temperament and every dog owner has a different level of care and respect when his/her dog encounters other people and other dogs. It’s not always possible for our staff to evaluate the temperament of dogs or the level of responsibility exercised by the dogs’ owners. But, if our staff becomes aware of a dog that is obviously dangerous or not being controlled by the owner, we don’t provide accommodations or we ask them to leave.

Just as some people are dog lovers, many people are uncomfortable with, or even afraid of, dogs. Our staff isn’t trained to intervene if a dog fight occurs. That responsibility lies with the dog owners. Our staff didn’t respond in a way that the guest felt was appropriate, but, given the sudden and brief duration of the incident, there was little that she could do.

Our motel has insurance to cover various types of medical expenses if guests are injured on the premises. We have advised the guest to send copies of any bills she may have and those bills will be submitted to our insurance company for review.

The adjustments to the room charges have been made due to the fact that our staff didn’t promptly address the barking dogs and the guest should have been notified, prior to arrival, that our hotel doesn’t have rollaway beds.

We hope that the guest is satisfied with the way that we have handled this matter once we received the notification. We strive to provide every guest with a clean comfortable room and a pleasant stay. When that goal isn’t achieved, we do our best to fairly resolve the matter.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Transferred here from the Holiday Inn; wishing I had come here first. A nicer and larger room (King room , non smoking) with fridge and microwave oven. Not alot within easy walking distance but that was ok as I brought everything I needed with me.

Checking in was excellent; had to tolerate the inflated rates as this was Cheyenne Frontier Days but still cheaper than the Holiday Inn. Checking out was bizarre with a young male who was obviously disheveled and rude. Will I stay there again? It's on my list.

Room Tip: Hoping Becky checks you in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Should have looked a little more carefully. First check in was fine we were given a 3rd floor room. When my husband went to bring in the luggage we found they have no elevator. Kind of funny since they had a sticker on the front window saying they belong to a disability-friendly business organization. It was surface clean but did not trust it. My husband found dark, long hairs that don't seem to belong to any of our blonde family on the bed. Also the train is right there and you hear it all night. Breakfast was ok typical.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

a bit near to the goods railyard they were trains in and out all night.other wise the hotel was great for the price

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple