“Very Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Texas
“Very Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2008

We celebrated our 22nd anniversary while staying at The Cody on our vacation. It was wonderful! Janet, manager, and her staff were so very nice. After staying in a rustic cabin in the Grand Tetons for 4 days it was a welcome retreat. Luxurious, comfortable and plenty of amenities. Be sure to ask for a balcony room that faces the mountains. We definitely recommend The Cody & look forward to our next stay.
CB Texas

• Liked — flat screen tv
  • Disliked — comfort of the bed
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Londoner16
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

My wife and I, and our seven-month-old twin boys, stayed here for just under a week. It is a splendid place - attractive, comfortable rooms, helpful and courteous staff, an excellent breakfast (included in the room rate), a great swimmking pool and hot tub - and all at a very reasonable price. Easily the most impressive place to stay in Cody - highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
virginia beach, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

My mother and I had just left Yellowstone after a week stay. Although, I was rather disappointed about reentering civilization, I knew that we needed to move on to other destinations on our 3 week getaway. Cody was next on our itinerary. We didn't make a reservation....we usually don't because we are spontaneous kind of people and like to see where we end up and like to see the property first.....one thing we had learned many years ago, you never make a reservation based on pictures or brochures! We looked at 5 or 6 places in Cody and most of them were more expensive or the same price range and not near as clean or friendly, or as nice amenities.
The desk staff was courteous, friendly, and helpful. Especially, Eric Myers and the other girl with dark hair that was from Texas. They very patient when I needed a new key in the middle of the night 3 times! It was it was QUIET and relaxing unlike most other hotels/motels. And the very very best part was that the hot tub was open 24 HOURS!! This is such a gift when you have been traveling, sightseeing and rodeoing all day and just want to relax for a few hours....more hotels need to do this because 10 pm is just way too early to close a pool or hot tub......thank you soooo much for the best stay on our visit....(well other than Yellowstone.)

• Liked — the ammenities, pool and hot tub 24 hours!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank az2b
Parker, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

Well here is my review and I don't ever complain about hotels at least not on the internet....but this is an exception.
Pro: Great ambiance and decor
Pro: Great location, closest hotel to Yellowstone via Cody
Pro: Good breakfast, okay desert
Pro: Room was clean

If that was all that a hotel was to be made of it would be a luxurious experience. Unfortunately, it isn't and The Cody isn't luxury.

Con: Walls and floors are paper thin
Con: Front desk is clueless, unhelpful and rude
Con: Water pressure is the lowest of any hotel I have stayed at ever.
Con: Security is lacking

I will explain my cons, and why I was an un-satisfied customer. I must explain however that this is a review that will be going into 2 national and world travel magazines and it will be showing my lack of satisfaction.

My wife, baby and I arrived at the hotel at 2 p.m., I had requested an early check-in and it seemed as though it wasn't a problem. Once we had all of our bags in our room and started to relax a bit before checking out Cody, we heard our door open and hit the security stop. This happened several times and when I investigated found out that the front desk had given another couple keys to our room. I have NEVER had this happen at any other hotel in my life time. I have stayed in so many hotels and resorts I can't even count them anymore. This is unacceptable, we were literally in the room a total of 20 minutes and the front desk couldn't remember or see on their computers that the room was all ready occupied? The second part of this was my wife then told me that the deadbolt in the door did not work, which would have prevented the other people from entering. Had my wife been alone with the baby, this may have turned out differently and I would be discussing other avenues for remediation. So the maintenance man came and took him approximately an hour to fix the problem with the deadbolt, this has never happened in a luxury hotel for me. Everything seemed fine until at 2 am we were startled awake by the room directly upstairs from us. It wouldn't be so bad if all we heard was footsteps, but the sound of people having sex is not my cup of tea, especially at 2 am. Then they proceeded to take showers after their sex romp, yes you can hear the water and drains from another room. The couple then decided to use their room hot tub, which is very very loud. This noise was the one that woke my baby. He like my wife and I are very sound sleepers so to be jostled awake by a neighboring room is not common. Finally, we got back to sleep after a noise complaint to the front desk, and were woken up again but this time by neighbors on the same floor. We could hear word for word what they were arguing about, and they weren't yelling. I decided to get up at this time because we were looking forward to seeing Yellowstone for the first time. As I turned on the shower and entered it I thought I was doing something wrong, water was barely dripping out of the shower head and the water was barely warm. I tried everything and realized that there was nothing more that I could do and stood there for 30 minutes trying to get clean. If the water pressure is low to save water, the fool you are since I use more water when it is at such a low pressure. After I was done and getting dressed I noticed that I could hear the maids vacuuming. You would think they were in the hallway by how loud it was, but they weren't they were on the next floor up. Yes, the vacuuming was again loud enough to startle my baby awake. When I asked to be moved into another room on higher level or some kind of help about the noise, the front desk lady said it was too bad, and I might want to look for another hotel. Taken back I shook my head and grabbed my family to enjoy Yellowstone. Since we weren't excited about coming back to the hotel, we stayed in the park until dark. When arriving back to our room from hell we found that all of our key cards had been deactivated, I am assuming due to the incompetence of the day earlier. Similar noises happened the second night and we were relieved to be checking out. We asked the front desk to speak to a manager and at 10 am there wasn't one on duty. Seems to me maybe the manager knows there are problems and hides until the guests leave. We then asked if there was anything they could do about our stay and lack of satisfaction the front desk only said they could take $40 off the bill, which incidentally I found out that they ADDED $40 to the bill. I will not be returning to this hotel and will be telling the country and the world not to stay here. It could have been better, much better and at $200 a night I expect much, much more.
This hotel proclaims it is a luxury hotel everywhere you look, but in my opinion this is very, very misleading.

• Liked — The decor was great
  • Disliked — The actual hotel building, very shoddy construction.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank skierbri10
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2008

What a wonderful place to stay! Located just on the other side of town - near the Cody Rodeo - is this amazing hotel. We were on our western trip from Chicago to Spokane, WA and stayed in several hotels along the way. This up-scale hotel in the great town of Cody had a family friendly pool, warm, western-like atmosphere, super continental breakfast, great rooms (the very comfy beds, bathrobes, shower) and wonderful staff. We (my husband and daughters - 5 and 2) enjoyed it so much, we stayed another day (3 nights total). Spending two days in Yellowstone and hanging around Cody for the other - playing in the pool, walking around town, watching the gun fight in town, having great steaks at Wyoming's Rib and Chop House and checking out the rodeo. We paid $149/night for two queen beds - a grand opening rate. We tell everyone we know about The Cody - a fun town, about an hour drive to Yellowstone and a fabulous hotel to stay! We will go back!

• Liked — The rooms were wonderful - clean, roomy, great amenities!
  • Disliked — The view outside our 2nd floor window wasn't very nice - but we didn't stay there to look our the window.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Road_Trippin_Chicago
Ithaca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

Very nice hotel.Room is clean and luxury. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast exceeded my expectation.

• Liked — New, and clean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank CarolChing
Boulder
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

We stayed at the Cody on our way to Yellowstone. Arrived late at night and still used the hot tub and swimming pool. Everything is very clean and of good quality. Way better than the usual motel/hotels in tourist towns!
The room was spacious and clean as well. The refrigerator didn't work properly, it never cooled down our drinks and yogurts. The breakfast was an added benefit. A nice breakfast room, real cereal, fruit, waffles and different breads. I would love to see a selection and better quality of tea in the morning, not just your standard black tea.
Overall a good find!

• Liked — Clean, higher quality than the usual hotels
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple