“A very satisfactory stay”
Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Needham, Massachusetts
“A very satisfactory stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

A common trip is from Yellowstone to Rapid City,SD and a good place to stay on the way is Cody, Wyoming. The Cody is a motel with excellent rooms, friendly staff, modern decor, and a generous free breakfast. We three adults enjoyed our stopover and recommend The Cody.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel is absolutly beautiful! We had a room with a balcony with a breath-taking view, the most comfortable beds (and I have a bad back), robes and the hotel staff is outstanding! Very knowledgable and extremely friendly. They guided us as to where to eat and the sites to see. Pool open 24 hours. It was such a pleasurable expierence, we stayed another night! I wish we had more time, we would have definitly stayed longer!! Perks also include shaver and great shower gels... plus the honey candies in the lobbie are the bomb!!

Room Tip: Ask for balcony, 10.00 more, use AAA discount it helps
1 Thank wy4ever
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I was coming from Mount Rushmore with my family for the first time in the U.S. and in Cody-Yellowstone area. I was not sure what the best hotel to find in there, but I googled the hotels in the area and The Cody hotel came first in my search.

I booked double queen beds for the four of us. When we came we found out that the system overbooked our room by mistake. Luckily, we managed to get two king bed rooms with jacuzzi. We really enjoyed it that we extended for another night without a second guess, but we had to make sure that the rooms are not booked for that night too. Reception-front desk, management, and employees were really cooperative in arranging for overbooking mistake and further in our stay!

The hotel was moderately 5 stars hotel in te middle of nowhere to me! Beleive me when I say that, I've stayed in 5 stars hotels in the U.S., Australia, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Bahrain, and other countries and this privately owned hotel really pulled it off and managed to compete in the same level! (Take the Versaci hotels in Australia and Dubai in comprising when I stayed in there.)

The rooms are clean and well prepared-structured. The hotel is very quit and looks elegant at night. Breakfast is really good with wholesome food and for free! Swimming pool and hot jaccuzi is really relaxing.

In nutshell, we loved it a lot and will definitely come here again and recommend family and friends to come over here.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank m2b999
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The Cody is a luxurious hotel minutes away from downtown Cody, the Buffalo Bill Historical Center and the Cody Night Rodeo grounds. The lobby is very comfortable and well appointed in a tasteful Western motif. The staff is very friendly, professional and courteous. A intimate library offers books to read about the area. A generous breakfast is included and I had some of the best homemade granola I have ever eaten. There is a small workout room and a nice pool, whirlpool and sauna. The rooms were quiet, clean and very nicely decorated. All of the personal care items are high-end, spa-type products. The grounds include a lovely water feature. I will definitely stay at The Cody again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed here one night traveling through town w/hubby and our 11 &15 year old. Very clean and nice. I love the NON-chain hotels and this is a great one for this town. Friendly staff, suggest we eat dinner at the Wyoming Rib & Chop House and it was VERY GOOD and well priced drinks!! We are very picky about good food as well as hotels. We did not use the pool however it looked very nice and clean. The only thing I was iffy about was the Free breakfast, it was just ok, nothing special. I would stay here again in a heartbeat though!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at The Cody for two nights while visiting Yellowstone. This hotel was the best choice in town. The rooms were spacious & clean, the pool & workout area were nice and the free breakfast was great with healthy choices that included fresh strawberries & melon. This hotel is also within walking distance of the Cody Rodeo that runs every night. Which is a must see. I would stay here again!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Our family stayed in the Cody for part of a family vacation for 5 nights. The Hotel was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful, and friendly. While the kids and I were at the pool, Kenny, one of the maintenance workers asked if we were going to the rodeo that night, and gave a ride to the front gate. Kenny continued to be a standout employee, impressing my wife and kids with his friendliness, and many stories. He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable, and all our needs were met. The free breakfast is more than adequate with at least one hot egg dish and sausage, and everything else you would expect from a continental breakfast. The Cody is about 1 hour from the east entrance of Yellowstone, and a little over an hour from Thermopolis. If in Cody again, I would definitely stay at the Cody again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the East side of the building have an unobstructed view of the mountains, and the rodeo...