“Would stay here again...”

Buffalo Bill Cabin Village
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Irvine, California
“Would stay here again...”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice place to stay. The room had character and was very clean. I thought it was a good value for the price. We arrived late so had to check in thru the holiday inn which was a little confusing. They must have an arrangement with them though the lady that helped us looked less than pleased. Overall a nice place to rest your head.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Bill Cabin Village, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear jb201378,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a good review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can host you again on your next trip to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Quintin Blair, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here as part of a bus tour and it was wonderful. We had a little cabin decked out in rodeo furnishings with a small bathroom and we loved it. We had air conditioning and a ceiling fan and our own front door. We could sit outside with other people and have a chat or have a drink or two. The welcoming sarsaparilla and deli tastings in the gift store was really nice. There are plenty of places to eat or shop nearby and there is a bank across the road. The restaurant in the Holiday Inn, which is in front of the cabins, is very nice and the service was excellent. To us, this was a really pleasant place to stay and would love to stay again if we got the chance. Oh and to the lovely man who gave a ride on his golf cart, thank you very much, it was thrilling!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Bill Cabin Village, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear longtimetravellers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really enjoyed hearing about your western adventure with us and appreciate your recommendation on Trip Advisor.

Hope to see you again soon,

Massena, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Went to the Holiday Inn but it was way too expensive and was approached by a nice lady who said that they had cabins available at a much cheaper rate. She showed it to us and being tired and she told us most hotels were full, we decided to take it instead of taking a chance on not having a place to stay. Big mistake! The room smelled like they had sprayed it to cover up a
worse smell. No fan in the little bathroom and only one window. Air conditioner was so noisey we had to turn it off. Someone parked right next to our cabin after 10 and unloaded their car, slamming all the doors and waking us up. The bed is up against the wall, so you have to get in or our either from the end of the bed or over the person you are sleeping with. Would not stay here again. It appears that these are affiliated with the Holiday Inn but when I requested that they take my member number, I was informed that they are simply owned by the same people.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dreamweaver11
Good Afternoon dreamweaver11,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations. I have noted your valuable comments regarding the noise of the air conditioner and I will make sure that this issue will be looked into post haste. During our peak season there is indeed a lot of activity around the complex and I apologize for the noise. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Quintin Blair, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cody hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The cabin’s here are a bit out dated, but they are quiet and comfortable. Ours was a shotgun setup where you have to walk through the first bedroom and the bathroom to get to the second bedroom, but the cabin was very clean and convenient to the downtown area.

Now that I’ve been here, I know there are other places to stay that are much closer to Yellowstone. However, if you’re looking for a little shopping and some night life then this is probably your best option on the east side of the park. This was the cheapest place I could find in Cody so it worked.

Apparently, they are also associated with the Holiday Inn next door as well because this is where they sent me to get ice for our cooler.

TIP: The doors lock automatically so do not use the lock on the inside of your door. The people who stayed here before us had done this so it took us about 30 minutes to round up a maintenance man to allow us access to our cabin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear DannyMac13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is always nice to hear what our customers have to say. I sincerely apologize for the time it took to get maintenance to let you into your cabin. The doors can be a bit tricky as we still use the key system. It may please you to know that since your stay we have remodeled the interiors of the cabins with new bedding, bathrooms and carpet. I hope that you will have a chance to come see it again and let us know what you think.

Ft. knox
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Located in a squished corner of Cody right next to a Holiday Inn & Comfort Inn. Parking is minimal and difficult. The wifi is iffy-keeps cutting out. There's a bit of a bug issue. The a/c are window units. One works, one does not. Our set up is 3 full size beds. 2 beds in 1 rm, a bathroom in the middle then the 3rd bed in the front door area. This is good as there are 5 of us. I, personally would not stay here again. I'm more of a hotel person. I like it clean, cool and breakfast included (not here! No micro or fridge either).

• Stayed September 2013
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Bill Cabin Village, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations with regards to parking and the wi-fi. I am surprised to hear that you had difficulty with parking as each cabin has its own private space. Please be assured that our wi-fi is not normally an issue. During this period we were experiencing a bit of a hiccup and we have since had this fixed. As for the AC units, I hope you reported the problem to our staff so that the problem could be corrected for the next guest. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Judith Blair, General Manager
Kanab, Utah
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our cabin was cramped with a king bed, and dark with insufficient lighting. The bathroom was clean, but essentially no counter space whatsoever. I am sure most would find the bed absolutely wonderful, but I can not sleep on memory foam. The staff brought in a cot for me to sleep on. Housekeeping was very good. Just so you know, there is No breakfast and no refrigerator/micro. The A/C did work well enough to cool the room if you left it on all day. When I made our reservation I asked for a room away from the highway, and we were assigned the closest cabin to the highway. I was not thrilled with our stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear redhead3855,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations with regards to breakfast and the placement of your room. It may please you to know that we are in the process of renovating our bathrooms and we hope to show you a better experience next time you are in town.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Judith Blair, General Manager
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We liked it. Comfortable beds, clean room, nice bathroom. Swimming pool at Holiday Inn was fine & very close to room. Have stayed here a few times. You can park right at your cabin. I think the price is acceptable for the accomodations.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sharon R,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for takign the time to leave us a nice review. We hope to serve you again next time your travels bring you to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Judith Blair - General Manager