“Definitely The Best In Cheyenne”

TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
ILLINOIS
“Definitely The Best In Cheyenne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Another great Marriott property !! This facility is located on the edge of town, brand new, clean and impressive. We were early for checkin, but the friendly staff greeted us and were able to accomodate our early checkin. Our room was on the side opposite the train tracks, but we did not once hear a train in our room. I did notice that the Union Pacific Railroad has a huge presence and a long history, and helped build Cheyenne and they have a lot of train traffic, but I did not once hear a train whistle in or out of the hotel. The swimming pool was top notch! Warmest swimming pool ever. I just walked right in. One thing missing was the hot tub, but the pool more than made up for that shortfall. Breakfast was good, but as other reviews stated, could have been better. They had sausage, bagels, cereal, and a waffle machine. Our next stay in Cheyenne will definitely be TownePlace Suites !!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on opposite side of railroad tracks just to be sure you do not hear train noise.
1 Thank Vacationer9898
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is our first trip with our American Bulldog. Because of traveling with a dog, we were forced to stay in some poor hotels on our trip. I was generally disappointed that, with the increase in people traveling with pets, there weren't better selections. Then, we found this hotel. We are so pleased! This is a brand new Marriott property. It is beautiful. The customer service at check in was amazing. The two people who helped me (yes, two!) were so friendly and accommodating. I had read the reviews here about train noise so I asked if there would be a problem with our room. Because we had so far to drive the next day, they went out of their way to get us an extra quiet room. We booked two of their rooms. They are just beautiful, with mini kitchens in each room.

My main positive was regarding the fact that this property is very pet friendly. There is a $100 fee for pets - obviously a better deal if you are staying more than one night. We are just here for one night. But, as another reviewer said, I find this entirely appropriate. This is a NICE property. I am SO pleased to get to stay somewhere nice with my beloved bulldog. I know they will clean this room immaculately when we leave so the next guest also has a nice room. The $100 is like a room rental for my pet. I respect that.

I also found, in traveling with a dog for the first time, that a lot of hotels only want small dogs. I have two small dogs in addition to my large American Bulldog. They are at home because they are yappy and have small bladders. They would not be polite in the hotel and are much more likely to piddle on the floor. My American Bulldog, on the other hand, is extremely well mannered and would never piddle on the floor. He also would not bark at anyone, as my little dogs would. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some very well behaved little dogs (just not mine), but I am grateful that this beautiful hotel recognized that my larger dog would be a wonderful guest as well.

I hope that future pet owners will treat this property well. It is a real blessing to have a beautifully appointed hotel for my family without leaving my American Bulldog home. I hope they will continue to charge $100 and that they will be very successful as they allow families and pets to enjoy their property.

This hotel is first rate and I am so grateful to have found it. With or without pets, I would highly recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have a concern about the railroad, as mentioned in other reviews, just let them know. They a...
2 Thank Attorney_and_Mom
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is TownePlace Suites Cheyenne's goal each and every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family stayed one night in a studio suite.

The good:
The room was very, very clean. Whoever they have hired to take care of their rooms is doing a great job.
Although we did not need to use them, the suite was well stocked with kitchen utensils, plates, etc. Had a two burner stove, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. All looked new and in good condition.
Staff was friendly.
Air conditioning unit was fairly quiet. This was a plus when traveling with a one year old.

The bad:
In the studio suites that feature two queen beds -- the rooms are a bit tight. The bed closest to the window is only a foot away from the air conditioner. Anyone in that bed gets blasted with cold air.
The breakfast in the morning is a step below other hotels at the same cost. The only protein served was boiled eggs. Cold cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt, pre-packaged muffins, and waffles rounded out the list. The hotel only has one waffle maker and one toaster. There were lines to use these.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill J
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, it is greatly appreciated! We pride ourselves on providing you with the best possible experience and will share your breakfast concerns and the beds next to the A/C unit with our management company. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Don't buy any of the other reviews about train noise. I'm a light sleeper and didn't hear a thing despite being on the front(track) side of the hotel.

Room was large with a full kitchenette, and spotless! Staff was extremely friendly! I was asked by every staff member I passed on my 2 day stay how my room was, if I needed anything, and was even recommend a local pizza shop that was great! Edna at the front desk was very helpful and the manager Pam gave us personalized service by name! The whole staff really makes you feel at home. I read in another review the staff new they were the best in town. This definitely show, and nothing wrong with being proud of what you do!

The head maintenance guy Brent even gave us the low down on where his secret fishing spots were (including a Google map with directions). Needless to say we caught our limit of trout and grilled them on the BBQ out in the patio area that night.

Overall an outstanding stay! Will be back with all of my friends on the next trip through cheyenne!

Keep up the great atmosphere and staff!!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thomas C
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent stay. We are delighted that your stay with the newly built TownePlace Suites Cheyenne was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We brought our dog along for a road trip to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore. TownePlace Suites proved invaluable wherever we found them. As longtime Marriott Rewards members, we are happy that we can now book trips at pet friendly, comfortable, clean hotels such as this one. Pet deposits are common among upscale hotels, and as long as we find a clean room that accommodates our pup, we are pleased to pay for it. This hotel is well managed and hospitable, and we had a nice breakfast and squeezed in workouts. Having read previous reviews, I was apprehensive about the train noise, so we requested a front-facing room as per recommendations on Trip Advisor. So I was confused when I pulled back the curtains in our room to see train tracks. We did hear whistles during the night, but it was actually pleasant and seemed fitting for our locale. The next morning, walking the dog, I discovered train tracks in the rear of the property as well. The front desk clerk explained that whistles had to be blown near an intersection which is close to the hotel. Don't let this deter you from booking, as the building is well insulated, and a little white noise from the a/c will keep you from being awakened. Enjoyed our stay here!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joni B
Thank you for taking the time to review our newly built TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cheyenne . Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel has been open for less than 2 months. So, very nicely, everything is brand new! Our room was fairly spacious. It included a small kitchette and a mid-sized refrigerator. We had a nice king sized bed. The room also had a sleeper sofa. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Our stay included free breakfast as well. I wasn't the greatest breakfast in the world, but it included a fair amount of choices - cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast (other breads as well), muffins, and waffles. I am not one to complain about free things so if you want more options I am sure there are plenty of places to grab breakfast.

The location is good as well. it is just on the outskirts of downtown. Close to all the sites.

Enjoy!

2 Thank catlaw98
Thank you for taking the time to review our newly built TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cheyenne. It is our goal each and every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not the type to jump online and review a hotel, but this hotel and it's staff deserve recognition!

Stayed with the whole family while we were having some work done on our home. Staff was very friendly and helpful, even provided our little guys with crayons and coloring paper. Beautiful property with all the amenities of home. Everything was clean and immaculate during our week here, really seemed like the staff never stopped cleaning. They were in the halls, pool area and even in the parking lot ensuring everything was perfect always!

The housekeeping staff was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed every day, Barb was great.

There was always a staff member at the front desk who was happy to chat with us and ring up our incidental purchases from the market on site. I spoke with the Pam the manager everyday, and she even knew us by name!

Only interaction I had with the maintenance staff was a daily greeting in the halls asking how our stay was. They do a great job of keeping things in tip top shape, and even brought our boys some squirt toys while we were in the pool!

By far the best place to stay in Cheyenne. The whole staff makes you feel like part of a big family! Have already recommended to everyone I know!

Thanks Town Place Suites for making us feel so at home!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Adrienne B
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Cheyenne and taking the time to write this wonderful review. I was happy to read that you found the staff "helpful and friendly." We are proud of our newly built hotel with full kitchens and we're happy to offer a "GREAT place to stay!" while visiting Cheyenne. Your feedback is very valuable and appreciated.