“Very welcoming hotel and town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Regina, Canada
“Very welcoming hotel and town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with our stay here. The room was clean, the pool area was clean, it had a nice little sauna and a delicious continental breakfast. We stayed three nights with our three kids and always came back to a comfy bed and friendly hotel staff. It's close to walmart, which is pretty handy when you need extra things. Even the walmart staff were charming :) it's worth the stay!

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Cody Hotel is a beautiful hotel, but it was the staff that made our stay extra special. I booked our room on-line, then found that even though it was a nice 2-queen room it was just a little cramped for the 3 of us. We were there for 2 nights, so the next morning I asked if we could possibly upgrade to a larger room. They sent a "priority" out to the housekeeping crew to clean a room right next to our current one. It was clean in less than half an hour, and we moved our stuff over to this beautiful king room with a jacuzzi tub and pull-out couch with fireplace and walkout balcony, all for just $50 more. Jeremy at the front desk made it so easy for us. And everyone involved including those at the desk and the housekeepers were all so very nice to us. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Best to call for reservations. Not all available types of rooms may show on-line for the number of...
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Cody is a wonderful place to stay and come "home"
to at the end of a busy day. From the moment we entered, the ambiance welcomed us. The aroma of fresh baked cookies, the grand piano playing off of the lobby, the water cascading from the wall art and the interior decor all make this hotel an extremely lovely place to say. We stayed in one of the rooms with a Fireplace and as someone alluded to in an earlier review, the room was bigger than many apartments. We enjoyed the town, talking to the locals, driving the road into Yellowstone after dinner just to see the wildlife and scenery (since the entrance to the park was still closed). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Gary answered my questions via email ahead of our stay, he helped us map our itinerary and made dinner reservations (Wyoming Rib and Chop House). They even offered a shuttle! Be sure to stop in the Wyoming Buffalo Company on Sheridan street and have a sample of buffalo and elk and pheasant and chat with the friendly owners. Can't wait to plan our next trip to Cody. It will definitely include another reservation at the Cody.

Room Tip: The western side may have a better view but with the FP in our room, we were more focused on that th...
1 Thank Havingfunontheroad
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I must say that I enjoyed my stay at The Cody. The hotel was beautiful, and had a very appealing atmosphere. The location was great - just shy of an hour from the entrance to Yellowstone, right across the street from the rodeo, and a minute drive from downtown (next time I know to visit in the summer months since neither the Rodeo or Yellowstone were open). I was surprised at how clean my room was (my card said the housekeeper's name was Janet - great job!). My bed was very comfortable, and the staff very friendly. All in all I would recommend anyone staying in Cody Wyoming to stay at this hotel. It was definitely a small town luxury!

Dietrich, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We did a very fast four day trip trying to get in besides sight seeing, a football game (yes in April), three museums in WY and MT, and a PBR event in Billings. So that meant four different motels. Well the Cody was hands down the winner for value and amenities. We have stayed in rooms that cost nearly twice as much as the Cody and offered a lot less. I would have gave this a five star rating except for the need to update our room "key" every time we returned to the motel. This was annoying as heck and we weren't the only ones. While standing outside the room trying not to look like a burglar bungling the pass key we were told by other guest on two occasions "you too?" However that was minor compared to what the Cody had to offer.

1 Thank David1369
CelesW, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hi David. Thanks so much for taking time to write about us. We are updating our locks as I write, so hopefully next time we can win your 5 star rating! :) It was great to visit with you and your crew & I hope you stay with us, & stop in to say "Hello" to me while you guys are here this Summer!
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed 10/04/14, a good hotel beds wonderful a great nights sleep, breakfast fine, Gary and Kenny looked after us wonderfully, taxi into town invaluable.would definitely come back at some time in the future, the snug with the fire very welcoming.

Lander, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Let me start by saying I work in the hospitality industry so I tend to be a bit more critical of hotels than most - my husband would say I am way more critical. Also, I am disabled so I rarely spend the night away from home since I use a hospital bed when at home and rarely do hotel beds allow me to sleep at all. The Cody is not only a beautiful hotel with every amenity one could want (we stayed in the King suite with jacuzzi spa) but also the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast was very nice with actual silverware and plates - not just plastic ware and paper plates (everywhere you looked The Cody was Earth-friendly) and the attendant was outgoing and welcoming as well. Most importantly for me, the bed was so wonderful that it was the first time in two years I was able to sleep in a hotel room - I would pay any price for that experience. Unless you are disabled you most likely would not understand but for me I now have somewhere I can stay where I know that I will be able to sleep and not hurt all night and the next day because of an uncomfortable bed. My husband has a bad shoulder and he said the same thing about the bed and how comfortable it was. He too is usually very uncomfortable. Lastly, we almost always travel with our dogs and the fact that they will allow dogs as guests at a reasonable price, coupled with the earth friendly attitude, cleanliness, amazing beds, (did I mention terrific bath products?) makes this my favorite hotel on the planet. Well worth the money, especially during off season. Gin and Celes were the two people we worked with - the GM and I did not get the other title - if the rest of the staff is half as friendly, there is no possible way to have a bad experience at The Cody.

Room Tip: All of the door close with a loud bang, so if you can get towards the end of the hall you will not h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CelesW, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hi DonnaJo! It was great to have you, & thank you so much for taking time to review. It was great to chat with you about your hotel in Lander. I hope your husbands interview went well. Looking forward to having you stay with us again.