“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I got away from the midwest on a business trip. We stayed in one of the fireplace suites. It is really a fabulous Hotel. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and really comfortable. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benzion T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Bristol, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We love The Cody! Beyond expectations! Very comfortable and the location is perfect. Staff goes over and above. We loved if!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank ladydi81249
Hugo, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel was clean and very nice. Complementary breakfast was very good. The views from the room were awesome.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter or Teresa F
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was our second time at the Cody and won't be our last. All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. We stayed in a king jacuzzi fireplace suite and it did not disappoint at all! The room was very spacious and relaxing. We woke up to 6 inches of snow and our car windows scraped off for us already by the Cody staff! I would suggest the Cody to friends and family in a heartbeat!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sara B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We love The Cody. We've stayed here a couple of times and have always received great service, friendly people and clean rooms. It's so nice to see some of the same faces, these people know how to take care of their guests. The free breakfast has more selection that the local chain hotels. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are the best I have ever experienced at a hotel. I look forward to our next stay at The Cody.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have the best views, but if you have pets as we do the back side is geat bec...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank jgideon
Shell, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel is outstanding in every way. It is absolutely the BEST that the Cody area has to offer with spacious and beautifully appointed rooms. The service is exquisite from the front desk, to the abundant breakfasts and housekeeping. The only drawback to this hotel is there is no restaurant or bar on the premises and no direct room service. Adding this amenity to this beautiful hotel would undoubtedly complete the package. When I am in Cody, this is the ONLY place I will stay!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and splurge on the suite with the jacuzzi and fireplace. You won't be sorry.
1 Thank Kathleen C
Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Let me say that I booked a room at the Cody for the week after Xmas and haven't stayed there yet. I read reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to book there in spite of several complaints about the rudeness of the staff. Today I called to ask a few questions prior to departing and the person who answered the phone (Amy) actually hung up on me. No one has been overly friendly during the previous 2 phone conversations but this is a new high for unacceptable behavior. I did call back and left a message with Amy to have the manager call me- we'll see if she delivers it. I did not cancel my reservation because there are only 3 pet friendly hotels in Cody and frankly the rate and quality of this one (judging from the photos) has no rival. I would gladly stay at the Irma if they would allow dogs! I will post again after the holidays and review my actual stay but I can tell you now- if you expect courteous phone manners from a hotel staff don't bother with this one. Hanging up on customers is generally a no no in any tourism industry.

Room Tip: they are pet friendly- they do have good off season rates. the front desk staff are perhaps the rude...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank goatpacker
Number1inCody, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
I appreciate the fact that our guests take time to remark about our service and our property even when their experience isn't to their satisfaction. It is from such honesty that we can make improvements.. Unfortunately we never had the opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality to this potential guest. I wish she could speak to the current in-house guests here with their pets.