“Nice Modern Rooms”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Modern Rooms”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my room was. This property is nice and modern. The bathroom even had a European feel. All the amenities worked great. Nice HD TV and coffee in the room. The room was quiet and well services each day. The location is good, close to downtown. Free breakfast was OK, same thing every day (scrambled eggs and link sausage)… got you feed but you do have to wander through the gift shop to get it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear DvsDan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the newly renovated hotel and we hope that we will get to see you again should your travels bring you back to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Pernille Swienink, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pine Bluffs, Wyoming
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here on a trip with a friend and attempted to work my job from the hotel room which was entirely impossible. What hotel in this day and age has poor internet service--THIS one. If you need the internet at all, DO NOT STAY HERE. I spent many hours in the lobby as that was the only place I could maintain an internet connection for any amount of time. The shower has poor pressure. We were in a totally separate building (the doors to the outside didn't lock allowing ANYONE to enter), and our ice machine was outside...not good when it's raining. Breakfast is also a hike across to an entirely different building. The noise from the road prevents any open windows--something that would be nice in wonderful summer weather. The staff is decent. While spending all of my time in the lobby, I watched a wonderful man who worked very hard though I think he was a little stressed that he couldn't vacuum due to the large number of people who were using laptops and trying to conduct business over the phone. I'm certain due to the fact it couldn't be done in their rooms! Find another hotel if you can.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the 2nd building if you must stay here, and do not think you'll be able to utiliz...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Superboertje, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your experience.
I wish you would have let us know about your issues with the Wi-Fi while you were here; there are a number of things we can do to reset the routers and get the internet running better when our guests are having issues, I do apologize for the inconvenience!
Our second building is open during the summer to allow more guests to stay with us. All exterior doors should be locked during the night, I am sorry if this was not the case during your stay.
Since we do have many travellers staying with us in the summer, we choose to move our breakfast area from the lobby to the Sarsasparilla Saloon to more comfortably accommodate everyone in the morning.
Again, I apologize for failing to meet your expectations, I hope you consider staying with us again so we can provide you with an excellent stay!
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We were going in and out of Yellowstone and under estimated the time to get to and from Cody. This is why the lower rating for location. That said, the room was clean, service friendly and breakfast yummy. Cody is a neat town and should be visited.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear BarrettFamilyVacay,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that you had trouble with the drive to and from Yellowstone and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we will get to see you again should your travels bring you back to Cody.

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Yellowstone National Park. It is. An hour from the park. When we checked in the key did not work, got a new one and the handle kinda fell off and door wouldn't open. Maintenance came and had us in quickly and they were the nicest men as it was Sunday evening and they were friendly and apologetic. Air conditioner was temperamental, but we got it to work without calling the maintenance guys back and never had any other trouble.

Room was facing street on 2nd floor and then up 4 steps. View was of a rock roof and the front facade of hotel. Shower was narrow with wonderfully modern doors and drain. Hot water and pressure were good. The tv channel listing was in the clunky notebook that hotels have. While I didn't watch a lot of tv, it would have been nicer to have the listing were I could find it.

Breakfast is over in a separate building as others have described. I thought they were exaggerating until I experienced it myself. You really do walk through an overfilled gift store to an okay breakfast. We never had to wait in line and the food was ample.

The swimming pool is outside at the Holiday Inn and we didn't use it. There are no refrigerator or microwave in the room. The hair dryer was excellent and not one stuck on the wall. Bed was comfy and pillows aplenty.

It seemed a bit overpriced, but location, location. Easy walking distance to quaint downtown restaurants. It's an hour to Yellowstone from Cody.

Room Tip: There are three rooms on 2nd floor that are up four steps so you have to lug your stuff up them once...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear johnsonew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so sorry about your door handle and key and am very relieved to hear that our maintenance team was there promptly to fix it for you. I'm glad you enjoyed the newly renovated bathrooms, blow dryer and bed. Having a smaller tv guide separate from the book is a good idea and something we will look into. Thank you for the great suggestion and we hope that we will get to see you again should your travels bring you back to Cody.

purrfctprncss
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. It is fine to stay for a night or 2, I wouldn't want to stay any longer than that. The room was dark, on the 1st floor, with many motorcycles parked outside the window...we heard each of them leave in the morning. The breakfast help went above and beyond and I thought it was fun to walk through the little gift shop to get to breakfast.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay!
I'm happy to hear our staff was helpful, and I am glad you enjoyed staying with us while you were in Cody. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Clean, good smelling room, very nice and helpful front desk staff:-). But know this for those who have disabilities, you must leave the buillding to eat breakfast and walk about 500 yds pass the front of the Holiday inn to the rear of a gift shop to eat. The possitive is a bigger eating area.
The swimming pool is shared with the holiday inn and located at the holiday which is about 500 yds away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Superboertje, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know how we're doing! We really appreciate your comments and I am pleased to see that your enjoyed your stay with us here in Cody. In the summer we move our breakfast over to the Sasparilla Salloon in order to accommodate a larger amount of guests. There is some parking available in front of the building for those who'd rather not walk. Thanks again for your business, we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Stephanie Thomson on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a very nice Comfort Inn - both the building and rooms were newer looking and nicely appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was no refrigerator or microwave, unusual for the Choice Hotels in which we have stayed. My husband asked the front desk if any of the rooms had refrigerators and he was told no. When we checked out the next morning, I mentioned that this seemed unusual. The morning staff mentioned that we could have requested one to be put in the room. They were quite surprised and apologetic that this had not been offered to us. So, just realize that this is an option if you stay here.

I would also suggest the you ask if there are any tour groups staying and plan accordingly. In the summer, the hotel sends guests across the parking lot to another building for breakfast. We arrived there promptly at 6:30 when breakfast started. We were shocked to see a very long line of tour group people waiting for the door to open and then to make their way through the buffet line. It took forever to get through the line. We were delayed leaving Cody by at least 30 minutes. I spoke to the front desk about this and, once again, they were very apologetic and compensated me in a very nice gesture on their part. I do think, though, that there might be a better way to do the breakfast. There could be a smaller breakfast set up in the hotel for non-tour group guests, even if it had a smaller selection of food items. One could then make a choice as to which is more important -- time or a full breakfast. Another alternative would be to give different colored tickets to tour groups and solo travelers and provide some sort of expedited entrance for the latter. It seems rather unfair to make the few solo travelers wait so long behind large tour groups. Letting the few solo travelers go ahead would not significantly delay the tour group as they all have to wait for everyone to be done. However, making solos travelers wait behind large tour groups (in our case, two groups) does significantly impact them.

I do want to thank the morning staff, though, for their understanding and willingness to try to make a bad situation better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mlmdjd
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a very thoughtful review. I apologize you were not given the option of requesting a microwave or refrigerator when you asked. We do have a limited amount to put in our guest rooms and hope to make it a standard in all of our rooms soon.
I am glad to see that our morning staff was able to compensate your for the inconvenience of your breakfast experience. Your suggestions are very well thought out and we will take them into consideration.
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Cody, we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again next time you're in town!
Stephanie Thomson, on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager